Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-17-2018, 01:19 PM   #81
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Can you clarify or given an example.

To each their own Aquaparade and that is what makes this franchise thrive. I want cartoon characters updated, expanded, and somewhat matured.
Specifically I was hoping we would get a adaptation of Shredder Strikes back/Leonardo Micro and City at War.

I think they are taking to much from the Fred Wolf series at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
The IDW comics doesn't need any influence. What it needs and has needed from the beginning is more originality!!!

The comic has always suffered from paying too many respects to former TMNT properties. Those interpretations are fine where they are, they don't need to be ransacked for ideas. The problem you get is then the comic itself lacks an identity because it's incorporating stuff like Bebop and Rocksteady or Krang when those belonged strictly to the FW iteration. The IDW comic has always needed more creativity to create its own identity so it can become 'the IDW comic'.
I do agree that they have to be original, but lately there original ideas have not been doing it for me like the Pantheon. I love Old Hob and Alopex, but as I said the new stuff recently hasn't been cutting it for me
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:50 PM   #82
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I do agree that they have to be original, but lately there original ideas have not been doing it for me like the Pantheon.
The Pantheon is not an IDW original idea. It was born out of Mirage's Tales of the TMNT, Vol. 2.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:00 PM   #83
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The Pantheon is not an IDW original idea. It was born out of Mirage's Tales of the TMNT, Vol. 2.
True but as far as I can tell, all the two incarnations of the group have in common is the Rat King.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:42 PM   #84
CyberCubed
Overlord

It was also only ever in that one issue. Mirage introduced concepts but then never really followed up on them.

Rat King being part of the Patheon is the only thing IDW kept. And in the Mirage-verse people disliked Rat King being supernatural, people liked it more than he was just some crazy homeless guy who lived with rats.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:54 PM   #85
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
And in the Mirage-verse people disliked Rat King being supernatural, people liked it more than he was just some crazy homeless guy who lived with rats.
I certainly don't recall anyone that disliked Rat King's story in City at War.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:04 PM   #86
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It was also only ever in that one issue. Mirage introduced concepts but then never really followed up on them.
Wouldn't that, in theory, make Mirage a goldmine of concepts to exploit? You could basically take just about anything build on it as you pleased, since they never went anywhere there are no real expectations for what should be done with them.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:06 PM   #87
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Cubed meant the supernatural rat avatar Pantheon stuff, in Tales #35 (I think it was)...
Old 08-17-2018, 08:12 PM   #88
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Wouldn't that, in theory, make Mirage a goldmine of concepts to exploit? You could basically take just about anything build on it as you pleased, since they never went anywhere there are no real expectations for what should be done with them.
That's what most series have done. Shredder/Baxter/Karai/Rat King/Utroms/Triceratons are all severely underused in Mirage. They basically have one or two major stories and then they pretty much do nothing or are in the background for the rest of the run. Leatherhead only slightly more due to Tales.

Savanti Romero was the only thing Mirage had in terms of a recurring villain who came back lots of times.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:59 AM   #89
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

I also believe that IDW artist should mirror the look of TMNT from Mirage. I feel like the Turtles look to young/childish I wish they looked older, more serious.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:53 AM   #90
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Specifically I was hoping we would get a adaptation of Shredder Strikes back/Leonardo Micro and City at War.*

I think they are taking to much from the Fred Wolf series at this point
I think bringinng the " Technodrome gang" character set into the comic gives that idea fo those who ars not fans because of the 1987 cartoon. Shredder is under a new model while the 1987 cartoon served merely as a,template for Krang (exiled warlord who builds the Techbodrome). Meanwhile Bebop and Rocksteady are most like thwir counteroadts they are deadly and on their own.

