The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: You've become a monster both inside and out, Saki!
Dreams are more symbolic then literal 17 35.42%
You've lied to yourself so much that you believe an entire dream! 31 64.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2016, 09:00 AM   #81
TMNTInsighter
Banned

This was perhaps the second episode this season that played a lot like "Vengeance is Mine"--mostly concerning Karai's capture, entrapment, even her use of her snake form. Other than those things, "Broken Foot" in my opinion, was a near copy of it (it was even written by the same guy).
I can't wait to see what Rie Koga has in store for the season finale, she was that good for any directorial job let alone her first. She was even able to bring back those early shots and settings from seasons past (thanks to her work on the storyboards since Season 1) and the way she had the photos put on fire was reminiscent of "Tale of the Yokai".
I also have warmed up to not getting the direction from Splinter I thought would happen. I thought it'd be interesting to see him almost go down the same vengeful path as Shredder after "Earth's Last Stand" but I think he took that moment as proof for why he shouldn't go down this path. He wasn't perfect in "Tale of the Yokai" and has proven to be pretty resolute in keeping his current path in life. I can respect that.

From the synopsis for the next episode, it's pretty clear we'll be seeing Alopex & hearing Tiger Claw give another take on that backstory of his. I personally can't wait for this one.

Last edited by TMNTInsighter; 11-07-2016 at 09:42 AM.
TMNTInsighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:48 AM   #82
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Of course! As the leader of the most powerful organization i need a high end computer to communicate with as many as possible foot ninjas at any time and organize our operations against the turtles!

Here are more screenshots of me!
http://i64.tinypic.com/fz1zj5.png
http://i66.tinypic.com/12334ls.png
http://i63.tinypic.com/30xeyxv.png
Is one of the head spikes supposed to go through the cape collar, or is it just clipping through it (an animation error if you don't know what that means)? I can't really tell.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:32 AM   #83
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
First episode I've watched of Season 4.

Yeah, this show has died.

Like. That was BEYOND trash.

Gonna go rewatch Season 1 now.

Alright, now this is just blatant trolling. Calling this episode, "Beyond trash?"

This is pretty much proof you people have no idea what the hell you want.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:47 AM   #84
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTInsighter View Post

From the synopsis for the next episode, it's pretty clear we'll be seeing Alopex & hearing Tiger Claw give another take on that backstory of his. I personally can't wait for this one.
Don't get your hopes up, Alopex won't be in the next episode because Darkest Plight is the 2nd part to The Super Shredder so they are still focusing on Super Shredder and of course finding Splinter.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:51 AM   #85
DVD
Mad Scientist

Looking forward to this for a while.
I had about an hour to wait till I could watch it last night, so I watched both the classic and 2k3 "Return of Shredder" episodes.
All in all, a bunch of good viewing .

The Super Shredder design is well realized and comes over clearly in the show. And of course , the insane design is equally as realised in the mind of Shredder.
Great stuff.
And against all the action , there was the cartoon watching, on both sides.

Really enjoyed the episode , and that can't the end of Super Shredder......

Last edited by DVD; 11-07-2016 at 10:56 AM.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:12 AM   #86
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Don't get your hopes up, Alopex won't be in the next episode because Darkest Plight is the 2nd part to The Super Shredder so they are still focusing on Super Shredder and of course finding Splinter.
Then what else could be tracking them? They need to get to the Alopex vs. Tiger Claw bit now and that clip from NYCC may come into play next episode seeing as how the turtles, Karai, & April will be on the run.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:20 AM   #87
NikitaZhukov
Thug

Quote:
Then what else could be tracking them?
Shredder's henchmen? We saw Tiger Claw jumping from water tower to Leo in the trailer. Plus we know that the team got confronted by Bebop, Rocksteady and elite footbots in the very end of "The Super Shredder", so maybe they escaped but villains followed them.
NikitaZhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:28 AM   #88
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Then what else could be tracking them?
Super Shredder, Rocksteady, Bebop, Foot Elite bots, Fishface, Tiger Claw and Rahzar (if he's still alive).

If you look at the trailer there are some scenes that haven't happened yet and will be in this next episode.

Splinter and Super Shredder falling but Shredder lands on a ledge and Splinter keeps falling.

Splinter crawling along the floor or climbing.

Splinter and Leo talking about guiding his family and friends (I think this is a memory/flashback)

Splinter (with a tree in the background) saying Shredder is still alive (I think this is a meditation vision)

Super Shredder and Leo fighting in the streets (so obviously Shredder has managed to get back up to the surface)

April saving Karai, Raph riding Rocksteady and Tiger Claw flying.

Then there's the moment in the lair with the Turtles, April and Karai getting ready for battle and Casey has joined them.

Mikey and Donnie are wearing grappling gear and are the only ones wearing it so my guess they both are going to rescue Splinter (maybe one or 2 hench mutants go after them) while the others are fighting Shredder and the other hench mutants.

Quote:
They need to get to the Alopex vs. Tiger Claw bit now and that clip may come into play next episode seeing as how the turtles, Karai, & April will be on the run.
No they don't it's a completely different storyline and probably involve that Kavaxas.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:09 PM   #89
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaZhukov View Post
Shredder's henchmen? We saw Tiger Claw jumping from water tower to Leo in the trailer. Plus we know that the team got confronted by Bebop, Rocksteady and elite footbots in the very end of "The Super Shredder", so maybe they escaped but villains followed them.
B&R are right there at the end! I doubt any of the henchmen will be following the turtles w/o them knowing.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:12 PM   #90
2K3
Foot Soldier

I think Splinter will survive as I'm under the impression that he's gonna run in with the Rat King!

Main reason why; as it's the "City at War" arc they're adapting, Rat King played a pivotal in the original Mirage version. Plus at the time, Splinter's leg was injured (much like what Super Shredder did to Splinter's leg in the episode)!

Also, did Bradford just die; it looked like he went under the tracks!!!
2K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:20 PM   #91
neatoman
Emperor

So any high quality screencaps of Shredder's arm wiggling out? Let's talk more in depth about that, does anyone have an idea of where that's going?
Hahahaha!
Old 11-07-2016, 01:23 PM   #92
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

It was a good episode, Plenty of action, what are the chances that Shredder reverts back to normal in the 2nd part.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:31 PM   #93
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So any high quality screencaps of Shredder's arm wiggling out? Let's talk more in depth about that, does anyone have an idea of where that's going?
It was pointed out several times that the Mutagen was unstable. When the Shredder's arm started going all weird and wonky, Splinter also tells him the mutagen was screwing with his body and that he should calm him down and let them help him. To which Shredder says "I want nothing more from you!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
It was a good episode, Plenty of action, what are the chances that Shredder reverts back to normal in the 2nd part.
Slim, since they would need retromutagen to even revert him to a normal human. And Donnie said that his next batch of retromutagen wouldn't be available for weeks.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:40 PM   #94
TMNTInsighter
Banned

I'll be surprised if Vizioso's anti-mutant weapons don't come into play. I think it'd be a more interesting choice for the turtles to use them as part of their arsenal more than retro mutagen. I know they can use the weapons to stun him as they give him the retro mutagen (which would be the most likely outcome) but I'm beginning to feel that his humanity (or what was left of it) was something that he deserved to lose. He didn't even need it since he was as reclusive as any of the other mutants.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:47 PM   #95
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
It was pointed out several times that the Mutagen was unstable. When the Shredder's arm started going all weird and wonky, Splinter also tells him the mutagen was screwing with his body and that he should calm him down and let them help him. To which Shredder says "I want nothing more from you!"
Yeah, but what exactly is happening? Is he still mutating? Is he reverting back to human? Is the mutagen killing him?
Hahahaha!
Old 11-07-2016, 01:52 PM   #96
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Yeah, but what exactly is happening? Is he still mutating? Is he reverting back to human? Is the mutagen killing him?
It looks like the mutagen is making him bigger.

Old 11-07-2016, 02:05 PM   #97
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
It looks like the mutagen is making him bigger.
Shredzilla, Shred Kong, Shreddera, etc.
Hahahaha!
Old 11-07-2016, 03:16 PM   #98
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Woah. Quite good, was a little disappointed it wasn't a 2-parter. I like the angle of delving into Shredder's insanity.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:39 PM   #99
Penst0ck
Thug

Man, this brings me back to "The Gauntlet". Brutal blows and non stop plight.
Oh and is Rahzar dead now? The dude did get thrown under a train car.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:40 PM   #100
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You know what I mean...

In that case the entire thing is technically a [number of eps in series so far]-parter.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote