Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 10-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #181
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Thanks Bubbly. And here's the finished piece:

For better pic, you can please view on my DA. I have no idea why the texts all messy when compressed to smaller format for this forum? Oh well, little thingys.
Haha, this is so great! That song is one of my favorite moments in cinema, so I love tributes to it!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:58 AM   #182
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I'm glad you like it, always nice to see fellow members with similar taste in entertainment.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #183
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Lol I love the part with the Pokeballs. What made you decide on having Raph collect Pokeballs?

And Raph has the Mona Lisa?
Old 10-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #184
Blossombrooks
Stone Warrior

Oh my goodness this is so good Sharky! The expressions and details are really fun.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:40 AM   #185
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
Lol I love the part with the Pokeballs. What made you decide on having Raph collect Pokeballs?

And Raph has the Mona Lisa?
I'd like Raph to collect something (since why on earth would he be collecting forks and cutleries lol), and pokeballs are shaped pretty unique, so BAM. Raph collects pokeballs lol. It fits with the modern setting too so I feel that fits nicely. And yes I play a lil bit of pokemon on the side too.

As for the painting, in the film, Ariel was curiously touching the fire painting (Magdalen with the Smoking Flame, by Georges de La Tour). In the context of this comic it doesn't really fit in with Raph's world since he's pretty much well accustomed with fire. So rather than being curious with fire, I made him curious and bewildered with DaVinci's painting of Mona Lisa's smile - why the whole world is intrigue with that iconic expression. That's why he keeps that painting. Both are famous paintings so I like that little change.

As whether it's a genuine art or not, I'll leave that to your interpretation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossombrooks View Post
Oh my goodness this is so good Sharky! The expressions and details are really fun.
Thank you Blossom!

I'm 80% done with the lineart for the next part, hopefully I'll get something out by this week.

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 10-29-2013 at 05:42 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:45 AM   #186
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I think it'd work better with Donnie....but then again who would he sing to, Metalhead?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:29 AM   #187
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I did think about using Donnie too but I currently have another ongoing comic using him ["Donatello vs Casey Jones"] and I want to avoid having Donnie overload (too much Donnie!). Also, if he's the lead in this story he would need a strong motivation to keep disobeying Master Splinter when he went to the surface to collect things - it's something I like to avoid since it's a bit out of character, he's not the type to break the rules. Though I made him go looking for a fight with Casey in the comic since he has a strong motivation to do so - he thinks he found love with April, and that's pretty much justified and believable imo.

Anyway, back to Raph. In my head, Raph would be the funniest one to be seen in this type of setting. And yet.. it doesn't seem that off, it kinda clicks and works perfectly. xD Tough guy yet so vulnerable and sensitive. And gosh I got plans for him for the key scenes from that movie..

In addition, Raph is just visually more similar to Ariel compared to other turtles. Red head, green.. Attitude wise is similar too: hotheaded, stubborn, rebellious, impatient, rash behaviour.. So in the end, I feel that he fits the role the best compared to the other turtles.

And he has Spike to talk/sing too, so that's another plus.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #188
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I did think about using Donnie too but I currently have another ongoing comic using him ["Donatello vs Casey Jones"] and I want to avoid having Donnie overload (too much Donnie!). Also, if he's the lead in this story he would need a strong motivation to keep disobeying Master Splinter when he went to the surface to collect things - it's something I like to avoid since it's a bit out of character, he's not the type to break the rules. Though I made him go looking for a fight with Casey in the comic since he has a strong motivation to do so - he thinks he found love with April, and that's pretty much justified and believable imo.

Anyway, back to Raph. In my head, Raph would be the funniest one to be seen in this type of setting. And yet.. it doesn't seem that off, it kinda clicks and works perfectly. xD Tough guy yet so vulnerable and sensitive. And gosh I got plans for him for the key scenes from that movie..

In addition, Raph is just visually more similar to Ariel compared to other turtles. Red head, green.. Attitude wise is similar too: hotheaded, stubborn, rebellious, impatient, rash behaviour.. So in the end, I feel that he fits the role the best compared to the other turtles.

And he has Spike to talk/sing too, so that's another plus.
I like the thought you put into it Shark Blade, applying similar character traits with Ariel and Raphael. At first it was a bit confusing since one doesn't normally see the similarities on the surface, but the defiance toward their fathers, and stubbornness were all strong parallels in terms of traits.

I was noticing there were a lot of Easter Egg references within Raph's collection, the "Nightwatcher" helmet (2007 movie), the ancient Japanese scepter/lantern (TMNT 3), the Mona Lisa painting...possibly? **reads your explanation** ...and here I thought it was a small OT reference...

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 10-29-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #189
Bauer536
Mad Scientist

No, Donnie should be Belle and Casey should be Gaston for Beauty and the Beast. That would make me laugh my head off.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:08 AM   #190
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYX View Post
I like the thought you put into it Shark Blade, applying similar character traits with Ariel and Raphael. At first it was a bit confusing since one doesn't normally see the similarities on the surface, but the defiance toward their fathers, and stubbornness were all strong parallels in terms of traits.

I was noticing there were a lot of Easter Egg references within Raph's collection, the "Nightwatcher" helmet (2007 movie), the ancient Japanese scepter/lantern (TMNT 3), the Mona Lisa painting...possibly? **reads your explanation** ...and here I thought it was a small OT reference...
Thanks JYX. Oooh, it seems I unintentionally made an OT reference for that Mona Lisa. Funny how these things happen.

I haven't watch any episode with her on my OT dvds yet though (I'm in early season 3 I think.. got a long way to go). Cheers for that.

I'm delighted you get those easter egg references!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
No, Donnie should be Belle and Casey should be Gaston for Beauty and the Beast. That would make me laugh my head off.
I can see Donnie being the Beast since he's a different species, but him as Belle is.. Maybe because they're both bookish type.

edit:
I randomly found this on my tumblr dashboard. Bwahaha

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 10-30-2013 at 03:42 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #191
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Now that's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing, Sharky.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #192
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Cheers Bubbly.

Anyway, I've finished with the lineart. Now is coloring, coloring~

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 11-01-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #193
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Pretty cool, Sharky. Can't wait to see it colored.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:06 AM   #194
DonatelloNinja82
Mad Scientist

These are great...I love the detail you put in your pictures. The backgrounds, the expressions...I saw the Nightwatcher Helmet and Time Scepter there too...and he also owns Mrs. Potts and Chip? GREAT! And Spike with the glasses was adorable. I also love that pic with Splinter, Leo, and Karai. Very fitting for season 2...

DonatelloNinja82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #195
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Thank you Bubbly and DonNinja82!

Here's the continuation. I admit I was laughing a lot when I made this. xD

http://turbotails06.deviantart.com/a...RT-3-411562007
Old 11-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #196
Blossombrooks
Stone Warrior

Love it, love it, love it! Brilliant!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #197
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Cheers Blossom, happy that you like it!
Old 11-05-2013, 02:00 AM   #198
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Raph singing about fighting, and prancing on buildings...? Hmm... not... something you... normally see.
Funny stuff Shark Blade.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:34 AM   #199
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Thank you kindly JYX!
Old 11-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #200
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Wow. Really awesome. Loved Spike chewing on the shoelace and how it goes to the sewer grate up above to illustrate Raph's desire to be up there. Very good, SB.