I dont see #10 of the Mirage Comic being adapted. We did see parallels in Leonardo#1. Heck, I even saw an aullusion to Secret of The Ooze.
Old 08-18-2018, 02:33 PM   #91
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

I’d really like to see some stories from Mirage used as sub plots in the IDW book. A ‘Sky Highway’ or ‘Hells Blacktop’ hypnosis/hallucination would make really interesting side stories used by the Rat King as methods to “break” each turtle. Maybe throw in some dream beavers
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 05:09 PM   #92
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
I think bringinng the " Technodrome gang" character set into the comic gives that idea fo those who ars not fans because of the 1987 cartoon. Shredder is under a new model while the 1987 cartoon served merely as a,template for Krang (exiled warlord who builds the Techbodrome). Meanwhile Bebop and Rocksteady are most like thwir counteroadts they are deadly and on their own.

I dont see #10 of the Mirage Comic being adapted. We did see parallels in Leonardo#1. Heck, I even saw an aullusion to Secret of The Ooze.
The funniest thing about that is Krang was never actually exiled until moments before he was killed.

But yeah, I was thinking about this myself, and I think the one thing from Mirage that might flow into IDW's current narrative is the menta-wave helmets that Honeycutt invented.

Not only were they hella cool, but for something so important to Honeycutt's story, they weren't really examined all that closely. With so much effort a huge military effort from two armies over Honeycutt...only for its next significant use being like it was the next big drug.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #93
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:

I do love what they did with Krang as well as Bebop and Rocksteady. I really enjoyed the Krang War arc and the Neutrinos as well. I just think they have gone to far with it at this point. I do not like the mutanimals and the more mutants they make the less unique the turtles are in there own book.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:24 PM   #94
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It seems like they got done adding mutants a long time ago; Seymour was probably the last one (and isn't even the "same" kind of mutant as the others)

Given the nature of the way mutants work, it makes sense that a bunch of people would be trying to make their own mutants once getting a hold of Krang's ooze...which all things considered, only happened because Krang was at Neutrino wrecking sh!t, leaving his island without his protection.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:57 PM   #95
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
It seems like they got done adding mutants a long time ago; Seymour was probably the last one (and isn't even the "same" kind of mutant as the others)

Given the nature of the way mutants work, it makes sense that a bunch of people would be trying to make their own mutants once getting a hold of Krang's ooze...which all things considered, only happened because Krang was at Neutrino wrecking sh!t, leaving his island without his protection.
Like I said I just don't care for the mutanimals and I wish Slash would have stayed a villain.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:20 PM   #96
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Like I said I just don't care for the mutanimals and I wish Slash would have stayed a villain.
Curious, how do you feel about Old Hob in particular?
Old 08-18-2018, 08:34 PM   #97
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Curious, how do you feel about Old Hob in particular?
As I said in previous post I love Old Hob and Alopex while I wish they both stayed villains I still enjoy them despite them both becoming allies or anti heroes.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:39 PM   #98
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
As I said in previous post I love Old Hob and Alopex while I wish they both stayed villains I still enjoy them despite them both becoming allies or anti heroes.
Oh, sorry, I missed that.

Yeah, Alopex was way better as an antagonist. Hate the cute fluffball approach.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:28 PM   #99
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toitlefan View Post
I’d really like to see some stories from Mirage used as sub plots in the IDW book. A ‘Sky Highway’ or ‘Hells Blacktop’ hypnosis/hallucination would make really interesting side stories used by the Rat King as methods to “break” each turtle. Maybe throw in some dream beavers
Those, too. (But I guess Speed Demon will have to be used instead of the Mutato Heads)

Seeing Robin and/or Sid added to expand on the families of characters would be interesting. Or even give Karai her daughter from Mirage, now called Miwa.

see here

Meeting Oroku Yoshi would also be interesting.

Last edited by miru; 08-22-2018 at 10:18 AM.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:07 AM   #100
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Cubed meant the supernatural rat avatar Pantheon stuff, in Tales #35 (I think it was)...
I get that. But Splinter was literally talking to the ghost of Rat King in the entirety of "City at War." Is that not supernatural af?