The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-12-2018, 11:04 AM   #1
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

So, this was confirmed via E3.

I won't say much other than... wow. It's gonna be great now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xSc0MX1eE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB5hCIhXHtE

Spoiler:
Essentially, the whole roster and stages of the past are coming back together. Otherwise the only new fighters so far are the Inklings as speculated and the awaited debut of Ridley. Daisy also now joins as an Echo Fighter, the name for clones such as Luciana and Dark Pit.

Last edited by GoldMutant; 06-12-2018 at 11:12 AM.
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:06 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Spoiler:
Every fighter and stahe from the history of Smash is returning.

My reaction:

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:30 PM   #3
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

I'm really happy Daisy made it in even if she's an "Echo Fighter". As a longtime fan of the character it was disappointing how she seemingly kept getting overshadowed by Rosalina with 3D World and Smash 4. Maybe they can go full circle and release Super Mario 3D World with Daisy as a new character.

Glad Bomberman made it in...even if he's just an Assist Trophy
Old 06-12-2018, 02:34 PM   #4
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

This game alone has me wanting to buy a Ninentdo Switch now.

I was thinking of getting of a Wii U for Smash Bros. on that system, but hearing this, we all know its too good to pass up.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:37 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I see some people upset that it's just a port of the Wii U version with more characters.

Looks awesome to me. I'll buy it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:16 PM   #6
sdp
Megan Fox = April

It's different enough to be debated whether it's a port or not. I definitely think it doesn't have enough different but it's a lot more than I expected from a port as well so I'm not complaining. What I find funny is they're marketing "Every character EVA!!!" but I think only 4 were missing from Smash 4 on the Wii U to make a complete "every character ever" roster, so not as much work as they're trying to justify not having many new characters because of that. I'm guessing we'll get 2 more new characters and they'll be revealed later in two directs to keep the hype going.

If it really is "Ultimate" I'd want EVERY stage in there as well which they clearly didn't mention and implied it wouldn't be every stage based on their descriptions of stages and that's a shame. But at least I hope we get as many stages as we can get, at least I'm happy that my favorite stage from the N64 game is back (Saffron City, even if sans Pokemon).

Bomberman as an assist trophy was such a tease, but I"m hoping next game he'll make the roster.

Zero Suit Samus has been censored, her boobs are smaller and she doesn't have her perfect run two piece outfit.

I'm glad the Zelda characters are now all based on different games, that's refreshing.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:24 PM   #7
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Kinda disappointed that Zero is an assist trophy but Im happy the Castlevania people are getting some love
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 04:45 PM   #8
Allio
Foot Elite

I would love a game with either Agumon or Metabee, but I know it ain’t happening
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 07:08 PM   #9
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
I would love a game with either Agumon or Metabee, but I know it ain’t happening
I still think Agumon should replace Gon's fighting style in Tekken since they already have the rights and Digimon and Tekken have crossed over before.

Medarot is still pretty popular in Japan so there's a chance I guess eventually, but I think it wouldn't be before folks like Bomberman.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:54 PM   #10
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Bomberman got gypped out of Ultimate, pretty much every other fan favorite is in there except him if the leak is real (which the level of details in it to be fake would be insane).

Only character left I'd want in Smash is Captain N but I know his chances are literally 0%.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:02 PM   #11
Turo602
The King of Kings

I still think Captain Toad got snubbed. Poor guy has been putting in the work since the Galaxy games.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:35 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

The only real glaringly omitted character is Dixie Kong, she's more important than half the characters on the roster. The DK franchise has always been treated poorly in Smash till now anyway, maybe she'll get in via DLC.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 08:07 PM   #13
Allio
Foot Elite

My impossible wish will be forever be:

Agumon
Metabee
Amaterasu
Pyramid head
Sachiko
Old 10-27-2018, 10:34 PM   #14
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Sachiko

Old 10-27-2018, 11:29 PM   #15
Allio
Foot Elite

Sorry, Sachiko from Corpse Party. Could even have Heavenly Host as a stage and stuff
Old 10-30-2018, 02:43 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

Whelp, multiple insiders on ResetEra and other sites are saying the banner leak is fake, although some of the character on it did make it. It's also missing characters (one probably being Incineroar who they all say is in), and maybe one or two others. I figured Banjo was nothing but a pipedream.

The direct is on Nov. 1st, so we'll know the truth in 2 days. The backlash if some characters don't make it will be something though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 03:35 PM   #17
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Whelp, multiple insiders on ResetEra and other sites are saying the banner leak is fake, although some of the character on it did make it. It's also missing characters (one probably being Incineroar who they all say is in), and maybe one or two others. I figured Banjo was nothing but a pipedream.

The direct is on Nov. 1st, so we'll know the truth in 2 days. The backlash if some characters don't make it will be something though.
From what I have been hearing if this is fake someone needs a new life with how elaborate it is.

The source of leak apparently came from one of the marketing companies former employees.
I am 99% sure the leak is %100 real. As you said we will know in a couple days.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:57 AM   #18
Allio
Foot Elite

Final minutes. Grinch leak real or fake it doesn’t matter, I have come to terms a digimon will never appear

Edit: not gonna lie, Ken and Incenaroar are kind of disappointing I guess since everyone was saying them. I mean not even Shadow an easy echo. Guess I was expecting someone to blow me away.

Though not gonna deny, the free dlc almost makes up for it. It’s almost so absurd I can’t help but love it.

Last edited by Allio; 11-01-2018 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:02 AM   #19
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I was happy with the roster before this final reveal, I was ready for the leak to be fake, I was ready for incineroar, but I wasn't ready for JUST incineroar, so yeah I'm underwhelmed.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:38 AM   #20
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Time for me to eat crow

I am so freaking disappointed that Shadow is not playable....
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote