The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-27-2016, 08:25 PM   #21
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
that wouldbe a fun topic in and of itself. And we can't go by perceived, off screen skill either. We would have to judge wich version of the turtles are the best fighters based only on what we see ON Screen...and add in the level of seriousness each universe allows them to be as part of the equation.

PD.
IDW.
Nick.
2007 Movie
2K3 Series
Next Mutation.
Archie Adventures.
Movie Turtles.
FW Turtles.
Mirage Turtles
Is that just a list of all the turtles universes or are you really saying that the PD turtles are the best fighters and Mirage/FW are among the worst?

Besides their huge size and bulk, the PD turtles would probably be among the worse fighters since they learned Ninjitsu very unreliably and lost multiple times throughout their movie. Not to mention they constantly goof off while fighting in a way that not even the FW turtles do, atleast the latter (even FW Michelangelo) take the situation seriously when the time is appropriate.

Mirage and FW however, I'd say are among the best. I may not know too much about Mirage but based on what I've seen, they've gone through some pretty tough situations and won't hesitate to do some serious harm. The FW turtles on the other hand are not only skilled Fighters, shown to have been keep up with their Nick counterparts, but are unique in using the environment to their advantage, having 4th wall awareness and toonforce.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 11-27-2016 at 08:34 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 08:27 PM   #22
Vegita-San
Emperor

Yep, Just a list.

I think I got them all... at least as far as series goes. not counting video games and other offshoots.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 08:31 PM   #23
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Yep, Just a list.

I think I got them all... at least as far as series goes. not counting video games and other offshoots.
Which tmnt versions would you list as best to worst fighters?
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 08:33 PM   #24
Vegita-San
Emperor

deserves it's own topic.. don't want to derail this one.

assuming the topic hasn't been brouht up before.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 09:28 PM   #25
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Wrong. April defeated Shredder in TMNT 2014.

Who cares anyway.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:52 AM   #26
MarsicornYT
Foot Soldier

So far there have been 11 fights with at least one of the turtles fighting shredder so far (Up to Power inside her now).

I would have preferred more, or at least some of the fights being a bit longer (Enemy of my enemy, Casey jones vs the underworld and The legend of the Kuro Kabuto had very short Shredder vs turtle fight scenes.)
MarsicornYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:29 PM   #27
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

They cant defeat me because they are weak stupid mutant monsters!
Old 12-13-2016, 07:07 PM   #28
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

The writers paved the way towards Shredder's defeat at the hands of the turtles given how Splinter failed and nearly died beforehand. I just hope April's absurd psychic powers won't interfere with the Turtles' and Karai's much deserved victory.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 11:42 AM   #29
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
Nick Shredder is truly the most competent Shredder, aside from maybe Ch'rell and Tengu Shredder, one who required multiple versions of the Turtles plus Splinter, Karai, 80s Shredder and Krang, and one who required magical powers to beat. IDW Shredder is also competent, however he died at the hands of Splinter.

He died in the first issue of Mirage (though I think he came back, haven't read many Mirage stories).
He was defeated by the Turtles many times, and even then he was really incompetent, anyone could beat him.
Killed by Splinter in the first movie.
Killed by himself in the second movie.
Defeated by Venus in TNM.
Covered the first 2 4Kids Shredders already, but Cyber Shredder was defeated by Don and the Turtle X armour.
While Shredder was competent in IDW, it was Splinter who struck the final blow.

Nick Shredder, however, hasn't been defeated by a bunch of mutated. teenage turtles trained in the art of being a ninja. Shredder hasn't been properly defeated by anyone but his equal, Hamato Yoshi, who Shredder managed to actually kill (albeit not a fair fight, but still). If Shredder waited to heal properly with the mutagen, he would probably be a bit stronger than he used to be, but not to unstable Super Shredder proportions.

Note that my information might not be 100% accurate as it's been a while since I read/watched some incarnations.

EDIT: Powder beat me to it.
So how many points does one Shredder lose if they get beat by reporter non ninja Megan Fox April O'Neil?
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 12:00 PM   #30
Dust
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
So how many points does one Shredder lose if they get beat by reporter non ninja Megan Fox April O'Neil?
Every. Single. One.
Dust is offline   Reply With Quote