The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-03-2017, 01:18 PM   #21
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
They don't really hate him, the goal is to create tension, drama which I enjoy.
Yeah this and you get to see how emotional the turtles get, which we don't see much of in other versions.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:02 AM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Once Upon a Time Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
At the end of OT Splinter tells the Turtles he would no longer be their Sensei because he has come to respect them as equals.

He's also pretty much dead because of old age in "Once Upon a Time Machine".
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:54 PM   #23
TMNTInsighter
Banned

He simply ran out of saviors this time.
First it was Tang Shen all those years ago.
Then it was serpent Karai in "The Invasion".
AE was tragic because there was no Tang Shen or anyone like her to take the hit for him that time.
But then the Fugitoid saves him and subsequently everyone, and yet there's also no one like him 11 episodes after "Earth's Last Stand."
TMNTInsighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:06 PM   #24
Shellington
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Splinter will still be a presence in the Turtles lives, through their memories and their dreams.

No matter how we look at it, it's always going to end with the Turtles alone or growing up in some fashion.

Splinter has constantly advised his sons to rely on one another, to not let grudges divide them, to believe in the gifts they each possess. Because someday, he would be gone, and so will April and Casey and many of the other people they have come to know as friends and allies. So in the end, all the Turtles truly have is each other and that is the only thing they can depend on.

Splinter has also reminded the Turtles periodically over this season that they are coming to a point in their lives when they can no longer be children. Timeline wise the Turtles are nearly 18 if not actually hitting it. And they will be 19 next season.

Splinter being taken from them swiftly and brutally is the Universe giving them a swift kick in the tail to let them know that they need to become adults.

Nick can only have the Turtles be perpetual teenagers for so long, and eventually, it would have to decide if they have a continuation series that follows the Turtles into their twenties and beyond. Or if they would like to end it with the Turtles entering a new chapter of their lives. And this season does appear to end with the implied stirrings that a new chapter in the lives of the Turtles is beginning.
Great reading there.

But I do not think it's necessary to keep attacking the father figure as a means to push the Turtles into adulthood. There are better ways to handle that I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
This is a series where since his introduction it's been clear that there's one character's single-minded pursuit to kill Hamato Yoshi and would not stop until it has been accomplished...
The problem there IMO is that we don't really know what would happen AFTER that had been accomplished.

I think it's fair to say that Saki would not be satisfied and would go after Splinter's family and pick them off, with his "motive" being that his quarrel is with Yoshi's family and not just Yoshi himself. Which would be an interesting angle for a new season.

Instead, the show has to constantly focus on finding a means to bring back Splinter.
"And we're teenagers." Mikey, the Teenager
Shellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:17 PM   #25
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
He wasn't cremated, he was buried at the farmhouse.

I'll put the pics under spoilers.

Wait, where are people watching these episodes?!

Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:27 PM   #26
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danetello View Post
Wait, where are people watching these episodes?!
Somehow, Korea got an early airing back in December. The two part finale aired on December 31st, the 23rd and 24th episodes on... the 17th I think?

Not sure, but I think someone has the links to those episodes, but obviously no English dub is present right now.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:28 PM   #27
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

It doesn't bother me because his death has been hinted at before and now it has finally come to pass. I think it's pretty brave of them to do this and to have it be a permanent thing as a means to having the Turtles grow. Death is part of life and I like that the show is exploring this concept that you're not going to have your parents around forever no matter how much you want that to be and that's true for this show and the lives the Turtles lead. Needless to say, when this airs, it will be sad and I will definitely cry.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:33 PM   #28
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Death is part of life and I like that the show is exploring this concept that you're not going to have your parents around forever no matter how much you want that to be and that's true for this show and the lives the Turtles lead. Needless to say, when this airs, it will be sad and I will definitely cry.
Then again it kinda cheapens the messege if Splinter can contact them via spiritual communications
Old 01-21-2017, 07:44 PM   #29
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Then again it kinda cheapens the messege if Splinter can contact them via spiritual communications
Splinter Kenobi is more powerful in the force than in physical form.

Kavaxas purpose is probably to bring back Shredder but will lead to Splinter coming back again. Proving he has more lives than Goku to stir up drama.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:56 PM   #30
tmntsplinterfan1997
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Splinter Kenobi is more powerful in the force than in physical form.

Kavaxas purpose is probably to bring back Shredder but will lead to Splinter coming back again. Proving he has more lives than Goku to stir up drama.
Is that necessary? Splinter returning? How many lives does a rat have?

tmntsplinterfan1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:59 PM   #31
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

He could still communicate with them via the astral plane. My guess is that maybe the Turtles think that they can bring Splinter back via some ritual but it doesn't work.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:20 PM   #32
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
He could still communicate with them via the astral plane. My guess is that maybe the Turtles think that they can bring Splinter back via some ritual but it doesn't work.
Or the Turtles discover a means to resurrect him from the Dead and Splinter says he doesn't want it because he is at peace and is with his beloved wife again. Then tell his Children how proud he is of them and of what they have become since his passing and that he would be with them always in spirit.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:31 PM   #33
tmntsplinterfan1997
Foot Soldier

Either permanent or temporary. Who knows?

tmntsplinterfan1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:08 AM   #34
Vicky82
Emperor

I don't want to see Splinter get resurrected, he's dead and buried now so let him rest in peace.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:59 AM   #35
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I don't want to see Splinter get resurrected, he's dead and buried now so let him rest in peace.
Right, if they need Splinter's guidance they simply need to pause and remember something he had taught them while he was alive.

Or find a place where they can meditate and have Splinter appear as a hallucination of sorts such as that vision Leo has of him.

Without Splinter, Leo is forced to rely on his brothers. And I would not be surprised if there is a point where he is pushing them harder than he should because...well because he's scared. He is afraid they might not be strong enough to face the next enemy. He's afraid he could lose them too, and he's afraid he might not be competent enough to stand as head of the family in Splinter's sted.

And that could result in a fight, nearly losing someone, maybe bringing up issues from the past, emotional breakdowns, a general defeat. But they recover and come back stronger than ever.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:18 AM   #36
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, I definitely believe this will be toughest on Leo because of hte fact that he is now head of the family and must keep the others together. He will definitely push them harder and will probably be stressed about the fact that Splinter is no longer htere. Maybe he will try to meditate to reach him and do so to seek his guidance or seek a memory from the past to try and guide him. I kind of hope they recreate the scene from the first movie where Leo is meditating and sees Splinter. That would be so cool.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:19 PM   #37
cryan
Stone Warrior

I have been out of the loop. When did Splinter get killed? He survived the fall down the shaft and Donnie and Mikey found him. I agree I have not been keeping up on the series other things going on.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 07:10 PM   #38
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryan View Post
I have been out of the loop. When did Splinter get killed? He survived the fall down the shaft and Donnie and Mikey found him. I agree I have not been keeping up on the series other things going on.
The last four eps of season 4 haven’t aired yet. Korea has already gotten them, back in December. The show has been in hiatus since November, but February 4, it comes back. For these remaining eps, Splinter gets killed by Shredder…legit. I haven’t seen it, but it was mentioned that there was a funeral and everything for him.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 05:24 PM   #39
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

It's tomorrow that it will air in the U.S. so just stay tuned for it at 9/8c.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:02 PM   #40
superstaff
Mad Scientist

The only thing that feels off for me is that they rescued Splinter from certain doom in the s3 only to then kill him off in the following season finale. It just lessened the impact of his death a bit.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote