The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-04-2019, 11:39 AM   #8441
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, pretty much, I have/had one of each. My dad definitely thought the people on tv (mostly football) could hear him. Spent most of my life putting up with him yelling it. And he was an Eagles fan, so yeah... everyone knows how passionate that lot tend to be about it. lol

Too bad they sucked for so long (thus putting up with lots of yelling forever) and they didn't get good until after he had passed. At least it would have been better for once listening to him yell at that Superbowl game.

edit: Grr. So did the Firefox Classic Theme Restorer plugin just die for all versions or only the antiquated ESR (aka version 52 and last supporting for XP)? Annoyed... It's been fine and seeing as how I don't get updates anymore it's stupid for this to just up and be taken away. Really hate the layout they left it with, moving junk that didn't need to be moved.

Next day edit: Btw, if anyone else is using an older version and had add-ons disabled against their will, this worked great for me to get mine back. Is said to work for version 56 and older. (Though one user said it worked on 66 for them.) https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/com...or_5602_older/

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-05-2019 at 10:22 AM.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:58 PM   #8442
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Found out today that one of my (once) favorite YouTubers has been revealed to have been cheating on his Wife for the past few Months, AND has been soliciting Nude photos with Underage girls

I really liked his videos, but now I'm not so much annoyed at him doing that, but more annoyed and disgusted at how ANYONE can do that
Old 05-11-2019, 02:36 PM   #8443
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
While working I was stuck listening to this woman drone on and on and on for way too long, never silent for even a moment... and then by the time I got around to closer where she was I could hear that the constant talk was nothing but complaining, moaning and groaning over everything and anything while she was shopping.
Nooooo, she came back! I know it had to be her. This lady, I swear... good grief.

Bad enough work was busy and frustrating since it's the day before a holiday so I had to work on a Saturday and people were under foot and in the way of doing my job constantly.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:36 PM   #8444
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

I remember when our dog died , he was trying to get on his feet but couldnt.......like he was swimming on the floor. Couldnt control his bladder either , bad hearing and his eye vision prolly not the best either.......I hope he went to "doggie heaven" (to quote a boy in my moms Kindergarten)
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:59 PM   #8445
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Princess Martha of Norway is dating a shaman who claims he can heal cancer or similar , to me hes not better than say scientologists : its all about $$$
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:46 PM   #8446
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The Sh!t Year for losing cats takes another victim as our just two year old rescue was discovered to have hips so degenerated and arthritic that any procedure to make him more comfortable would be extremely expensive and short lived. Meanwhile he’s been in horrible pain probably his whole life on top of an autoimmune disease that re-surged in him a lot. He chewed on baskets and knocked over water with reckless abandon, and it was probably because of the amount of pain he was in - needing some kind of outlet.
So we all determined it would be much kinder to let him go rather than let it drag on and prolong his suffering.
He basically had no hip socket at all and the ball joint wasn’t smooth. So his bones were rubbing together. And his left knee had arthritis. Really, really bad arthritis.

We’ve never had to make a split second decision this fast before. We didn’t expect the situation to be this bad.

So, Leo, bruh, wish we lived close enough for "My Cat Died Recently" drinks
Old 05-15-2019, 10:59 PM   #8447
Leo656
The Franchise

Really sorry to hear that. Sincerely awful.

Not to change the subject, but it's what's happening now... so yeah, I really should NOT have to explain to my f*cking wife not to share vivid and personal details of our sex life with random Facebook jagoffs who she's never even met, and yet here we f*cking ARE!

And did you guess that she's mad at ME for being upset about it, rather than just saying, "Oh, yeah, wow, massive violation of trust, I should've known better, I'm so, SO sorry"? If so, CONGRATU-F*CKING-LATIONS!

Right before our anniversary, too. I need this sh*t like a hole in the f*cking head.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:26 PM   #8448
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

If there was anything great that happened today, it was that the "anorexic" cat I'm "fostering" (we're probably going to end up stuck with her - and with Foursie gone, that's a greater possibility) actually ate a good bit of food today.

So...needing to find more kitten food that's got a bit of a stank to it.

(One grind with my cats that's pretty much my fault is that my bedding keeps getting peed on. It's my fault for leaving tiny kittens alone on my bed while I leave the room to get hot water ready for their bottles, but the amount of washing I've done for all parts of my bedding is...more than I'd like. It's not their fault they're too tiny for the litter box.)

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 05-15-2019 at 11:33 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:41 AM   #8449
Leo656
The Franchise

Went for a two-hour walk, in the pissing rain, because if I stayed in the house and said what I felt like saying, I'd be in jail right now.

Come home. "Where were you?" "Out for a walk." "You mean you went somewhere to go cheat on me, right?"

