The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 10-14-2018, 10:52 PM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
I love the tags on this thread
I've always wondered who made them. Machias once scolded ToTheNines and C42 for making them... but neither user posts here anymore, so clearly they weren't the only ones making them.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:52 AM   #22
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Didn’t read the article but it seems like a small sample size.

I’m aware that PC is a thing but honestly I don’t think things are anymore pc than before...when exactly? Everything people get angry over has been happening forever. Now it just has a name.

There’s always been things that upset easily offended people. There’s always been feuds over politics. There’s always been people hating on stuff. There’s always been trolls trying to rile up others.

It seems like things are based on being PC but not really. Some is just promoted that way because of current events and some things are genuinely in bad taste. It depends on context.

I absolutely love PC principle from South Park. I know he’s meant to poke fun at hypersensitivity but I think of him the other way around. That he’s poking fun at those who are anti-pc by exaggerating it, the way people exaggerate the notion that things are too PC...so like making fun of the people in the survey.

I know it’s confusing. It’s hard explain.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:00 PM   #23
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
That is debatable. Sanity is relative. And when the vast majority keep doing the same things each and every day, but expect their situation to change, it's questionable if they are sane at all. "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting to get different results." Life ITSELF is an exercise in insanity, based on such a definition. So- yeah..... Reality is kind of a joke we play on ourselves.
I see Post-Modernism is still strong with you, my padavan.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:50 PM   #24
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post

I absolutely love PC principle from South Park. I know he’s meant to poke fun at hypersensitivity but I think of him the other way around. That he’s poking fun at those who are anti-pc by exaggerating it, the way people exaggerate the notion that things are too PC...so like making fun of the people in the survey.
The only thing South Park is good at anymore is taking stuff that's funny for one episode and running it into the ground over a season or several.

Case in point.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:59 PM   #25
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The only thing South Park is good at anymore is taking stuff that's funny for one episode and running it into the ground over a season or several.

Case in point.
I haven't watched South Park since like 2007, but I guess it happens to every show at some point. South Park feels like it has been going on forever just like The Simpsons, at this point .Eventually the writers just run out of ideas.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:46 PM   #26
Leo656
The Franchise

Some stuff is very funny but then they just go ON with it.

Like the other day with the "PC Babies don't even know why they're crying" bit. Ha. Ha ha. GET IT?!? DO YOU F*CKING GET IT?!?!?!?

Three f*cking seasons in a row of the same goddamn joke already. Every time I laugh at anything they do, I immediately regret it, because I know they're gonna be hitting me in the face with it for another year and a half.

But my wife loves the show, so. Y'know.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:48 PM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Some stuff is very funny but then they just go ON with it.

Like the other day with the "PC Babies don't even know why they're crying" bit. Ha. Ha ha. GET IT?!? DO YOU F*CKING GET IT?!?!?!?

Three f*cking seasons in a row of the same goddamn joke already. Every time I laugh at anything they do, I immediately regret it, because I know they're gonna be hitting me in the face with it for another year and a half.

But my wife loves the show, so. Y'know.
It could be worse. It could be coming home everyday to your wife watching nonstop "Rachel Maddow."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:54 PM   #28
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I haven't watched South Park since like 2007, but I guess it happens to every show at some point. South Park feels like it has been going on forever just like The Simpsons, at this point .Eventually the writers just run out of ideas.
That's weird though since usually they're so quick to make an episode based on whatever the hot button issue is currently. Have they bashed Trump yet?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:55 PM   #29
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
That's weird though since usually they're so quick to make an episode based on whatever the hot button issue is currently. Have they bashed Trump yet?
No idea, but they probably have at some point. Perhaps even long before he was president.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:04 PM   #30
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
No idea, but they probably have at some point. Perhaps even long before he was president.
Slightly unrelated topic but I find it odd how the adult comedy cartoons either took shots or had cameos of Clinton and Bush Jr, but slammed the brakes when it came to Obama and Trump. Like geez, Clinton was even in the Animaniacs theme song. I can imagine with Trump it's to avoid a shitstorm from all the snowflakes as well as more tweets from the Cheetoh in Office, but how did Obama escaped unscathed? The only time I remember seeing him was in an episode of Rick and Morty.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 10-15-2018, 05:16 PM   #31
Leo656
The Franchise

Mr. Garrison is the Trump stand-in. He won the election and they've been beating that into the ground, too; his blanket policy on everything, of course, being "F*ck 'Em All To Death." Jenner's like his top aide or something, and keeps running people over every time they get in a car together.

