The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #21
Cipher
Foot Elite

Damn, man. At least I have the original issues. This isn't a deal breaker, but it is a shame. This is the best run of Turtles issues ever published, and it's rough to see them first exposed to a larger audience with anything other than a perfect presentation.

I'm guessing this is on Mirage's end and they didn't have ... what? Toned master copies or something? (Whatever the process is here.) It's too bad it wasn't caught earlier though, so they could have used complete scans.

I'm probably one of three fans who likes the colored editions though, so here's hoping they get to City at War down the road. Whatever the case, I hope IDW isn't discouraged from doing another stand-alone trade for this story arc at some point.

Last edited by Cipher; 04-13-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder if there's any chance of a new re-release.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #23
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

A few years ago Spain publishing (Norma Editorial) reprinted Vol.1 (with the remake of TMNT vol.1 #8 ). So, there was the same situation - some of the City at War issues was published without duoshade tones.

It was issues #49, #53, #54.
Demon-Alukard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:27 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Definitely count me out if there's no duoshade. I would guess that either the files sent were just the raw inks pre-duoshade or the duoshade degraded over time (it does) and vanished, but either way this should have been caught and either A) Mirage/Peter/Gary Richardson solicited for the "right" files, or B) Quality scans of the pages with duotones should have been done and used.

Very, very sad and sucks a huge amount of the wind out of the whole "City at War will finally be collected!" balloon.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:36 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder if there is enough complaints we could get IDW to re-release this with the correct duoshade version?

Given how many variants they put out of their collections already, and all the alternate covers....this collection re-released with a duoshade print shouldn't be out of the question.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #26
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wonder if there is enough complaints we could get IDW to re-release this with the correct duoshade version?

Given how many variants they put out of their collections already, and all the alternate covers....this collection re-released with a duoshade print shouldn't be out of the question.
My question is how many fans new to the mirage city at war are seeing this for the first time and getting the wrong impression. It seriously looks like an adult coloring book... If i didnt own my individual issues and this was my introduction, this would not be my favorite turtle comic story arc,

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:00 AM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Pretty much a great big "yikes!" on multiple levels. I'm not sure how this could have happened.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:18 AM   #28
Martin
Stone Warrior

I guess I'll be cancelling my order then. It's a shame since I was hoping for a complete set but this is kind of a deal breaker :S

I guess I'll just have to get the city at war standalone collection that IDW will eventually put out. Still, yikes. I'really dissapointed. Can somebody tell me what other issues were included in this book? So I know what else I'll be missing.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:40 AM   #29
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinf View Post
I guess I'll just have to get the city at war standalone collection that IDW will eventually put out.
As hypothetical as that already is, I'd be even more concerned about it if enough fans feel the way you do, or are turned off by the sans-duoshade art once they read it.

Hey, IDW guys, are you reading?
Old 04-14-2013, 03:36 AM   #30
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinf View Post
Can somebody tell me what other issues were included in this book? So I know what else I'll be missing.
The two Shades of Grey issues I believe.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:39 AM   #31
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Alukard View Post
A few years ago Spain publishing (Norma Editorial) reprinted Vol.1 (with the remake of TMNT vol.1 #8 ). So, there was the same situation - some of the City at War issues was published without duoshade tones.

It was issues #49, #53, #54.
I've got those, and it was really bad that they were missing the duoshade, but they're tiny, softcover, cheap trades. It was easier to overlook its many flaws (and they included the remake of issue 8).
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #32
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
All I know is that our files are what Nick got from Mirage.

That sounds sort of like I'm blaming Mirage. I'm not. But that's the origin of the files.
Any chance you could get someone to double-check your files for these kinds of errors before you go to print in the future? O_o I feel cheated.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

So is there any chance for a re-release?
Old 04-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #34
Jay $tarkiller
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Wow, this is disappointing. The duo shade is pretty important for these books.
pretty important is actually an understatement..Mirage Turtles bleed duo shade..no duo-shade is an absolute no-no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
Ah, that's not good, I had plans for buying the whole ultimate collection later, but this kinda dissapoints me...
Me too, buddy, me too. But I'm definitely not buying this crap The art simply looks kinda flat, withouth depth
Old 04-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

Is anyone going to try and contact IDW about this? Posting on forums they don't read isn't going to accomplish anything.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #36
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Is anyone going to try and contact IDW about this? Posting on forums they don't read isn't going to accomplish anything.
Back on the first page...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
All I know is that our files are what Nick got from Mirage.

That sounds sort of like I'm blaming Mirage. I'm not. But that's the origin of the files.

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

Can't they just scan the pages from the individual City at War issues though?
Old 04-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #38
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior

Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Damn, man. At least I have the original issues. This isn't a deal breaker, but it is a shame.
It is a deal breaker. I really don't see myself purchasing this collection, or the next one, if it isn't how it was originally presented.

Its a shame with how well IDW has handled the TMNT franchise in terms of new stuff, but the reprints of the old Mirage and Archie material just feel like they're handled with little care.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #40
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
It is a deal breaker.
Okay. For you.

But yeah, I hope whatever happens, even if a number of people don't buy this book, IDW still sees fit to return and do a stand-alone trade of this arc. It really needs to get into the hands of more people, review sites, etc.

Tags
mirage, reprint