The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-26-2017, 12:04 PM   #541
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
i felt like the Dark Knight was pretty weak.

Apart from a piss poor joker attempt...and performance.
LOL, "piss poor Joker attempt?" Heath Ledger's Joker was critically acclaimed, and was a more down to earth or "realistic" version of what Joker would be like if he existed in the real world...or as realistic as someone like Joker could be.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:11 PM   #542
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm guessing Marvel will go this route but there's no reason why superhero movies need to be rebooted all the time. Superheroes are timeless stories, no one wants to see the new "origin" of Spider-Man or Batman, we all know them already.

They should do "soft" reboots at best if they killed an important character they can just weasel out of that one somehow through a retcon or whatever. No reason to "end" superhero movie series, they don't need an ending, we all knew who James Bond was even when they changed actors and even the mood of the stories, it should be the same with superhero movies. Things "technically" happened. I guess 007 isn't the best example since it was rebooted with Daniel Craig but whatever.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:15 PM   #543
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

It's the ever-present problem of Conservative vs Transformative.

Do we always have Bruce Wayne be Batman,....even though the whole thing that makes him great is that he's just a smart dude with a whole lot of disposable income?

Do we want him to move from where his is, in his prime, or do we want to tell different types of stories using his world as a backdrop.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:32 PM   #544
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
It's the ever-present problem of Conservative vs Transformative.
Neither is a perfect option.
Though young people might think otherwise.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:46 PM   #545
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
The Dark Knight Rises was pretty weak for a Batman film though. Not to mention, a disappointing ending to an otherwise great trilogy.
You smoking crack again????? joking....

But I feel like DKR is still a great film that was the sequel to perhaps the best comic book based movie ever made. Also DKR is better than any other DC movie besides (Batman Begins, TD) imo wonder woman could be argued to be better than TDK, but I feel like the villain in wonder woman was an incredible disappointment.

As far as rebooting the DCEU I would really hate to lose Gadet as Wonder Woman, bc she has done an amazing job in everything she has appeared in had WW.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 01:03 PM   #546
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
They should do "soft" reboots at best if they killed an important character they can just weasel out of that one somehow through a retcon or whatever. No reason to "end" superhero movie series, they don't need an ending, we all knew who James Bond was even when they changed actors and even the mood of the stories, it should be the same with superhero movies. Things "technically" happened. I guess 007 isn't the best example since it was rebooted with Daniel Craig but whatever.
I remember wondering if they were going to continue the ASM series by killing Peter and soft rebooting it with Miles. This was before the Disney talks were public knowledge of course.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:35 PM   #547
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/07/t...he-flash-dceu/

Stupid. Nobody knows anything, they're just making up articles.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:04 PM   #548
CyberCubed
Overlord

After watching Justice League, Affleck seemed....kinda bored? I think it was said he was depressed at the time of filming, so I guess that may be it. In all his Bruce scenes it felt like he was just kind of going through the motions. I actually think his performance in Batman/Superman was better than in Justice League.

I can see him dropping out, unless they do a flashpoint and he's only in the next movie at the very beginning before they go back in time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:16 PM   #549
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
After watching Justice League, Affleck seemed....kinda bored? I think it was said he was depressed at the time of filming, so I guess that may be it. In all his Bruce scenes it felt like he was just kind of going through the motions. I actually think his performance in Batman/Superman was better than in Justice League.

I can see him dropping out, unless they do a flashpoint and he's only in the next movie at the very beginning before they go back in time.
Most of Ben's stuff in the movie was clearly stuff from the Whedon's reshoots. In addition to being noticeably pudgier... he did seem to be kind of irritated.

He knew.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:39 PM   #550
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Affleck's "Bruce Wayne" was way too snarky; felt like a carbon copy of Tony Stark.

Wouldn't be surprised if that was all Whedon reshoots.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:42 PM   #551
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Nah, Affleck's Batman was ruined from the jump in Batman v. Superman. He could have been a good Batman/Bruce Wayne if the role had been written better, but as it is he was too rash, too violent, too stupid, just too much, all bad.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:58 PM   #552
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I already mentioned but it's a mix of the clickbait "geek" news blogs articles with and the presses constant "will you be on the Batman solo film?" even after having confirmed 20 times already along with DC's CHANGE EVERYTHING the moment one thing didn't go according to plan, the sad affleck meme, his divorce, he got all the heat from BatmanVSuperman

Still I was unsure about Affleck as Batman but he won me over, I think he's the best actor to portray him in even if he hasn't had the best movies to play Batman. I don't care for the DCEU moving forward and I liked both MoS and BvS.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:23 PM   #553
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/ben-a...ts-good-enough

Affleck still down for Batman.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:46 AM   #554
ZariusTwo
Overlord

At this rate, this is just yo-yo news. It goes up and down depending on the mood of the actor and the state of the films.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 09:56 AM   #555
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

One thing I'm a little fuzzy on. In that new interview with Affleck, he said he wanted to direct The Batman but never got a good script... but he was the one writing the script, with Geoff "The Hackman" Johns. Was he just unhappy with what he himself was writing with Geoff, or what?

Beyond that, I think it's as simple as this:

* Affleck was excited to direct/star in The Batman.

* Affleck wasn't happy with the script, for whatever reason. Not enough time to get it right with WB (at the time) forcing The Batman to shoot by a certain date. Dropped out as director, remained interested to star.

* Matt Reeves comes aboard as director, is allowed as much time as he needs to get the script right (which probably pisses off Ben, of course... "Why didn't they let ME take all the time I need?"). Still wants Affleck aboard. Affleck is still on board as long as he likes the script.

* JL reshoots happen, reshooting half the movie. Affleck is pissed, but still down to star in The Batman if the script is good.

* JL opens. Affleck has now gone from pissed to depressed, but is still down to star in The Batman if the script is good and he is still wanted.

Anything else is bullsh**, especially "I bet WB will use 'Flashpoint' to recast Batman mid-movie!!" No, they won't. That's not even how time travel works. And sidenote: f*** a "Flashpoint" movie.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-21-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:12 AM   #556
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...-movie-a156850

Reeves has the story set now. But having a story set doesn't mean they're anywhere yet with the script.

Shesus...
Old 01-08-2018, 10:41 AM   #557
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...-movie-a156850

Reeves has the story set now. But having a story set doesn't mean they're anywhere yet with the script.

Shesus...
Of all these DC characters, getting a Batman story set has to be the easiest task ever. So many rogues, so many supporting characters, so many good story arcs... Ain't that hard.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:57 PM   #559
sdp
Megan Fox = April

It's been a while since they've asked Affleck , !aybe it's time again?
Old 01-09-2018, 02:21 PM   #560
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
It's been a while since they've asked Affleck , !aybe it's time again?
Ugh, they will. They always will.

It's pretty simple. Affleck said he'd like to do it if the script is great. Period. And there's no script yet! He can't confirm anything yet.

Tags
batman, diversity comics, the cucked crusader