GET IT. Ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It could be worse. It could be coming home everyday to your wife watching nonstop "Rachel Maddow."
Yeah, instead it's her goddamn father, glued to that sh*t. So I get the privilege of hearing it every night while I'm cooking.

She is a smug-ass giraffe, I tell ya.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:29 PM   #32
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Mr. Garrison is the Trump stand-in. He won the election and they've been beating that into the ground, too; his blanket policy on everything, of course, being "F*ck 'Em All To Death." Jenner's like his top aide or something, and keeps running people over every time they get in a car together.

GET IT. Ha.

Yeah, instead it's her goddamn father, glued to that sh*t. So I get the privilege of hearing it every night while I'm cooking.

She is a smug-ass giraffe, I tell ya.
Ha, but you see, that's still a stand-in. Did PC culture or something have something to do with the fact that once Obama got into office, The Simpsons, Family Guy and whoever else stopped featuring the president in the shows? Cameos or otherwise?

Old 10-15-2018, 06:21 PM   #33
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I see Post-Modernism is still strong with you, my padavan.

Padawan. Haha, that's cute. Probably been observing the grim and often humorous vagaries of reality since before you were born, my little dove. Actually, given our respective ages, I should call YOU Padawan. But then, you're not really Jedi material, are you. Better luck next life, meantime, just keep hoping for those mind powers to click in.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:23 AM   #34
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Ha, but you see, that's still a stand-in. Did PC culture or something have something to do with the fact that once Obama got into office, The Simpsons, Family Guy and whoever else stopped featuring the president in the shows? Cameos or otherwise?
There is no way South Park made Mr. Garrison a stand in to be PC. They never shy away from anything.

I think Mr. Garrison just took on the role because he’s often an obnoxious character. The season before the Presidential election he was portrayed as being racist and kept yelling “Where my country gone?”. Guess they figured they’d just use him.

@ Leo656, I thought the PC babies were great. I noticed the girls had pink sunglasses and the boys had blue and thought...This should upset PC principle because it’s a stereotype of color association.

He had already complained that they should not be called boys and girls because it was too early to assign them a gender
Old 10-16-2018, 10:45 AM   #35
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I come home every day to my parents watching/listening to non-stop Rachel Maddow and Rush Limbaugh. It's fun living a politically divided household.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:38 AM   #36
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
I come home every day to my parents watching/listening to non-stop Rachel Maddow and Rush Limbaugh. It's fun living a politically divided household.
On either side, it's like people are addicted to anger and "outrage".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:44 PM   #37
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yeah, I question their claim that "a full 80 percent" think it's a problem.

So tired about all the PC whining. And I mean a lot of that including the childish anti-PC nonsense. Ultimately, political correctness should simply be about having some flipping manners and consideration for others. Not "Wah wah, I can't call someone the N-word because PC!" when you have zero reason or need to even include that word in your vocabulary. Making it really just a severe immaturity with the whole "can't tell me what to do" stupidness. Don't want to have any consideration for your fellow humans and citizens... then go live in the woods and leave everyone else alone.

Do wish they'd have offered some explanation for each of their categories.

Do any guys ever consider that maybe it's not done for them? Women are allowed to want this... (I just wish more women were behind writing it.)
That is one MIGHTY fine leap.
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:20 AM   #38
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
That is one MIGHTY fine leap.
It's a favorite dish of the lefties - equal everything to racism and sexism, so their opponents couldn't say anything without coming as supporters of racism and sexism.

False equivalence - is Modus Operandi of all ideologies, especially those that believe in their moral superiority.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:50 PM   #39
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
On either side, it's like people are addicted to anger and "outrage".
you got that right holy cow!

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cuckadoodle doo, sjw indoctrination, sjw is coming, why trump won