I told her point blank, "If I had the capacity and the means to cheat on you, I'd be there and not here dealing with YOUR f*cking sh*t." She didn't really have an answer for that one.
---------------------

True Story: Once upon a time, I took pity on a girl who everyone called names and picked on, who was so miserable that she wanted to kill herself. I was, allegedly, the very first person to actually treat her nicely. I really didn't like the way people treated her, so I did what I thought was right and things escalated from there.

19 years later, I wish I could go back in time and kick my own ass for ever feeling sorry for her. Apologies to everyone who thinks they've been "bullied" and "mistreated", but in my experience, if damn near everyone you meet hates you, you deserve it. One way or another, you earned that kind of treatment. It don't happen any other way. You're just a Bad Person playing victim because people see through your bullsh*t.

Wish I knew then what I know now. I would have told her to go play in traffic, and my entire life would be different.

Sigh. This is the price one pays for trying to be noble.

Stay single, kids.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 02:45 PM   #8450
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Imma hit the twerp(s) who thinks it's cool to post mass amounts of spoiling screen caps from the TMNT/Batman movie to Devientart as if this isn't a new thing many people still haven't seen yet because the damn disks are not even released. One can avoid accidentally seeing only so much.

Really makes me hate that companies decide to release digital versions this far in advance of the hard copy. Ugh.

God forbid I just like seeing what new art has been posted to the site; worse than all the BS that comes up that has nothing to do with the Turtles but is apparently still tagged with them nonetheless.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-20-2019 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:08 PM   #8451
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
My gear grind is hospital visits. (Apologies to those in DF if you've already seen this) Called in to work last night, due to having spent the weekend with a bad case of Montezuma's revenge. So today I spent most of my morning and afternoon (until around 3) at the er getting checked out to see what was wrong. GI bug, which I kind of already suspected. Took blood, urine, gave me an IV (those darn needles HURT!) and then had me drink something to get my potassium back up. Stuff tastes like Tang that was made too strong. The room was cold, so was the IV fliud going in (they really need to warm that crap up first), my arm fell asleep since I couldn't use it with the IV in it, and the tv remote didn't work, so I was stuck in an empty, cold room for almost two hours with just my phone, but since I could only use one hand, I couldn't really do anything on it except play my Amazon music. Did I mention how much I hate the er? Grrr....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:45 AM   #8452
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Robo-calling scamming "Lauren Von Gundy" needs to go to hell.

Been calling most days of the week for a year or more and leaving that stupid message. Have added it to the block list twice (and a third time now), but after a brief period of silence it must change its number and just goes right back to calling.
Old 05-27-2019, 01:14 PM   #8453
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Today's grind- the fact that I can look forward to going home to a hoise that smells of burnt plastic, and an oven that requires a thorough scrape/scrubbing.

Fun story- yesterday, as some may know, was our weekly game day. In preparation for that, hubby put his plastic bowl of candy for emergencies (ie, low blood sugar) and a big bag of the snack-packs of chips in the oven to hide them from the vacume maws of our group. After everyone left, (about six hours later) he went to preheat the oven to make dinner. You can probably guess what happened next. He had forgotten to take the chips and the candy bowl out. It melted, and not only smoked out our entire apartment, but nearly started a fire in the oven!

We had to herd the cats outside to avoid them passing out from smoke inhalation, the smoke detector went off repeatedly, and we had to open all windws, doors, and turn on the fans (plus a borrowed box fan) to clear it out. The bowl and everything else in the oven were a complete loss. Melted plastic, chocolate, and blackened chips all turned into slagheaps inside the oven, stuck to the sides, the rack, the heating element, and the entire botom of the oven. Ugh, what a mess! And it still stinks like burnt plastic. But the worst part, perhaps, was the fact that dinner never even made it into the oven, which I spent over an hour and a half cleaning the wprst of the mess out of. It still needs more cleaning, which he plans to do tomorrow. But

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 05:57 PM   #8454
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Ah geez, that's a terrible disaster!

I mean...something that can at least be laughed about in a few months time, but still.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:42 PM   #8455
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The hell was that...

I've been annoyed that the weather forecast keeps suggesting possible thunderstorms for days now and they never materialize. Now we FINALLY get one, and part of that system that has been really bad to some states... and yeah, I dunno what happened. Down bust, micro burst, straight line winds... whatever it was it was kinda scary and full of hail. Looking outside you'd have thought it was a hurricane; total white out.

We weren't sure if a tornado was trying to happen or what, but there was no "train" heard. But whatever it was it was angry and on the back side of a storm.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:21 PM   #8456
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Dear self who existed in May 28th... don't worry, you'll hear that train sound the next day.

So this "grind" is a day late, because we lost power yesterday that was not permanently restored until after 2am. (And since it had been in the upper 80s that made for a nice miserable, muggy night for everyone around here.)

Were it not just bad luck and coincidence, I'd have thought my area had pissed off Mother Nature. For a second day in a row we were, well, to put it bluntly, basically b*tch slapped by the weather. What little local damage there was nearby Tues. was probably at least tippled yesterday. (Largely tree damage.) It's oddly a relatively narrow area in which this happened... again.

I'm not sure what this one, yesterday, was though. Tuesday's I assume was a down burst or whatever. Maybe there was a similar wind and hail event yesterday, but... BUT.

The storm was starting to role in, but it was only lightly and we had not yet needed to shut all the windows. So my mom is leaning into one listening outside... and asks me if I can "hear that." Sounds like a train, just as they say tornadoes supposedly sound like. Like that rumble that keeps going, or a continuously running engine minus the mechanical tones.

I've seen a couple other mentions online of people noticing that sound. There doesn't seem to be any reports of damage to homes that were not tree related, but that train-like sound was unlike anything I've heard out of any storm before. Not even the hard wind and hail from the day before or any other high wind events I've witnessed in the past. An old guy from the fire dept. later that was blocking off the main road our road connects to, due to trees down on the road, suggested "wind shear" (or I assume straight line winds, etc) can sound like that... but this was very different than what I've ever witnesses from any other wind events, and when we were hearing it we were not even getting any kind of wind like that yet. It was like a continuous roar of something at a distance. Even the winds that roared through here when Isabel went by to the west years ago were not this kind of sound.

So, I don't know if it will ever be confirmed if there was a tornado, but it was kind of creepy. Accompanied by hail and flickering lights and loss of power... Someone my brother-in-law knows recorded video of something that could suspicious maybe resemble a tornado trying to exist... There is some odd rotation, but not sure.

Fortunately WE have been fine through both days and no damage and our trees are all in once piece. Only one in my own neighborhood that got hit bad was the guy two houses down at the end. Lost part of one on Tues. (that tree might be salvageable), but two other oldies really got trashed. Luckily the trunks stayed standing, as they may have otherwise ended upon the house) but a lot of the limbs came down... including on the house, but damage is minimal. And we never saw him yesterday because it turns out he's on vacation! Relatives of his just happen to come past today and were shocked and unsure how to go about letting him know... But I'm glad they showed up as we felt bad that we had no way to contact him, where ever he's at. At most, my brother-in-law put plastic over the one broken window for him. But losing some of the old trees on this road and esp right there at the entrance, that's going to look pretty sad.

And as I write this our third evening of storms rolls in... I hope it's NORMAL this time. That's all I wanted, just a normal storm, but now I don't even trust it anymore.

6/5 - What remained of the neighbor's trees, post-storm and post initial clean up on Fri., were taken down today. They've been there right at the entrance of our road for so long, it's going to take a long time to get used to that. Just looks sad. No doubt the sun will also kill off the ivy that's always been on that embankment.

Woman who lives there came to thank my brother-in-law for covering one of their windows that was broken when a lot of it came down on the house. Turns out they were in Florida, but seeing how they supposedly had a branch/limb go through their roof, straight through the attic, and through their living room ceiling, basically skewering the house...I'm glad they were not home after all. Yikes.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-05-2019 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:50 AM   #8457
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The right side of my laptop screen has a few big scratches in it from my kittens going amok.

It's mostly cosmetic - the touch screen still works in the scratched areas. But it still looks obnoxious. And will definitely damage my ability to get a good price on the laptop if I ever have the chance to sell it.

Speaking of kittens, I have a baby that's refusing to wean off the bottle; he's way too big for it now, but he hasn't gone off as well as my other kittens at his age.

At least all three little ones are starting to get onto some solid food, including him.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:57 AM   #8458
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I'm looking at new AC adapters since my monitor's one craped out (apparently a common issue with Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q..?)

So on a Norwegian website, the ac adapter I have costs about $74.

So I looked for cheaper options and found a cheap Upright ac adapter for less then $10, but... With shipping, value added tax and customs handling it'll be more expensive then the one on the Norwegian website at $77...

Guess I'll have to look at the upside, I just ahve to wait 2 days instead of 2 weeks for a new adapter lol
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:16 PM   #8459
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Only a grind in that I know it's going to annoy me every time I forget my reusables until I get back into the habit of it... but note that Walmart is supposedly doing away with their plastic bags. Won't even have paper ones. There's nothing unless you take your own. So either keep some in the car or get used to taking a loose pile of goods to your car via cart.

My sympathy to those who often buy a full cart's worth and don't have any bags with them...
Old 06-12-2019, 02:21 PM   #8460
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

That's lame. the store I work in have recycled plastic bags, so they are more green then paper bags.

Buuut, thanks to couch activists who have a layman knowledge at best and think paper = good, now we have introduced paper bags. They cost more then plastic bags and are less eco-friendly, it's kinda funny seeing who buys them.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote