The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 12-26-2023, 05:56 PM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Started playing this yesterday. Wow. This is awesome in every conceivable way, and even ways I didn't consider. It's pretty satisfying going around blowing away punks with Robocop's hand cannon. But yeah, this is absolutely Robocop 2.5 and feels exactly like a "missing movie," with some pretty cool action.

Only possible complaint I have is that I wish it was possible to use Robocop's USB Wolverine claw in battle. I'm not too far into the game at the moment but it hasn't been seen at all yet. You can punch people in battle (which typically destroys their head) but that's about it.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-26-2023 at 11:53 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 03:52 AM   #22
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

It is now on discount on steam and iw ill get it in5 days.
Old 12-28-2023, 03:54 AM   #23
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Started playing this yesterday. Wow. This is awesome in every conceivable way, and even ways I didn't consider. It's pretty satisfying going around blowing away punks with Robocop's hand cannon. But yeah, this is absolutely Robocop 2.5 and feels exactly like a "missing movie," with some pretty cool action.

Only possible complaint I have is that I wish it was possible to use Robocop's USB Wolverine claw in battle. I'm not too far into the game at the moment but it hasn't been seen at all yet. You can punch people in battle (which typically destroys their head) but that's about it.
Do you also play it on pc ?
Old 12-28-2023, 10:34 AM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Do you also play it on pc ?
No, on PS5.
Old 12-28-2023, 01:55 PM   #25
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
this is absolutely Robocop 2.5 and feels exactly like a "missing movie," with some pretty cool action.
That's awesome. That is how I felt about the quality and execution of the PS3-era Ghostbusters game.

Now I wish I had an opportunity to play this Robocop game, but I stopped buying systems at the PS4.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 01:58 PM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
That's awesome. That is how I felt about the quality and execution of the PS3-era Ghostbusters game.
Absolutely, this is totally like that in that way. Even better, I think, as you're actually playing as RoboCop and not just some nameless, mute rookie.

Quote:
Now I wish I had an opportunity to play this Robocop game, but I stopped buying systems at the PS4.
Which is a 10 year-old system at this point. Time to get back on the horse!
Old 12-28-2023, 02:02 PM   #27
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Which is a 10 year-old system at this point. Time to get back on the horse!
Bro, I've still got PS4 games here in the shrink wrap I've never opened. I was gung-ho and looking forward to the Sunken City for example, bought some version of it from Best Buy close to release day and I've still never played.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 07:15 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

Is this just a level based FPS? Any puzzles or is this just straightforward shooting?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 07:24 PM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is this just a level based FPS? Any puzzles or is this just straightforward shooting?
Sort of. Each "level" is a different part of the city. Within those, you have open roam, you can explore alleys and find sidequests and all kinds of stuff. In between these "levels" you travel back to the police precinct where there is usually other sidequests before another briefing, then it's off to another part of the city.

This is what it's like so far.
Old 01-13-2024, 06:42 AM   #30
PizzaPower
Foot Elite

I've been really enjoying it minus that first real boss battle, that was just poorly designed and some game breaking bugs that require a restart. I've been playing on PS5, the devs really put some love into this though despite the issues I have with it
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 02:00 PM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower View Post
I've been really enjoying it minus that first real boss battle, that was just poorly designed and some game breaking bugs that require a restart. I've been playing on PS5, the devs really put some love into this though despite the issues I have with it
What first boss battle? ED-209? The only bugs I've encountered are minor graphical ones, largely when the camera switches quickly between characters during story bits. And the sergeant was floating one time in the precinct. Definitely nothing game breaking, though.

Old 01-15-2024, 09:32 AM   #32
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

I haven't got a PS5 yet but I have a Steam Deck so I played Robocop: Rogue City on that instead, I enjoyed the game. Nearly finished playing Terminator: Resistance, the main campaign is done, think I'm nearly at the end of the Annihilation Line campaign. I love the side quest where you get the boombox for Ryan and it plays the 'Burning In The Third Degree' song on it
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote