The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you accepted the probability?
Yes 50 50.51%
No 30 30.30%
In the process of it 19 19.19%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2016, 09:15 PM   #101
STORMSHADOW__210
Hench Mutant

I don't know. I don't trust Nick. They are a ruthless and unpredictable company . Remember Legend Of Korra? One of the best animated series ever and Nick did Korra and her fans pretty bad.
STORMSHADOW__210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 09:22 PM   #102
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMSHADOW__210 View Post
I don't know. I don't trust Nick. They are a ruthless and unpredictable company . Remember Legend Of Korra? One of the best animated series ever and Nick did Korra and her fans pretty bad.
Korra was going to end anyway after four seasons, it was a planned short show just like Avatar was. Its not like it got canceled unexpectingly.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 02:09 PM   #103
MartiusR
Random Punk

Whoah, I haven't been here for a very loong time, welcome back, everybody

But getting back to the subject - I probably wouldn't have any problem with it. Basing on my experience with other tv shows with turtles, I was always losing interest in it approximately in the "half" of the show. To be honest, I've started to feel that I'm losing appetite on turtles (sounds weird, I know ) during third season. Now I've skipped whole space arc* (tried to watch first episode, but I've watched only two minutes and had enough) and got back after long brake... And on the one hand I quite liked what I saw so far (even if there were some lacks and episode with mob showed the gangsters as utterly goofy and pathetic), but I can't say that I'm so entertained as I was during first and second season. And I'm guessing that if there will be resolved (in one way or another) case with Shredder in this season, I will be rather neutral about 5th season, as well as for the case "will it be continued or not"

*I feel that I didn't loose anything important, City at War is really good place to get back to the series
MartiusR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 03:02 PM   #104
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Well, if season 6 is confirmed, they will likely announce it at NYCC. I agree though that it seems unusual to suddenly announce that Usagi has been confirmed now if the deal was already signed. You would think that they would have announced it at SDCC.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:01 PM   #105
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Well, if season 6 is confirmed, they will likely announce it at NYCC. I agree though that it seems unusual to suddenly announce that Usagi has been confirmed now if the deal was already signed. You would think that they would have announced it at SDCC.
I have a feeling Season 6 will be confirmed at NYCC, besides not only will they be showing the episode with Super Shredder, they will no doubt show concept art of some of the new characters from Season 5, including Usagi.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:52 PM   #106
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

well if they plan to do a third movie 'which they might be i don't know' i think more seasons will be on the way. then again for all we know the viacom execs choose and pick using this method.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 08:07 PM   #107
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior

I really think this show isn't gonna end with only 5 seasons. (Note, I'm not siding with Cubed's idea that it could be considered a failure if 5 is the final season) To be honest, What other shows does nick have that has been more profitable? I mean, practically every show that they have done after 2k12 started has pretty much been canceled after a short amount of time. Heck, If it wasn't for tmnt and the endless amount of reruns of the other stupid crap they have, would nick even exist anymore?

This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:56 AM   #108
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
well if they plan to do a third movie 'which they might be i don't know' i think more seasons will be on the way. then again for all we know the viacom execs choose and pick using this method.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/487...w-motion-o.gif
The movie has nothing to do with the show as both are separate from each other. So, if they don't have another movie, that won't affect the show at all.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:54 AM   #109
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt transformer View Post
I really think this show isn't gonna end with only 5 seasons. (Note, I'm not siding with Cubed's idea that it could be considered a failure if 5 is the final season) To be honest, What other shows does nick have that has been more profitable?
Spongebob. They even had (or have) the original creator returning, after he's been gone for practically 15+ years.

I don't see them showing the same love to Nick TMNT. I think if this show tanks enough in ratings, they might just pull the plug.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:02 AM   #110
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Nielsen ratings are not the main factor. Look at how many streams it would get on the Nick website combined with DVR recordings and the actual viewership together to get a number. Also, consider the toy sales and how lucrative it continues to be with other product deals outside of toys. Instead of just fading away and letting fans guess like the 1987 cartoon and 2003 cartoon it would be nice for a straight answer, but just be patient. Its not the end until a press release states it. Itwill likely get a sixth season with the above facts anyway.T he question is have we reached the subtitled season at the end of the series like Fastforward/Back To The Sewers or Red Sky era.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:11 AM   #111
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Spongebob. They even had (or have) the original creator returning, after he's been gone for practically 15+ years.

I don't see them showing the same love to Nick TMNT. I think if this show tanks enough in ratings, they might just pull the plug.
I disagree with that.

I think tmnt is a bit more noticeable than sponge bob.

where I think tmnt fails, is that they don't have anyone with a singular vision on what it needs to be. you can have different versions, but they are all over the place.

the only version that works 100%, I think, is IDW. those guys to me get it. Movie and TV, not so much.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:56 AM   #112
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

[QUOTE=lonewarrior20;1624902]well if they plan to do a third movie 'which they might be i don't know' i think more seasons will be on the way./QUOTE]

Not if the film fails.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:30 PM   #113
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

And as I said earlier, the film has nothing to do with the show itself. They are two separate franchises so even if a third movie doesn't happen, that doesn't mean the show won't continue unless the network decides not to continue it.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:34 AM   #114
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
And as I said earlier, the film has nothing to do with the show itself. They are two separate franchises so even if a third movie doesn't happen, that doesn't mean the show won't continue unless the network decides not to continue it.
They're both dependet on the popularity of the franchise in general, often affecting each other.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:43 PM   #115
THGhost
Puppet Master

I hadn't given it much thought until now. Yeah, I guess I'd be okay with it. No point stretching it out for longer than it should be.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:19 PM   #116
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I'm a little torn on the matter. As fun as it's been watching this series, I'm kinda hoping to see it come to a conclusion. Plus once it ends I don't intend to take much interest in any future interpretations of TMNT. I had my fun with them over the course of my life but I feel it's time to move on with my life.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:27 PM   #117
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I'm a little torn on the matter. As fun as it's been watching this series, I'm kinda hoping to see it come to a conclusion. Plus once it ends I don't intend to take much interest in any future interpretations of TMNT. I had my fun with them over the course of my life but I feel it's time to move on with my life.
too be honest, i feel the same way.

but ONLY because i feel these aren't made for me anymore.

these are made for todays youth who don't like depth and prefer quick cuts, action and fart jokes.

the movies and tv show arn't aimed for me. and i can still enjoy stuff aimed for kids if done right.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:49 AM   #118
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
That's weird, there's no reason you need to move on from TMNT altogether. Future TMNT cartoons will probably be great as well.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:35 AM   #119
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That's weird, there's no reason you need to move on from TMNT altogether. Future TMNT cartoons will probably be great as well.
That's what ultimately happens when people take the "TMNT is for kids' stuff to heart, Cubed. It's why I protest against it whenever it's brought up, it's why I always argue for original storylines and better characterizations, and never accept anything subpar.

We get people leaving or deciding they are 'too old' for a 'kid's franchise.'
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:22 AM   #120
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

It also depends on how much you surround yourself or how much time you spend with a property. It leads to exhaustion. The Batman Arkham games is how I got back into Batman in years. But due to so much pushing DC does for this character I'm now sick and tired of him. He's getting too much exposure; Tons of Batman comics and cartoons, so many animated movies (Son of Batman, Bad Blood, two Unlimited films), the Dark Knight trilogy, adding him to the Man of Steel "sequel" only to take first billing on the title, an appearance in Suicide Squad, 4 Arkham games, The Telltale games, Lego Batman games, a Lego Batman movie, and two crossover comics with the turtles.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercucked, you're all to blame!