The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 03-30-2018, 04:16 PM   #1
Vegita-San
Emperor

zelda Games

Finally getting too Link Between Worlds. I can't believe that game is 5 years old already. and I still havn't even TOUCHED phantom Hourglass.

Sigh.

And Skyward Sword I've still only just beat the first temple recently.

Zelda games are so much fun, but such a DAMN pain to play. Ifind I can't play it without a walkthrough, and as such, they take a while to get around too and beat. sigh.

although, if they where all as easy to figure out as between worlds has been so far..it'd be nicer....

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:25 PM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I've played and beaten Zelda 1, gotten not terribly far into Zelda 2 and gave up (but I've watched someone beat it), beaten Zelda: A Link to the Past at least twice, beaten Zelda: Link's Awakening, beat Ocarina of Time, started playing Majora's Mask but lost interest in it, dabbled a bit in the Oracle of Ages/Seasons games but lost interest, got pretty far into Zelda: Wink Waker but also lost interest in it, started playing Twilight Princess but lost interest in it, and finally started playing Skyward Sword and just kind of stopped playing it.

Haven't played any since.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:46 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Zelda games are so much fun, but such a DAMN pain to play. Ifind I can't play it without a walkthrough, and as such, they take a while to get around too and beat. sigh.

although, if they where all as easy to figure out as between worlds has been so far..it'd be nicer....
Zelda games are extremely easy to get into as Nintendo makes them accessible to kids of all ages. Assuming you're just talking about the main quest and not collecting all the Heart Pieces or every sidequest, there's no reason a fully grown adult man should be having trouble with them.

And most Zelda games at least pre-Breath of the Wild take only 20 hours to get through the main story. (again not counting if you want to collect everything). I don't see why it would "take too long to beat."
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 05:07 PM   #4
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I've played and beaten Zelda 1, gotten not terribly far into Zelda 2 and gave up (but I've watched someone beat it), beaten Zelda: A Link to the Past at least twice, beaten Zelda: Link's Awakening, beat Ocarina of Time, started playing Majora's Mask but lost interest in it, dabbled a bit in the Oracle of Ages/Seasons games but lost interest, got pretty far into Zelda: Wink Waker but also lost interest in it, started playing Twilight Princess but lost interest in it, and finally started playing Skyward Sword and just kind of stopped playing it.

Haven't played any since.
They are all pretty much the same game, but with newer skins each time. that's the one small problem with the zelda series.

I've beaten all of them except for the first gameboy DX game....Phantom Hourglass, the train one, Worlds, and Skyward.

I keep saying i'm going to stop playing these things cause they take so much time up and are basically all the same... but the gameplay is easy enough to get through them. it's just figuring out what to do that's annoying.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:53 PM   #5
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm actually working through Link Between Worlds right now, for the second time. Just got to Lorule Castle.

Breath of the Wild is my favorite for sure, if only because I enjoy having a lot of freedom to just do anything I want.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:01 PM   #6
Vegita-San
Emperor

I can't beleive Link Between Worlds.

Not only was I able to complete the dungeons with ZERO walk throughs (other than to check to see if I missed anything)....but I beat it in under 4 days.

Easiest Zelda game ever. No pointless side quests to detract from the action. easy to solve puzzles.

I wish MORE where like this. it was more like a zelda/mario game than a traditional zelda game. much more fun.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:12 PM   #7
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Did you do the maiamai sidequest?
Old 04-02-2018, 07:27 PM   #8
Vegita-San
Emperor

I got about 60 of them. I probably would have gotten all of them, but i didn't figure out how to get the ones off the walls until MUCH later in the game, and by then i didn't feel like going around and getting the rest.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:42 PM   #9
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I got all 100 pretty easily, save for some little frustrations.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:42 PM   #10
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I got all 100 pretty easily, save for some little frustrations.
I did find a cheap golden bee though. I thought i'd get a heart container out of it.

ugh

Old 04-02-2018, 07:50 PM   #11
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's worth it for bees that won't attack you. Makes them easier to catch for easy rupees too
Old 04-02-2018, 10:05 PM   #12
sdp
-

I'm not as big of a Zelda fan as I used to be and I was a big fan.

I've become a dirty casual who hasn't finished a zelda since OOT. I wasn't excited for Skyward Sword or any of the handheld Zelda's after the GBA. I did get excited for BOTW but I've only played it for like 2 hours, I hated the magnet puzzle so much and got bored.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:40 PM   #13
Vegita-San
Emperor

So, i moved the Wii u down stairs to the bigger tv. got the gamepad working again after a long drought. i'm starting skyward sword for a THIRD time.

just at the first dungeon. lets see if ican beat the whole thing this time around. can't believe the game is 7 years old already.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:20 PM   #14
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Skyward Sword is one of the modern games I haven't played. Mostly because we never got a Wii. We stopped at Game Cube, with Windwaker and Twilight Princess (though I've made exceptions for the DS games).

I have quite a bit of fondness for Windwaker, actually.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:18 PM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'll try the Switch Zelda when a Switch is cheaper than $300. I don't want to pay extra for portable technology I'm never going to use portably.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:18 AM   #16
Vegita-San
Emperor

Finally got up to the Earth Temple.

Farthest i've ever been in this game. if it follows standard zelda procedure, only 6 more temples after this.

Old 04-07-2018, 01:24 AM   #17
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Finally got up to the Earth Temple.

Farthest i've ever been in this game. if it follows standard zelda procedure, only 6 more temples after this.
Is that the latest one? Probably is, then. Most seem to regard it as a true remake of the original NES Zelda.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:35 PM   #18
Vegita-San
Emperor

so, seems i finally got the zelda bug in. a few days later and i'm finally almost halfway through skyward sword.

sure took long enough.

I JUST exited the thunderhead and am trying to get the stupid fun fun minigame down so I can get the heart piece from the air shop.

The third dungeon was amazingly well designed, but a royal pain in the ass to do. almost two hours....ugh.

Old 04-08-2018, 08:36 PM   #19
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Is that the latest one? Probably is, then. Most seem to regard it as a true remake of the original NES Zelda.
nope, skyward sword i'm on. all the way back from 2011.. god 7 years already.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:32 AM   #20
sdp
-

Not a proper Zelda game but I really want to get Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition. I skipped it on the Wii U because of the massive amount of DLC it had but now it's all in one package. To me it has the best designs for Link/Zelda/Impa/Ganon/new characters that the franchise has had in years not to mention all the fan service.

I've never owned a "warriors" game so I hope it doesn't become too repetitive.

Quote:
I'll try the Switch Zelda when a Switch is cheaper than $300. I don't want to pay extra for portable technology I'm never going to use portably.
I likely won't be taking my Switch outside my house anytime soon but it's so comfortable to play the game while laying on the couch or bed. I don't know why, I can have the TV in front of me and I just feel like playing it in portable mode.

Quote:
Breath of the Wild is the latest.

Maybe a remake as in that it doesn't tell you where to go and you're just dropped in the world and you can do what you want but that's about it. It's Nintendo's version of an open world.

I need to give it another shot, I played it for about an hour before getting bored because there was no real path and the first dungeon I found was annoying with its magnet puzzles.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote