The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 05-06-2015, 10:33 AM   #141
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Man this thread went to crap pretty quickly.

Can't we get back to discussing the demon-possessed animatronic animals and child-killing serial killers?
Old 05-06-2015, 10:50 AM   #142
Amaranthus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I'm mad dumb. The dumbest. Dictionary definition of dumb.

But I don't threaten family members with weapons.
It'd be rude to threaten the people that push your wheelchair, anyway.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:04 AM   #143
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Child-killing Purple Man?

I just realized something...

This is a clever crossover with AKA Jessica Jones, isn't it? Make it happen, Marvel.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:52 PM   #144
mexichrist83
Hench Mutant

I don't understand how the release of the FNAF games is considered milking a cashcow. If you want to see an example of that look at what was done with Angry Birds. Those games were so overrated and the merchandising was ridiculously and embarrassingly bordering on Star Wars and Kiss levels. Sure, FNAF is getting a movie but the game has enough of an intriguing backstory that it could very well make a good movie if put in the right hands. The same can't be said about the Angry Birds movie. Is that even still getting made?

Do people consider the release of FNAF games milking a cashcow because of how fast each one was released? The FNAF games are definitely not game changers for video games but I think most people enjoy them for the mystery and unravelling of the story. Most fans of the game seem to be more interested in unlocking the secrets within the game and mini games and playing detective with the clues that are given about the story itself. I appreciate that these games give fan's just enough to get so involved and be creative enough to come up with so interesting theories about what really happened and how it all ties in to each other. I have not played the games but I read a lot about the game because I want to know the whole story too.

While the games are considered just cheap jump scares and they can be there is also a lot of atmosphere and tension building until the scare and that makes good horror. It's the creepiness of the situation, the visuals (what you see and don't see) and the sounds (what you hear and don't hear) that makes the game scary. The same can be attributed to some of the best horror movies as well.
mexichrist83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 02:25 AM   #145
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
I just don't enjoy the mass support for cashcow-milking.
Not a fan of video game franchises that spans several titles?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:57 PM   #146
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
I just don't enjoy the mass support for cashcow-milking.
I'm going to assume that you loathe the Mario series.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:34 AM   #147
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I'm going to assume that you loathe the Mario series.
This is a broken line of thinking and isn't even slightly relatable.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:10 PM   #148
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
This is a broken line of thinking and isn't even slightly relatable.
But it is constantly milked, is it not?
Old 05-13-2015, 06:22 PM   #149
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
But it is constantly milked, is it not?
No? You're talking about what amounts to the same game released 4 times in the span of a year VS a SERIES, spanning multiple genres and experienced, being released over the span of multiple years.

Mario being IN a game doesn't make it a Mario game. What you're implying is something people who generally don't know very much about games implies.

Assassin's Creed is milked. Call of Duty is milked. Annual sports franchises are milked. Five Nights at Freddy's is being (rightfully) milked.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:38 AM   #150
Amaranthus
Banned

Quote:
No? You're talking about what amounts to the same game released 4 times in the span of a year VS a SERIES, spanning multiple genres and experienced, being released over the span of multiple years.

Mario being IN a game doesn't make it a Mario game. What you're implying is something people who generally don't know very much about games implies.

Assassin's Creed is milked. Call of Duty is milked. Annual sports franchises are milked. Five Nights at Freddy's is being (rightfully) milked.
^ Nothing to add.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:45 PM   #151
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Finally worked up the courage to buy and play the game. I don't know why... it's just... I don't even want to see it on my desktop to be honest. I was even dreading DL-ing Steam cause I knew exactly what I was DL-ing it for.

But yeah, the game went from being scary and creepy to just being frustrating and pissing me off. I like the first one and the general concept of it. MAYBE I'll get 2... but not 3.. And probably not 4.

I don't know... I know for a series to survive, the story has to change and evolve and escalate.... but I just liked the idea of a seemingly innocent pizzeria where you get hired to work and only when it's too late you discover the buggers are out to get you. But purposely making it into a horror attraction kinda ruined it for me... and now they look flat out demonic in the 4th game? That's going far beyond seemingly innocent animatronics coming after you at a pizzeria after hours. It's just starting to get too out of left field for me.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 05:17 AM   #152
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:

I see what you mean, but no need to come across as confrontational, unless it wasn't your intention. Kind of hard to tell on the net.

I don't play many games, unless it's something that actually interests me...or something old. Most newer game series don't interest me much, such as Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, etc., but I know what they are.

I guess imo, though Mario's character is milked. He's been in everything.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:15 PM   #153
Coola Yagami
Overlord

No comments on Nightmare Chica?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 05-20-2015, 11:40 AM   #154
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

Boy are these animatronics nightmare fuel! Even the cupcake has teeth! I wonder why the words say "nightmare?"

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:31 PM   #155
Fang Wolf
Proud Swedish Furry

So Purple guy who is Spring Trap?
So it Purple guy's rotting corpse in Spring Trap or it's gone?

- Today when I play FNAF 3, Jumping heart next out of my chest as Spring trap came from nowhere. -
Fang Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:41 PM   #156
Coola Yagami
Overlord

So..... the Puppet sent the robots after you in the prequel. The robots themselves were possessed in the original. No comment on Springtrap. But when you take into account that the prequel was actually a re-opening of another resteraunt after the robots have been known for stuffing people into suits and cause it to close down.... so what the hell cause THOSE robots to kill people before the Purple Guy started killing kids?

And even without the killer robots into account, they were making employees wear suits that can screw up and stab 'em to death. The Fazzbear franchise has ALWAYS been ****ed up, even without the supernatural elements.

EDIT- Oh yeah... Nightmare Foxy is up.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:29 AM   #157
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I just came across this and it's kind of funny. ^^;

Luigi's Night at Freddy's. lol

I love how Luigi dealt with Foxy both times.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:26 PM   #158
sdp
Megan Fox = April

So...is this game (series?) actually worth it? I was always curious when I heard about it, this was before the second game came out. How is the gameplay? I don't care how much they've milked the game and if the sequels are the same as 1, if 1 is interesting I'm tempted to get it(them). I grew up going to ShowBiz Pizza so this game seems right up my alley, unless part of the fun of the game was being a part of the community when the games were coming out..
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:40 PM   #159
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by <TmNtRoX-1997> View Post
So...is this game (series?) actually worth it? I was always curious when I heard about it, this was before the second game came out. How is the gameplay? I don't care how much they've milked the game and if the sequels are the same as 1, if 1 is interesting I'm tempted to get it(them). I grew up going to ShowBiz Pizza so this game seems right up my alley, unless part of the fun of the game was being a part of the community when the games were coming out..
It's a fun game all on its own, though I will admit my experience was much more memorable when people were watching me, it's still a fun game to play alone. And I'd say they're worth it, the games are very cheap.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:36 PM   #160
Coola Yagami
Overlord

So.... random purple hat....?