The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: So... you like heavy metal? *awkward laugh*
The one that is called your mother wears the boots that are made for combat! 33 50.00%
Nice work; when we're done here, there's a marching band that needs a majorette. 12 18.18%
Face it guys, with this thing, I'm invincib-- *walks away to pick up remote* 6 9.09%
It sounds weird when he says it.... It sounds wierd when YOU say it... 15 22.73%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #161
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Clouds View Post
Maybe I just watch too much sci-fi and so I’m used to coming up with excuses as to why things work, but it doesn’t seem that hard theorize why the Kraang would not be so vulnerable.
That's not the problem. Why wouldn't the turtles think to at least try to injure the Kraang? I'm guessing it was a last-minute animation decision to have the Kraang crawl up on top rather than have it remotely take control of Metalhead. It just ended up making the turtles look like dufuses.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #162
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Or it's just a cartoon and you're not supposed to think that much about it.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #163
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Or it's just a cartoon and you're not supposed to think that much about it.
Or they cartoon artists were just dumbasses.... There's a difference between 'it's a cartoon, don't overthink it' and 'it's just plain DUMB and the animators/storyboarders messed up'.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #164
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior

Personally I'd call it a mix of both. I had the same thought while watching it of how stupid they were not to just attack the Kraang directly, but within a second's time I rationalized it as 'cartoon logic'. So it is a big hole in the logic, but not enough of one for me to call shenanigans on.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #165
Kevin G
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Let's find out which member of the creative staff the idiots run off this week!

Maybe something about Fred Wolf eating the script, vomiting it out and making the writer eat that.
One of the writer's from the 2012 show was in The Technodrome Forums ? Damn I need to come here more often.

I enjoyed the episode Metalhead very much. My favorite line

The Kraang "why do violence to The Kraang, when you should do voilence for The Kraang"
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #166
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Actually, I thought the line was, "The one who is doing violence to Kraang is the one who used to do violence for Kraang." Which means that they recognized their own android.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #167
Kevin G
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Actually, I thought the line was, "The one who is doing violence to Kraang is the one who used to do violence for Kraang." Which means that they recognized their own android.
Your probably right. I wasn't able to write down what The Kraang said as I posted my opinions on the episode.
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #168
shihe
Hench Mutant

This is a tad late, and I'm sure I'm not the only one with one sole issue with this episode.

Well, that bit about Donatello complaining about fighting alien technology with a stick...

It was funny and true, sure. But it would've been a bit more credible if he hadn't shown off his Naginata-expansion a couple of episodes ago, you know what I mean?

At least don't make it sound like bladed weapons have a slight higher advantage when going against alien tech if Donatello so happens to HAVE a bladed weapon extension now... right?

Well, that was my only issue with the episode (and so far, my only issue with the show as a whole )
Great episode, and Metalhead rules! It was only hillarious that Metalhead was such a (badass) shortie.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:51 AM   #169
bjaxx87
Foot Soldier

Leo: Let's keep moving. Failure is not an option.
Don: Actually, failure is always an option.
Raph: There's another option. Me slapping you.

Did anyone else think of the Mythbusters (Discovery Channel)? That phrase was popularized by Adam Savage and it seems plausible (no pun intended ^^) that Donnie may be a fan.

http://goodwriterbadwriter.com/2012/...ays-an-option/
bjaxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:00 PM   #170
Sumac
Banned

Good episode.
Actions scenes were awesome (as always). Though ending was a little bit rushed in my opinion.
Don's crush on April was cute.
So far series is good.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion