The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2017, 08:09 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

And 9/11 was already 16 years ago

That's right, 16 years ago the World Trade Center went down due to two hijacked Boeing airplanes. I remember watching the towers collapse live on TV when I was a kid. I was only 10 years old at the time and two days away from starting 6th grade(yes, I started school on a Thursday that year).

Where were you on 9/11? I remember waking up around lunch time or so and the 2nd or 3rd thing I've heard after my mother told me to wake up was that airplanes had hit two skyscrapers called WTC... two buildings I had never heard off before. I was like "well that's an unfortunate accident". Then I think I saw the first tower collapse live on TV as I was eating and my brother yelling at my mother who was in the kitchen atm "the tower just fell!". It was pretty surreal to see a building fall live on TV. Also, I saw this live on Portuguese TV, so obviously they weren't as emotionally affected by the whole ordeal as I assume American TV broadcasts were. I remember the correspondent saying "the tower fell" and the other guy was like "Right... I guess the same is likely to happen to the other one as well?"

So yeah my family watched it on tv all day and I believe we watched a football/soccer game later that night as well. Liverpool vs. Boavista. 1-1 and Silva celebrating Boavista's goal in a rather goofy manner. If it had been today I bet the media would sh*t all over him

So yeah, I know my story isn't particularly interesting, so I assume you guys have mote interesting stories since most of you are American and some of you are from NYC here. If you don't mind, care to share?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mrmagaczaps