The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-01-2016, 08:33 AM   #281
PaulAllor
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I did wonder where Zog had gone off to after he dropped Krang out of the ship. He just sort of vanished after that.
Oh, people noticed that, huh? Hahahahahaha! (tugs at collar, looks around nervously).

Though actually, he does show up once more after that in Utrom Empire. If memory serves, the most prominent Triceraton in the double-page battle spread in issue #3 is intented to be Zog: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/..._03-pr.jpg.jpg
PaulAllor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 09:05 AM   #282
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post

I think eventually, but there's not set time or place for it at this juncture.
This is the one plot thread really keeping me going at the moment. Hope it isn't left in the dust!
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:36 PM   #283
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Just wanted to say that I was low on letters for TMNT #56, so have used questions from this thread from Powder, MikeandRaph and Chris McKenna. Reminder to put "OK to Print" for questions if you want to see them in Ninja Notes!!

Also okay to retroactively say "ok to print" for things already asked, just point me to the page in the thread and tell me it's ok now!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:47 PM   #284
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Great. That was its purpose.

I am sure I will have more to ask after #56 with Tragg, Leatherhead, and Agent Bishop all showing what sides they are on. Three sets of possible enemies with shades of gray. Could we PM you a letter to the editor with our actual name and city of residence? That way there will be a different name on the letter's page and we don't have to give away information on a public forum.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:57 PM   #285
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Sure, but there's an excellent chance I will forget to add it!
Old 02-01-2016, 04:31 PM   #286
Powder
So tired of this place

That's awesome, thanks! For future reference, anything I post in this thread is OK to print. You have my thumbs up!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:31 PM   #287
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulAllor View Post
Oh, people noticed that, huh? Hahahahahaha! (tugs at collar, looks around nervously).

Though actually, he does show up once more after that in Utrom Empire. If memory serves, the most prominent Triceraton in the double-page battle spread in issue #3 is intented to be Zog: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/..._03-pr.jpg.jpg
I knew that was him!
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:53 PM   #288
CyberCubed
Overlord

Bobby, out of curiosity how did you and Tom Waltz discover this forum? You both registered back in 2011 which was the first year the IDW comic was coming out, and have since been valued members here.

Were you guys just curious how the IDW comic was being received by major TMNT fans as opposed to casual fans on social media sites? This is pretty much the biggest TMNT forum on the internet and its been around since 1999/2000 so its good to have you here.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:06 PM   #289
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Bobby, out of curiosity how did you and Tom Waltz discover this forum? You both registered back in 2011 which was the first year the IDW comic was coming out, and have since been valued members here.

Were you guys just curious how the IDW comic was being received by major TMNT fans as opposed to casual fans on social media sites? This is pretty much the biggest TMNT forum on the internet and its been around since 1999/2000 so its good to have you here.
I honestly don't remember at all! We were probably just eager to see how fans were reacting to the series and did some google searching.

2011 is five years ago now... crazy!
Old 02-01-2016, 06:12 PM   #290
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Is the upcoming video game which uses the IDW designs in continuity with the comic?

Has it been asked if IDW can use characters from The Next Mutation? I'd love to see some of the more obscure yet interesting characters like Silver and even Venus one day.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:17 PM   #291
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

(For future reference, anything I post is okay to print.)

Is there any character, Bobby, that IDW would absolutely NEVER use? Venus de Milo, Pimiko, Eric Sachs, etc?
Old 02-01-2016, 09:21 PM   #292
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Is the upcoming video game which uses the IDW designs in continuity with the comic?

Has it been asked if IDW can use characters from The Next Mutation? I'd love to see some of the more obscure yet interesting characters like Silver and even Venus one day.
No, just inspired designs. And well, written by Tom! But I had no involvement in it, and it's got characters we haven't introduced, so... as far as my thinking matters, no.

I'd have to check, but I'm pretty sure we could use Next Mutation if we want. I've never seen it, personally.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:23 PM   #293
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
(For future reference, anything I post is okay to print.)

Is there any character, Bobby, that IDW would absolutely NEVER use? Venus de Milo, Pimiko, Eric Sachs, etc?
Not that I can think of. There's some characters like Venus I feel like I would need to be persuaded on, but that definitely doesn't fall under a "absolutely never" category.

As long as I'm around I'll fight to never mutate Baxter into a fly.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:25 PM   #294
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Not that I can think of. There's some characters like Venus I feel like I would need to be persuaded on, but that definitely doesn't fall under a "absolutely never" category.

I will now officially owe you as many beers as you can drink if we ever meet at a convention!
Old 02-01-2016, 11:27 PM   #295
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:

Venus as something completely different (while obviously still being a Turtle) could work. Like one of the denizens of the far-flung Shredder-ruled future... or maybe an X-23-esque distaff clone of the Turtles....
Old 02-02-2016, 06:47 AM   #296
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
I'm with you on that one, Baxter is an interesting character on his own. The cyborg thing is at least understandable as it falls into his expertise, the whole fly mutation thing just makes him a cheap movie parody.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:08 AM   #297
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

That answers the question if Baxter Stockman will be a flyborg or not. I would like him to simply be Baxter Stockman, 100 % human mad scientist andcstay that way until thevend of the run.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:28 PM   #298
CyberCubed
Overlord

Since Bludgeon was originally intended to be Armaggon before you guys decided otherwise, was Bludgeon always intended to be a hammerhead shark? Since Armaggon is based on a great white shark that's how I assume he would look in IDW if you guys used him (and that's how he looks in the upcoming game), so when you guys decided to create Bludgeon instead was it decided to make him a hammerhead shark to differentiate him?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:31 PM   #299
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Since Bludgeon was originally intended to be Armaggon before you guys decided otherwise, was Bludgeon always intended to be a hammerhead shark? Since Armaggon is based on a great white shark that's how I assume he would look in IDW if you guys used him (and that's how he looks in the upcoming game), so when you guys decided to create Bludgeon instead was it decided to make him a hammerhead shark to differentiate him?
Sort of-- I think it all sort of happened at the same time when we initially discussed the character. Hammerheads are slightly more unique in terms of "design" so I believe that was the main decision behind that choice, but it happened around the same time to make him a unique character.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:15 AM   #300
Kingoji
Hench Mutant

This is more inspired by a different discussion on the board but i thought made for interesting musing; would you guys ever be interested in one-shots or minis inspired by fiction outside of your own (and Nick's) continuity?
For example, there's a thread on here discussing the Mutanimals, and the abandoned cartoon based on the Archie version of the team and complete with crazy 80's gimmickery. Would something based on the show notes for that appeal? Or a mini set within the Fred Wolf cartoon continuity (Transformers have done this once or twice with Sunbow), stuff like that? I thought it'd be kinda fun in an inconsequential kinda way.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz