The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 03-31-2021, 04:42 PM   #1
IMJ
Emperor

Baltimore will no longer prosecute drug possession, prostitution

Baltimore will no longer prosecute drug possession, prostitution and other low-level offenses

Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby says: "We leave behind the era of tough-on-crime prosecution and zero tolerance policing and no longer default to the status quo to criminalize mostly people of color for addiction."

So basically the Baltimore State's attorney is saying that people of color want lifestyles involving drugs, prostitution and other low level crimes. The Baltimore State's attorney is effectively saying that people of color want these things in their lives and that it should be okay.

Someone from the brain-trust here might argue that isn't her point, but it is most definitely her point because the simple fact is that if you don't f prostitutes and you don't have a life of drugs and you don't shoplift, then you wouldn't be criminalized for those things in the first place.

Liberals are racist. They are putting policies in place that make people think they are combating racism, but they are actually, quietly enabling these people to their deaths. It's actually a cleverly designed racist liberal policy meant to confuse the low information thinkers who believe someone is fighting on behalf of criminal behavior.

Good luck, guys!
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 05:38 PM   #2
Leo656
The Franchise

Disgusting.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 05:44 PM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

OK, I'm just going to clarify the logic here. Allegedly the drugs criminalised during the Nixon administration were so because hippies and black people were more likely to be in posession of these drugs. Allegedly this was done so they could shut down protests of the vietnam war and work out plea bargains. Allegedly these laws are being upheld because the police/government still thinks it is a good loophole to keep black people down when you can't establish Jim Crow laws. The argument is that minority groups are disproportionally targeted for these crimes because they only exist as a loophole.

Now yes, there are some obvious problems with this line of thinking. Such as the fact that many drugs (including pot) and prostitution are illegal all over the world, the argument essentially depends on the idea that the law only exists as a smokescreen for supression on a local level, when in reality there are similar laws in other countries with very different situations. Obviously pot can't just be illegal for the purpuses of supressing minority groups in the US if it's only fully legal in Canada, Uruguay, Georgia and South Africa. You really can't pretend some singular local factor is the only reason a law exists.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 05:51 PM   #4
Leo656
The Franchise

Junkie, crackhead, drugged out punk
Sleeping in the dirt and piss
Scheming of a better way
Sh*t out of luck, he needs his fix
Dirty, stinky, smelly bum
Rotten teeth and bleeding gums
Lying, crying "Always me"
Wanter of everything, everything free...

Why should I care, or shed a tear?
Life isn't fair, life isn't sweet...
Return to the dirt and piss where you sleep...
With Free Dirty Needles
And your rotten teeth... go!

Put it off, procrastinator
Jacking off, alley masturbation
Burden on society
Working to fulfill your only true need
Windshield washer, candy man
Garbage picker, counting cans
Bumming change from you and me
And claims he's the victim of society!

Free Dirty Needles!

Dirty like you...
Push hard to stick...
Pincushion prick...

Free Dirty Needles for you!

Old 03-31-2021, 07:56 PM   #5
AquaParade
Banned

I always thought prostitution and drug use should be legal. I guess I feel that ownership over one's body is more important than the pitfalls that come along with it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 08:37 PM   #6
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I always thought prostitution and drug use should be legal. I guess I feel that ownership over one's body is more important than the pitfalls that come along with it.
LOl, dude.
This is something similar to what I used to have to explain to people who were incarcerated.

Okay, it's not that drug use is illegal because they are trying to protect the drug users, man. Same with prostitution. LMAO! It's not that it's illegal so as to protect the people who might otherwise want to be prostitutes.

This **** is made to be illegal because it spills over into normally operating society and creates other crimes, damage to innocents, malbehaviour and rampant disease. It's illegal to protect society and it's development. C'mon man you were one of the few people here I never thought I'd have to explain that to. Leave that line of thinking for the defensive shallow end of liberal @$$wipes here who have no scope to their thoughts.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:46 PM   #7
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Shouldn't it depend on the drug, though? Marijuana, imo, should be legalized. It's terrible that people get so many years of incarceration just for possessing that. They're doing something similar here, but it's only for the legalization of marijuana and to stop filling up prisons for that type of offense and leave it for murderers and rapists and more dangerous offenses that are committed.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 08:47 PM   #8
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Death to liberalism and cultural Marxism.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 09:11 PM   #9
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Well, I'll add with this article in somewhatrelated news....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oregon-...n-measure-109/

