The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 10:34 PM   #101
Stone Warrior

I raise my eyebrow at April fighting the many Foot ninjas actually, I think that was a little too... weird. So her fighting Karai and getting away with it doesn't bug me as much as that one.

As for Leo, well, he is teh ninja master. I have to admit I was disappointed how short it was, but I guess fighting a ninja turtle isn't one of Karai's objectives.

So it's not about Karai being weak. As said the Foot Clan needs to get some tweaking in the action scenes, as they are...stunted, for lack of a better term (this is why I didn't like the "storming into the building scene" I felt like the Foot are these moving dummies the Turtles have to kick at, which always happens in all their incarnations, with or without the Shredder, which I hope that should change a bit in the movie). They're not even the solid antagonists in this movie, but you can see Munroe is trying to make them at least badass.

We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)

Last edited by Avatar Yuffie; 04-10-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:34 PM   #102
Revan
Han Shot First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
yeah, I like Karai too in the movie.At first I don't like her but after viewing several times, her accent and her style is sooo.....sophisticated.Beautiful and elegant. But I doubt her strength though

- When she threaten WInters with her sword, Winters merely push her sword away with no fear at all
Winters is immortal. Why should he fear anyone/anything?

Quote:
- Leonardo dodge her attacks. Really now, for a Foot Clan member like The Shredder, who beat the crap out of Leo and the turtles, Karai is a bit weak.
Leo has been training and perfecting his skills. In fact, the boys all look quite capable. Also, the movie is a loose adaptation so refering to previous movies is not a perfect science.

Quote:
- April manage to hold Karai's attack and finally giving a kick blow before running away. Oh, come on. She's a tv reporter all her life and just recently get into martial arts How can she beat up Karai? Or is it because Karai is *weak*?
Karai is a great ninja. My opinion, April got lucky. Had the spar lasted longer, I fear Karai would have scewered poor April.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:53 AM   #103
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I think you cleared things up for me Neutrino and I agree with your points about Winters and also Leo who have been training. I think I can live with April got lucky, well maybe.:p I want to see in the sequeal Karai kicks April's ass real hard! That oughta show her not to wear anything yellow and bright being a ninja lol. She can still wear yellow in my opinion but that suit in the movie doesn't fit in really. I kinda miss her yellow reporter outfit.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #104
Seiza
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie View Post
They're not even the solid antagonists in this movie, but you can see Munroe is trying to make them at least badass.
So true, the movie really gave your average Foot Ninja a more threatening and efficient feel. Something about the new design, Karai's limited orders (yet they know immediately what to do; gotta love how they fanned out just before the big skirmish), and probably in how they went up against the monsters too.

Quote:
As for Leo, well, he is teh ninja master. I have to admit I was disappointed how short it was, but I guess fighting a ninja turtle isn't one of Karai's objectives.
That, and their meeting was a horrible, terrible, downright evil and malicious tease. The first thing I thought of when watching that confrontation play out was, "SEQUEL. NOW." XD
Old 02-03-2021, 09:30 AM   #105
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Mistress View Post
I think it's safe to say at this point that most of us think this new movie pretty much rocks! The animation! The voice acting! All top notch! And I can't help but feel lucky and greatful that it turned out as well as it did.

I think this movie is a very important accomplishment not just for TMNT but in the bigger sense as well in a decade full of comic book movies and 80s nostalgia. TMNT will be considered up there with the X-Men and Spider-Man movies rather than the bottom with Hulk or Elecktra. !
2007 era drome was really something. I don't think TMNT was ever considered up there with X-men or Spiderman movies. Remember this is also 2007 when comic book movies were considered all awful and the only popular ones were Spiderman 1-2 and the first two X-men movies.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:00 AM   #106
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
2007 era drome was really something. I don't think TMNT was ever considered up there with X-men or Spiderman movies. Remember this is also 2007 when comic book movies were considered all awful and the only popular ones were Spiderman 1-2 and the first two X-men movies.
14 year old thread really? Stop necroposting you dork.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:07 AM   #107
Leo656
The Franchise

Hah. I don't know ANY of these people.

Nearly 15 years later, we can ascertain two things for sure:

1. People oversold the crap out of TMNT 2007, which in retrospect was merely "okay".

2. I wanna beat the crap out of the guy who didn't like the "Sin City" movie. Godless f*cking heathens.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Old 02-03-2021, 10:22 AM   #108
AquaParade
Banned

I can't remember what Peter Laird thought of it. Did he have any approval over the story?
Old 02-03-2021, 12:12 PM   #109
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I can't remember what Peter Laird thought of it. Did he have any approval over the story?
He was the executive producer so, yes, he approved the story.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:38 PM   #110
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
14 year old thread really? Stop necroposting you dork.
Not to mention making me see the thread title and think something interesting was happening. lol
Old 02-03-2021, 04:04 PM   #111
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Mistress View Post
I think it's safe to say at this point that most of us think this new movie pretty much rocks! The animation! The voice acting! All top notch! And I can't help but feel lucky and greatful that it turned out as well as it did. From the beginning Kevin has shown a dedication and true understanding of what makes the TMNT "work." And the result has been nothing short of a deserving shout of "cowabunga!"

I think this movie is a very important accomplishment not just for TMNT but in the bigger sense as well in a decade full of comic book movies and 80s nostalgia. TMNT will be considered up there with the X-Men and Spider-Man movies rather than the bottom with Hulk or Elecktra. As a fan of anything, you want to see it come out right on the big screen. But when it's a favorite, you worry that much more. I am scared to death to see what Transformers is going to be like on the big screen this summer (being the one franchise I have loved longer and more than TMNT.) But everything that Transformers seems to be doing wrong this year, I see TMNT doing right, movie wise anyway. (Though Transformers will have Peter Cullen which at least gurantees me seeing the film.)

I guess what I am trying to say is, in a year that has more movies that have me excited to see them more than any other year I can remember, I think I just saw the best movie of the year already on March 23rd, and it was TMNT. It's one thing to see a awesome movie from a franchise you like (Pirates, Spidey, Fantastic Four, Harry Potter), it's another to see a awesome movie from a franchise you LOVE like TMNT!
Had 2007 done well, perhaps Laird wouldn't have sold, we would've gotten 5 more seasons of 2k3 and the two new female turtles wouldn't be kissing each other right now.

#thedrome #certifiedturtlefied #gottakeepthemseparated
Closed Thread