The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-23-2018, 10:22 PM   #7401
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I watched Deadpool to prepare for when I rented Deadpool 2, which I watched yesterday.

Then I watched this set of movies.

The Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant Man
Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2
Spider-Man Homecoming
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther

Those were movies I watched the past few weeks to prepare for when I got to rent Avengers: Infinity War, which I actually ordered on demand earlier this week.

This is another set of movies I recently watched.

The Phantom Tollbooth
The Outsiders
Voltron: Fleet of Doom
Beavis and Butt-head Do America
Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie
The Crow: Salvation
Hendrix
Digimon: Digital Monsters - The Movie
Save the Last Dance
A Walk to Remember

I own all of those movies on DVD, and they all still don't have Blu-ray releases and probably won't at this point. The Outsiders does, but only the extended version. The one I listed is the theatrical cut, which I think should have been an option to watch on the extended cut release.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 02:34 PM   #7402
AquaParade
Banned

Now that Hereditary is available digitally, I've watched it twice. Seriously dark movie.
Horror is subjective though, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who will tell you their theater was laughing the whole time.

As for me, I don't think I've ever watched a movie that disturbing. Somehow, I was compelled to watch it again, and while it can't live up to the experience I had in the theater, where I went in completely blind and sat all by myself in a corner, it still held up well for me.

If you're into movies like the Exorcist or The Witch, you may be interested in this one.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:57 PM   #7403
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sister shared her Netflix so I was finally able to catch The BFG, after it never showing up on HBO or Starz.

Cute movie, one of those I know my dad would have liked as he'd have loved the personally of the giant (the 'friendly' one). Darn him for being gone.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:38 PM   #7404
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Scary Movie.

I've also seen Jumanji: welcome To The Jungle, along with Kong: Skull Island, and Rampage.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 01:10 PM   #7405
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That Trolls movie. It isn't often I'm tempted to quit on something, but this one had me threatening to turn it off if it did not hurry up and get going on an actual story. Fortunately, it did and become a bit more watchable, but talk about obnoxious in some spots. I know it's for kids, but eesh... Mostly what kept me watching until it got a bit better in terms of storyline was the weirdness of all the creatures in the woods or where ever that was supposed to take place. And a few elements actually a little surprising for a kid's movie.

Scullery maid Bridget was probably be best character, followed by Branch. But what the hell is Cooper, a Troll horse? I'm still confused about so much. Like the cloud guy... Just why.
Old 08-28-2018, 03:01 PM   #7406
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Lol, watch the OTHER Troll movie, from baxk in the 80's. Much more entertaining, lol!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:15 PM   #7407
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I'm just now figuring out how to use Plex and I can't believe I've gone this long without it. Wonderful app. Much more inclined to watch old movies that have been sitting around on my harddrive now.

Thinking i'm going to watch Firestarter tonight if I wrap early enough. Always wanted to check it out.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:32 PM   #7408
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Brother Bear 2. I knew of it, but don't think I ever came across that sequel before. Cute movie, if a bit predictable. But my god, frigging Rapunzel in a previous life, I could not stop hearing her in this movie's character, Mandy Moore apparently plays them just the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Lol, watch the OTHER Troll movie, from baxk in the 80's. Much more entertaining, lol!
lol I went poking around YouTube and landed on THIS... probably not what you meant lol (or is it?), but that first 10 min or so is something else. (Just me or does the baseball troll at around 23:00 kind of sound like Raphael? )
Old 09-03-2018, 04:38 PM   #7409
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I've seen Crazy Rich Asians twice and trust me this is a film that you won't want to miss.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:40 PM   #7410
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Brother Bear 2. I knew of it, but don't think I ever came across that sequel before. Cute movie, if a bit predictable. But my god, frigging Rapunzel in a previous life, I could not stop hearing her in this movie's character, Mandy Moore apparently plays them just the same.

lol I went poking around YouTube and landed on THIS... probably not what you meant lol (or is it?), but that first 10 min or so is something else. (Just me or does the baseball troll at around 23:00 kind of sound like Raphael? )

No, the movie I'm thinking of is just called "Troll", and it is a "horror" movie, in the vein of Goulies, Critters, and the like. One of those so bad it's good kind of things. Seriously cheesy, but fun because of that fact. You might get a few chuckles. The troll costume/effects are pretty standard for 80's horror schlock fests.

Here is a link to the first part of the film, which had some rather surprising names in it, like Sonny Bono, June Lockhart, and Julia Louis-Dreyfous(s?). It even had a sequel.....

https://youtu.be/cdYxeQN6lYo

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end

Last edited by MsMarvelDuckie; 09-03-2018 at 09:50 PM.
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 12:04 PM   #7411
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Last night I went to see Searching in theaters. I kept thinking that the case wouldn't be solved until the very end and I was right.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:08 AM   #7412
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Howl's Moving Castle.

A former friend mentioned the movie years ago, but last night was the first time that I actually got to watch it.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:41 AM   #7413
newfan
Mad Scientist

The House with a clock in it's walls, fairly entertaining.

Also, saw the 3rd TMNT movie for the first time about a week ago.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:12 AM   #7414
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Justice League.

And I was very pleasantly surprised, I enjoyed it quite a lot. And it had color! :O
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:05 PM   #7415
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The Shape of Water.

Strange movie... talk about a Beauty and the Beast scenario, but Beauty and the Beast actually seems a little more normal in comparison, sans hostage situation and Stockholm syndrome.

Supposedly this film won awards, so I was kind of disappointed that they never actually give you any reason (or the time necessary) to root for the strange pair to actually be a thing. So it's just weird when it happens; just why. As it is the fish guy stays way too primitive of mind and can't speak (beyond his weird fish man noises) other than picking up a tiny bit of sign language. Not really all that far off from getting it on with an early caveman really.

That slightly taboo subject of one of the Turtles dating a human woman just looks SO normal in comparison to this. At least those guys are cognitively human and might agree to put on a pair of pants before heading out to a movie date. At least with them it can be said that you still have some taste (and an open mind to look past the whole mutant thing)... but if you pine for a rather bestial creature of the black lagoon-type fish man.... yeah, you've got some issues. lol

Though there are theories that the mute girl who gets with him could be part fish person herself given her origins (that I apparently missed coming across it 10 min late).
Old 09-28-2018, 05:12 AM   #7416
Icebot
Foot Elite

TMNT 2014, it was my second time watching it.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:35 AM   #7417
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Terminator 2: Judgment Day. One of the best films ever. Still as good as I remembered it.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 06:23 AM   #7418
Tartaruhga Muhtante
Foot Soldier

Predator 2.

And after watch , I did search information about Raphael Adolini (the name in the pistol that the Greyback gived to Danny Glover)
Tartaruhga Muhtante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 04:30 PM   #7419
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

I saw Venom, it was fine. But if there's gonna be a sequel, it needs to be rated R.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:36 AM   #7420
The Green Ranger
Thug

I just saw Halloween 2018 on the 19th, which was also my bday. It was really well made, and badass.

Tags
movies