Quote:
A nationwide push to relax drug laws took a significant step forward Tuesday as voters made Oregon the first state to decriminalize the possession of small amounts of street drugs such as cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine. Meanwhile, five more states legalized marijuana for adults.
The Oregon drug initiative will allow people arrested with small amounts of hard drugs to avoid going to trial, and possible jail time, by paying a $100 fine and attending an addiction recovery program. The treatment centers will be funded by revenues from legalized marijuana, which was approved in Oregon several years ago.

"Today's victory is a landmark declaration that the time has come to stop criminalizing people for drug use," said Kassandra Frederique, executive director of the Drug Policy Alliance, which backed the measure.

The proposal was endorsed by the Oregon Democratic Party, as well as some nurses and physician associations. The Oregon Republican Party had denounced the drug decriminalization measure as radical, and some prosecutors called it reckless.

Oregon voters also approved a measure making the state the first to legalize the therapeutic use of psychedelic mushrooms.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 09:16 PM   #10
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
Well, I'll add with this article in somewhatrelated news....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oregon-...n-measure-109/

Um...I have no words...I shall retire to my bubble now and go back to my murder mystery....the world is getting more and more mad. ><
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:38 AM   #11
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
It's terrible that people get so many years of incarceration just for possessing that
How many years? Do you know what you are talking about? Or is this just a response to the street level movement of Bull$#!( that is replete here on the Technodrome forum of fools opinions that are ruining our country? How many years for "just possessing"?

If there were a lot of years involved, I've got news for you - something else was involved too. And the offenders sure as hell won't tell you that. It's in their best interest to play down the truths of the system. It's the same thing with media.

So how many years just for possessing, ssjup81? We are turning into a society of idiots who prosecute law enforcement and believe the criminal. You've got to be out of your mind to believe those narratives. They are criminals supported by media outrage narratives. It's the jobs of both to spin you. That's what they do. You and most of the rest of the brain trust here have been spun, and you fell for it.

And to be clear, I'm not defending any bad cops that are out there - there are millions of cops, some are sure to be @$$holes. And I'm not really frowning on the guys who f'd up and do their time and get back to real life either. Not at all.

I think a lot of guys who have these apologist opinions though are f'n ignorant, naive, or basically spinning things in their best interests.

And I'll tell you liberal pancakes here on these forums something - those guys - a lot of these guys who don't care to follow the little laws, they know their f'n marks. They'd be much more down to Earth and real with a guy like me while they'd take many of the people here to town. They are smarter than us in many areas. And you don't even know it.

Last edited by IMJ; 04-01-2021 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-01-2021, 11:21 AM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Old news here in Seattle area. They removed any penalty for being in possession here a few months back. All you have to say is, "I had no idea who put these drugs in my coat/needle in my arm" and you go scott free.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 11:39 AM   #13
Prowler
Emperor

My country decriminalised drug consumption in 1999 or so. It was decided that the most effective way to tackle the heroin problems in Portugal was by not arresting everyone who shot up and treat the addicts as sick/ill people instead.

And, to be fair, that did improve things A LOT. My city in the 80s and 90s was more dangerous. I remember being a kid in the 90s and seeing junkies all over the place. Andd the heroin addicts would commit crimes more often, even stealing school kids money as they left school. We still have junkies, ofc, but not anywhere near as we had in the 80s and 90s. And current junkies seem less aggressive on average. Probably because they can now seek help and rehab and no longer have to hide the fact from the state that they're addicted to hard drugs.

I believe there's a limit of how much the amount of drugs someone can carry though. If it goes over a certain limit, it means the person in possession wants to sell them, and drug dealing is a criminal offence. Hence why the word decriminalised and not legalised. Two different things. I think someone who's caught taking drugs will still have to do some sort of community service and pay fines.

Basically, Portugal decided to just punish the dealers and help out the addicts.

Won't comment on the racial aspect of the news the OP shared or the prostitution aspect.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 11:41 AM   #14
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I am not sure, if desire to be a fleshlight and a ****toy for random men is illegal or not, but I'd prefer it to be illegal, so less women would consider that option as a carrier choice. Not in the least, because, people need to consider long-term damage for the psyche.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 11:43 AM   #15
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Prostitution is legal in some countries. Like the Netherlands, for example.
Old 04-01-2021, 11:48 AM   #16
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

July 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
My country decriminalised drug consumption in 1999 or so.
July 2001

https://www.businessinsider.com/what...16-3?r=US&IR=T
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 11:51 AM   #17
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Right. The law was approved/passed on 2001, but something like that started getting discussed around 1999. Laws take their time to pass/get approved, remember.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:12 PM   #18
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
LOl, dude.
This is something similar to what I used to have to explain to people who were incarcerated.

Okay, it's not that drug use is illegal because they are trying to protect the drug users, man. Same with prostitution. LMAO! It's not that it's illegal so as to protect the people who might otherwise want to be prostitutes.

This **** is made to be illegal because it spills over into normally operating society and creates other crimes, damage to innocents, malbehaviour and rampant disease. It's illegal to protect society and it's development. C'mon man you were one of the few people here I never thought I'd have to explain that to. Leave that line of thinking for the defensive shallow end of liberal @$$wipes here who have no scope to their thoughts.
Yep.

These... "people" create an inordinate amount of burden on society, and WE are ultimately the ones who pay for their mistakes. We pay taxes to pay for their rehab, almost 100% of robberies and violent crimes are drug-related... we as a society spend tons of time and money on cleaning up THEIR mess, and it's stupid. We should be gassing these people, not coddling them. They do nothing but make life miserable and difficult for decent and honest people.

Anybody who thinks junkies are "victims" didn't spend enough time around them. They're worthless. They've figured out how to go through life completely blameless, with no responsibilities, with nobody expecting a goddamn thing from them, because "Hey! They're 'sick'. You can't expect a 'sick' person to work, or hold down a job or pay bills, or take care of their kids and their family... HAVE YOU NO COMPASSION?"

For the record, I'm brimming over with compassion. For DECENT people. Not for crackheads and junkies. We ought'a be boiling those people in oil. They're NOT "sick", they just make bad choices. "I never knew I'd get ADDICTED to this stuff!" Yeah, sure. You're the ONE person who didn't know what smoking crack or sticking a needle in your arm would turn you into. Sure. They all know. They just don't give a sh*t. They know that they can just use their "disease" as a lifetime "get out of jail free" card. That's how they all act.

I do agree that there's better things we could be doing than wasting taxpayer money by locking them up. Again, boiling them in oil would be cheaper. AND it would make a helluva deterrent. Get rid of crackheads and junkies, and watch violent crime all but disappear overnight. Exterminating these types of "people" is the absolute best thing anyone could ever do for the good of the entire planet. We just don't. Because it's not "compassionate". Again, what about "compassion" for DECENT people?

The truth is, we coddle these people because secretly a ton of people just wish they could get high and get away with it without any "hassle". So they root for the junkies, because they want that free and "easy" blameless life. Except no, you don't get the right to do that, because your "fun" is ruining other peoples' lives, and that's very real. We're trained not to think about the REAL victims, and to feel sorry for these poor, unfortunate souls who "didn't know what they were getting into" or "aren't in any way responsible for their actions." It's disgusting. F*ck those people.

"Invisible, the child you abuse...
The people who die for the drugs that you use...
The wife that you batter, the husband you cheat...
The old and the dying, the now Obsolete..."
- GZR, "Invisible"

Old 04-01-2021, 11:16 PM   #19
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
We should be gassing these people, not coddling them.

Again, boiling them in oil would be cheaper. AND it would make a helluva deterrent. Get rid of crackheads and junkies, and watch violent crime all but disappear overnight. Exterminating these types of "people" is the absolute best thing anyone could ever do for the good of the entire planet.
I love your thinking. Perhaps we could join forces as allies in the movement to get rid of these undesirables, once and for all

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 04-01-2021 at 11:25 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:21 AM   #20
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I love your thinking. Perhaps we could join forces as allies in the movement to get rid of these undesirables, once and for all
We already have joined forces through what's called due process and prison.

And that process targets criminal behavior, not groups of people. The end.