The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-07-2017, 08:53 PM   #121
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

All of the sequels have been a stretch. Even JW. No way would anyone insure another dinosaur park after the first three movies.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:01 PM   #122
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
All of the sequels have been a stretch. Even JW. No way would anyone insure another dinosaur park after the first three movies.
Yeah, that's actually the most unrealistic part of this series; that the dinosaur safari theme park model would be tried again
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:10 PM   #123
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

lol Was just going to comment about how these people in these films will appanetly just never figure out that these parks are a terrible idea. Half our visitors were eaten... Hey, lets try it again!

Though with the first 'World' failing in a violent way, as usual, good luck getting new visitors.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:13 PM   #124
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Yeah, that's actually the most unrealistic part of this series; that the dinosaur safari theme park model would be tried again
That's why I always seen that World was only a sequel to Park, making park 2 and 3 non-canon.

If we just assume that the only dinosaur incident was the first movie, then it wouldn't be that hard as it was a self contained incident. Throw enough money and everything will be silenced.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:22 PM   #125
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
That's why I always seen that World was only a sequel to Park, making park 2 and 3 non-canon.

If we just assume that the only dinosaur incident was the first movie, then it wouldn't be that hard as it was a self contained incident. Throw enough money and everything will be silenced.
The JP2 and JP3 are canon.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:24 PM   #126
Allio
Foot Elite

was that ever stated in World? Every incident so far has just referred Park 1. I mean I'm sure it's all still canon, but I doubt they will refer to them.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:10 PM   #127
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Pretty sure we'll get some kind of reference to at least part 2, even if it's just Goldblum making some reference to his own "dealings" (plural) with all of that. Nothing really happened worth referencing in 3 unless Sam Neill ever comes back.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:00 AM   #128
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Went to the premier, got to see Jurassic World again in theaters with free popcorn/soda, a free Fallen Kingdom shirt/stickers and tickets to go to the premier of Fallen Kingdom. By the time I got time to tweet about the trailer everyone had already seen it but who cares, I had an amazing experience. Movie looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Cool trailer I guess.
That better have been the first 30 minutes and not the entire plot, though.
Based on rumors/leaks it's only the beginning and then jumps down to a smaller set for the rest of the movie being more of a horror film than an action one so don't worry.

Quote:
Yes, all sequels are unnecessary but they're all fun to me, no sequel is bad even if they can't reach the greatness or message the original had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
was that ever stated in World? Every incident so far has just referred Park 1. I mean I'm sure it's all still canon, but I doubt they will refer to them.
A lot of the tie-in material and viral marketing sites not only mentioned the sequels but helped explain what happened in the gap years and what lead to the events of JW. For example Hoskins the military guy from JW was the one in charge of getting rid of the pteradons that escape at the end of JP///.

Quote:
Pretty sure we'll get some kind of reference to at least part 2, even if it's just Goldblum making some reference to his own "dealings" (plural) with all of that. Nothing really happened worth referencing in 3 unless Sam Neill ever comes back.
Yes, only in EU material will we get lengthy explanations but the director has said many times the sequels are all canon, I'm sure they'll throw in a line of "Isla Sorna" or "The other dinosaur island" but won't go into details.

JW already had a /// reference when the T-Rex destroys the Spinosaurus bones.

pictures of my swag:

Last edited by sdp; 12-08-2017 at 12:05 AM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:54 AM   #129
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I'm betting we'll have a 'War' trilogy after 'World,' probably going to be military themed. I doubt they will stay in the parks forever, because the audience would get bored of it. The military plot seems to be slowly showing signs of setting up, it's not big now in this trilogy but you already have people talking about selling embryos and seeing if the raptors could be trained.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:16 AM   #130
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's the official synopsis that reveals more about the plot, and its not just about the rescue operation.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-f...piracy-a156168
Quote:
It’s been four years since theme park and luxury resort Jurassic World was destroyed by dinosaurs out of containment. Isla Nublar now sits abandoned by humans while the surviving dinosaurs fend for themselves in the jungles.

When the island’s dormant volcano begins roaring to life, Owen (Chris Pratt) and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs from this extinction-level event. Owen is driven to find Blue, his lead raptor who’s still missing in the wild, and Claire has grown a respect for these creatures she now makes her mission. Arriving on the unstable island as lava begins raining down, their expedition uncovers a conspiracy that could return our entire planet to a perilous order not seen since prehistoric times.

With all of the wonder, adventure and thrills synonymous with one of the most popular and successful series in cinema history, this all-new motion-picture event sees the return of favorite characters and dinosaurs—along with new breeds more awe-inspiring and terrifying than ever before. Welcome to Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:17 AM   #131
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

How are they going to transport the brontasauruses?
Old 12-08-2017, 11:53 AM   #132
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The Trailer does not spoil the final act of the movie according to the producer, everything from the trailer is only from the 1st 57 minutes of the movie, the movie will no doubt be 2 hours and something, so that's good to know.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-f...al-act-a156174
https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/s...76156585922561

Last edited by TigerClaw; 12-08-2017 at 12:05 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:50 PM   #133
The Deadman
Foot Elite

The website tie in to the film is now up, similar to the Masrani one from the previous film

http://www.dinosaurprotectiongroup.com/success.html

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:33 AM   #134
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I loved the trailer, and I don't think it's because I'm an obvious JP fanboy, that makes me more critical of what I see, I was extremely skeptical of "trained" raptors in JW.

A lot of people in the JP fandom didn't like the trailer, but that's mostly because they say it doesn't convey the mood the film has been promised to be, but that's also because they don't want to spoil the second half of the movie. JW2 is meant to be more of a thriller/horror movie than anything else, the big set pieces are only the first half, it'll be a more personal claustrophobic movie for the second half.

I still can't believe I won that contest and not only had the awesome experience of going to the trailer event but to also have an invitation to the premier safe for when it comes out in June is any fanboy's dream. Jurassic Park is my favorite film franchise and I'm as excited as you can get to see this movie.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:53 PM   #135
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

So, John Hammond built the park on an active volcano eh? Savvy.

I cannot imagine why they would want to transport the Dinosaurs off that island. Legally speaking, they're a total liability so their demise would be best case scenario, and they're not even real dinosaurs, so the conservationist angle doesn't make sense.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:54 PM   #136
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
So, John Hammond built the park on an active volcano eh? Savvy.
"Spared no expense!"

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:05 PM   #137
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
I cannot imagine why they would want to transport the Dinosaurs off that island. Legally speaking, they're a total liability
Yeah, it wants to be "Saving Private Ryan" with dinosaurs, I think. Doesn't quite work.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:16 PM   #138
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-f...-grant-a156308

Looks like Jurassic Park 5 has Sam Neill coming back in some manner. Maybe.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:56 PM   #139
CyberCubed
Overlord

I thought these new movies weren't in continuity with the old ones....but eh...who cares, right? Might as well make a loose continuity between everything to appeal to nostalgia to 30+ year old adults.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:36 AM   #140
Allio
Foot Elite

who ever said they weren't in continuity?

Tags
spanish horror, spanish whore