Old 06-28-2019, 11:45 AM   #2901
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Off by a year! 2019!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 12:06 PM   #2902
ChosenOne
Banned

We're probably going to see another big gathering of criminals during City at War. Just my guess.

I sort of wish we'd get Hun vs Karai at some point, too. He could well try to take over the underworld once Splinter falls and she kills him for it. No way Casey and the Purple Dragons would bow to Karai's rule anyway.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 03:44 PM   #2903
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
We're probably going to see another big gathering of criminals during City at War. Just my guess.

I sort of wish we'd get Hun vs Karai at some point, too. He could well try to take over the underworld once Splinter falls and she kills him for it. No way Casey and the Purple Dragons would bow to Karai's rule anyway.
I was assuming it was a part of plotting out beyond #100. So #95 to #101 range.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 07:44 AM   #2904
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

First of all, thank you for your patience with me the past year, Bobby.
Spoiler:
I see that neither Splinter nor Leatherhead appeared in what's now the latest issue despite what I read of the synopsis.
As relieved as I am knowing that any darker turn over my favorite character won't happen quite yet, I am eager to see what reason Leatherhead may have to engage with Splinter, whether it's on adequate terms or not. Unless that was just LH looking from the sidelines? Either way, I am trying to hold onto a newfound hope.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:10 PM   #2905
neatoman
Emperor

So the recent devolpment with Jenny, was it a hard creative decision to make? I'd imagine it could end up a rather unpopular one.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:30 PM   #2906
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So the recent devolpment with Jenny, was it a hard creative decision to make? I'd imagine it could end up a rather unpopular one.
I would like to read about the creative process that came up with this twist in a meeting. Perhaps a passage in a near future letter column.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:52 PM   #2907
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
I wouldn't say so, no. Tom and Kevin have been very keen to do it for a while now and their enthusiasm overcame any concerns I had.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:48 AM   #2908
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
I wouldn't say so, no. Tom and Kevin have been very keen to do it for a while now and their enthusiasm overcame any concerns I had.
I know the reactions this could get, but is Jenny going to start using a certain name starting with a V? Interesting character reboot if that's the case.

(Edit) Ok, lesson learned, must remember to read all relevant threads before commenting.

Last edited by hypered1; 07-07-2019 at 07:06 AM.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:35 AM   #2909
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

No, Jennikia is just Jennika!
Old 07-08-2019, 10:20 AM   #2910
neatoman
Emperor

Is the name "Jennika" meant to be a reference to something? Because searching on Wikipedia only gives me ten articles, six of which are TMNT related and the most notable person that comes up in the other four is a Mrs. Universe winner who was named Jennika...
Hahahaha!
Old 07-08-2019, 10:55 AM   #2911
Igglet

Hello, are you able to tell us if Jennika is meant to become one of the main protagonists, one of the 4 (or, in that case, 5) TMNT? Or is she going to be a mutant turtle, but not a TMNT, if that makes sense? If so, how does it feel introducing someone new to this tried and true dynamic, with the massive challenge of finding something new to bring to the table? Does it make you guys as anxious as it makes us?
Old 07-08-2019, 12:20 PM   #2912
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Is the name "Jennika" meant to be a reference to something? Because searching on Wikipedia only gives me ten articles, six of which are TMNT related and the most notable person that comes up in the other four is a Mrs. Universe winner who was named Jennika...
Not to my knowledge, no. Just a name Tom liked if I recall correctly.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:25 PM   #2913
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Hello, are you able to tell us if Jennika is meant to become one of the main protagonists, one of the 4 (or, in that case, 5) TMNT? Or is she going to be a mutant turtle, but not a TMNT, if that makes sense? If so, how does it feel introducing someone new to this tried and true dynamic, with the massive challenge of finding something new to bring to the table? Does it make you guys as anxious as it makes us?
Answering this one way or another would point to where we're going in the story, so I can't really get into it. Sorry!

But it doesn't make me anxious. To me it's a story/character point the same as any other. Honestly there's stuff to come in City at War that is, to me, a bigger deal that i'm much more curious to see how folks will respond!
Old 07-08-2019, 01:44 PM   #2914
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Answering this one way or another would point to where we're going in the story, so I can't really get into it. Sorry!

But it doesn't make me anxious. To me it's a story/character point the same as any other. Honestly there's stuff to come in City at War that is, to me, a bigger deal that i'm much more curious to see how folks will respond!
No worries, I get that! I'm very curious to see what comes next, you've placed the bar really high with the Jennika reveal. Really excited for #96! Seeing as it's the end of the first part of City at War, I assume it'll be a big one.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:43 PM   #2915
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

(#95 was the end of "act 1"!)
Old 07-08-2019, 04:46 PM   #2916
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Close of Act 1? Oh lord here we go

Old 07-08-2019, 05:34 PM   #2917
neatoman
Emperor

So is Jennika going to remain taller than the turtles? It doesn't really make to me that she would shrink, all the other mutants grew in size.
Hahahaha!
Old 07-09-2019, 09:42 AM   #2918
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I mostly leave heights to the discretion of the artist and how they see a given character. I think an argument could be made that given the circumstances Jennika might not have got as much mutagen as say, Bebop and Rocksteady during their mutation, and as a result didn't change in the same way.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:51 AM   #2919
funatic
Mad Scientist

Forgive me if it’s been asked before but will you be keeping the numbering beyond 100? I’d love to see it keep going personally but understand that #1s sell. However, now that Walking Dead is done at 193 you have a nice number to beat.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:40 PM   #2920
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Forgive me if it’s been asked before but will you be keeping the numbering beyond 100? I’d love to see it keep going personally but understand that #1s sell. However, now that Walking Dead is done at 193 you have a nice number to beat.
I think it has been asked but I don't think I was able to give a concrete answer at the time but I can now:

The series will be continuing with the same numbering. No new #1.

This has me thinking... What are the current monthly books out that are past 100 issues with the same numbering? Spawn and Savage Dragon are the only ones springing to mind...

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz