The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: So, what you think of the TV show's adaptation of the original comic??
Holee Shamolee, that's flippin awesome!!! 36 62.07%
Hmm...not bad... 9 15.52%
This was a plot from the comics? 3 5.17%
*blinks* Man, theyre Returning already?! 2 3.45%
*sings* Send in the clones... 8 13.79%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 01:26 PM   #81
Kali
Inactive Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Ill
You going on a trip or something? That sucks anyways..

I'll tell ya what happens.
I gotta be in my friend's wedding, but I got someone taping it for me. I'm so horrible, I considered telling her I couldn't just to stay home to watch this, but she's holding my $160 dress hostage...
Old 09-27-2003, 01:35 PM   #82
Taloniss
Mad Scientist

'Nother part that was great was the "thinking" lines. That little skit had me in tears.
Old 09-27-2003, 02:02 PM   #83
Eye of Sarnath
Mad Scientist

ARGH! I missed it! Does anyone have it?
Old 09-27-2003, 02:09 PM   #84
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior

I missed the first few minutes because it came on 2 hrs. early because of baseball or whatever it was. I couldn't help thinking of Hellboy when Hun did the "Aww, crud." thing.

Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary.
Old 09-27-2003, 02:11 PM   #85
Shellfox
Mad Scientist

Ok I wasn't paying real close attention, and haven't gotten to watching it closely yet but the glove thing is going to drive me nuts! I swear it was still made for human hands but when leo was holding it it was still built for human hands. So how the blazing SHELL is he going to get hie hand in it? Maybe they fixed the detail later, went they showed Leo in the glove in the preview last week I wan't paying that much attention to the detail, but if that thing isn't built for turtle hands I'm gunna be real ticked. When it first aired I forgave them and wrote it off as a necicary glitch, but by now I expected it to be fixed.

And this was ep 21 right? Cause Iscaned through the synopsis this morning and it didn't really fit the ep, where the shell did they face Baxter Stockman in a new form! show up in the ep? he had what 2 minutes od screen time tops and never said anything! Unless his new form is that "been beaten by hun" look he now sports, but I really dought it For some reason I think "baxter" needs to be replaced by clones
Old 09-27-2003, 02:12 PM   #86
Mondo J. Gecko
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye of Sarnath
ARGH! I missed it! Does anyone have it?
Not me..... sorry, but you missed one of the Best Episodes so far, I'm mean it was so awesome, you could feel like it was just like the Movies and Cartoons, Martial arts and Humor, The combo that made the Turtles famous!! It was great
Old 09-27-2003, 02:39 PM   #87
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

I forgot to tape it.....

Formally known as Scientific freak
Old 09-27-2003, 02:45 PM   #88
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

I had it being taped on two different VCR's just in case.

Truely awesome! Action, suspence, comedy, lots of ninjas, Shredder being helpless, Baxter ignoring Shredder, Hun's "Ah Crud", Mike's "Ah shell", Raph's intro (though a bit corny) "adult mutant ninja turtle", great homages to the comic, and to top it all off 2 video game references!

I'm acutally guessing that this three part arc will be covered in many many many levels in the new TMNT game. It may even be were the game ends.

I wonder about the Sword of Tengu's glove as well. How did the turtles use the glove before. I mean obviously it shouldn't fit. 3 fingers fitting into a five finger glove (I could see it work the other way though), and furthermore how do all five fingers bend with only 3 fingers bending?
Old 09-27-2003, 04:06 PM   #89
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

Hmm...I'm thinking maybe there's some sort of "Magic" in the glove. I simply adapts to the wearer's hand, whether with 5 digits or 3...
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 09-27-2003, 04:13 PM   #90
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Either that or they simply leave the middle and ring finger holes empty.

YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/Jephael
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jephael
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JeOughton

Sadly I no longer frequent this community, but please give it a shot. You never know who you might connect with. I will forever cherish the fond memories I have of the fandom as it was in its heyday. Peace and love to you all - Later, dudes!!!
Old 09-27-2003, 04:16 PM   #91
Aztec General
Mad Scientist

Wow, great episode. Can't wait for parts 2 and 3. Allusions to the comics:
1) Don using computer schematics to scope out the place
2) Don (and April here) disrupting communications and alarms
3) Shredder Clones
4) Battle Shell driving down the hallway into a room full of Foot (like in the comic where the TMNT and Zog drive down that hallway)
Old 09-27-2003, 04:19 PM   #92
TheShredder
Banned

I could just think of Shredder describeing his clones

Shredder: This is four armed man
Shredder: Lobster man
Hun: And who's that?
Shredder: I call him mini me!
Old 09-27-2003, 04:20 PM   #93
Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat King
Wow, great episode. Can't wait for parts 2 and 3. Allusions to the comics:
1) Don using computer schematics to scope out the place
2) Don (and April here) disrupting communications and alarms
3) Shredder Clones
4) Battle Shell driving down the hallway into a room full of Foot (like in the comic where the TMNT and Zog drive down that hallway)

Old 09-27-2003, 04:21 PM   #94
Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShredder
I could just think of Shredder describeing his clones

Shredder: This is four armed man
Shredder: Lobster man
Hun: And who's that?
Shredder: I call him mini me!
Mini Me....

Old 09-27-2003, 04:24 PM   #95
TheShredder
Banned

No wait it would be better if the others were called four armed me and lobster me.
Old 09-27-2003, 04:26 PM   #96
Cascadia

Old 09-27-2003, 04:28 PM   #97
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellfox
Ok I wasn't paying real close attention, and haven't gotten to watching it closely yet but the glove thing is going to drive me nuts! I swear it was still made for human hands but when leo was holding it it was still built for human hands. So how the blazing SHELL is he going to get hie hand in it? Maybe they fixed the detail later, went they showed Leo in the glove in the preview last week I wan't paying that much attention to the detail, but if that thing isn't built for turtle hands I'm gunna be real ticked. When it first aired I forgave them and wrote it off as a necicary glitch, but by now I expected it to be fixed.

And this was ep 21 right? Cause Iscaned through the synopsis this morning and it didn't really fit the ep, where the shell did they face Baxter Stockman in a new form! show up in the ep? he had what 2 minutes od screen time tops and never said anything! Unless his new form is that "been beaten by hun" look he now sports, but I really dought it For some reason I think "baxter" needs to be replaced by clones
Or maybe........its a cartoon and not everything is realistic and it doesnt matter.
Old 09-27-2003, 04:35 PM   #98
Mondo J. Gecko
Mad Scientist

Yeah guys I mean it just a Cartoon, cut them some slack, I mean look how good the story line was, who cares about a couple minor bloopers....
Old 09-27-2003, 04:37 PM   #99
TheShredder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellfox
You were looking at the old synopsis see the new one here. http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/...nopses/21.html Also check this out Looks like that vehicle wasn't just made for the cartoon. It's also kind of funny that this came from Return to New York Part 3 yet it's in part one of the cartoon and the Shredder clones as well!
Old 09-27-2003, 05:11 PM   #100
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

hmmm

this has got to be one of the best if not the best episode so far I am sure the next 2 will be even better...
did anyone else notice the music during the fight sceens was from like the last 2 or 3 seasons of the old cbs show...I am pretty sure it is if it isnt it sure sounded a hell of allot like it....
I still realy miss Zog though
and my lord those shredder clones they made that entire episode for me...
can't wait to see how there gonna get ride of those big and lil goones...
also I was taken by suprise they were peachy skin colored and not green but I actully like them better this way
this show is realy start to get good
I also went to my comic shop today and saw the new issue of previews they had a picture of one of the upcoming tmnt mirage books i think no.13 or 14
it had some wierd tree mutant on the cover....he looked realy cool
I am realy realy glad the tmnt are back
VM
Closed Thread