The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-28-2020, 12:53 AM   #161
sdp
-

Still going for a sequel. Just read the first comic,, I prefer some things from the comic but in other ways the movie was better., I wonder whst s sequel could take from the sequel comics since the ending is very different. I hate that there was no dimension hopping and these turtles just live in the DC universe, makes no sense.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 01:04 AM   #162
MementoMori
Mouser

I've just seen it. I don't like crossovers. And Shredder finishing as a Joker is useless, predictable. I really hope there won't be a sequel... Cos seeing Shredder acting like a Joker.... well... Their both worlds shouldn't have met and to be honest I think that last two decades, we've been overwhelmed by Batman's universes. Too much Batman. Enough now.
In my opinion, this movie wasn't necessary. Just my opinion.
MementoMori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 08:46 AM   #163
CyberCubed
Overlord

How was the movie not necessary? It was better than the comic book version and well animated with great action, humor, and respected the characters. Also counting as a movie, it's the best TMNT movie we've gotten in about 15 years.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 09:22 AM   #164
sdp
-

The crossover is dumb, batman should never meet the TMNT. It's still one of the best animated turtles we've ever gotten despite it.
Old 08-24-2021, 10:10 AM   #165
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wanted Batman to meet the Turtles since I was 5 years old and my childhood fantasy has finally been realized.
Old 08-24-2021, 10:39 AM   #166
sdp
-

Nobody is better than Batman
Spoiler:
Old 08-24-2021, 06:17 PM   #167
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
How was the movie not necessary? It was better than the comic book version and well animated with great action, humor, and respected the characters. Also counting as a movie, it's the best TMNT movie we've gotten in about 15 years.
That's debatable.

The comic has better overall art style. Freddie Williams art is great especially his version of the turtles and related characters. It's what mainstream versions of the TMNT characters should look like. The designs for the movie turtles on the other hand are a mash up of the Nicktoon and early IDW look. I don't think that's a design that anyone outside of a child would take seriously.

I also think the comic story overall. It keeps the truly silly stuff largely in check until the big blow out at the the end and the sub plot of Raphael thinking that Bruce/Batman is just a privileged thrill seeker and the scene were the bond at the sight of the Wayne murder gave the story gives the story some nice bit of emotion. The only thing I didn't care for in the comic was the the reality swapping and the idea that if they stay in the DC universe too long they de-mutate. The movie did well getting rid of that but it's strange that they also got rid of Splinter, April and Casey when that mean they could have been incorporated more.

The one thing that the movie does do much better than the comic (and I'm still surprised by this) is the more fights. I wouldn't mind at if a live action movie 'borrowed' some of the action scenes.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 06:22 PM   #168
CyberCubed
Overlord

I liked seeing Splinter in the comic book version, but the movie was more cohesive. They covered mostly the same story beats and we actually got to see the Shredder/Ra's, etc. fights, going from memory the comic version was very short. Not to mention the Arkham inmates being mutants was much better in the movie whereas the comic version only gave a handful of pages to show them.
Old 08-24-2021, 07:12 PM   #169
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I liked seeing Splinter in the comic book version, but the movie was more cohesive. They covered mostly the same story beats and we actually got to see the Shredder/Ra's, etc. fights, going from memory the comic version was very short. Not to mention the Arkham inmates being mutants was much better in the movie whereas the comic version only gave a handful of pages to show them.
i would've loved for them to have released figures of the inmates both human and mutated.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote