The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #21
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Han Solo, Boba Fett, Yoda solo films... I'm not opposed to them, I'm just not convinced they will be good... sounds exploitative and not for creative reasons. But yeah this is Star Wars O.O I'm far far more intersted in the Yoda one as long as it explores his younger years. We need answers to the whole Yoda species issue.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #22
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I think the EU will survive, it has awlays survived even with convoluted explanations but technically event ot his very day everything is still canon, I don't think the new episodes will damage the EU a lot at least not in an unfixable way, they'll just have Chewbacca be revived somehow, the EU while treated like crap when making the movies and future projects ILM has always known how much money they make from it so they'll fix it for the sake of money not fans.

As far as the stand alone films, I think it's great. Everyone has always mentioned how full of ideas the SW universe is and finally Disney will exploit them, the episodes are the ongoing saga while we get to see more of other characters. Boba Fett in a solo film is awesome, I'm not so sure about a young Han Solo but it could work out if done like a space western and there's many other things that can be done. Some I'd prefer not to like a Yoda prequel, I like him being a mystery though they've already kind of ruined that anyway. I mean we could get a film about Darth Vader, that's awesome. Of course the movies will rise and fail depending on the script and directors but as long as they do things correctly for most of them we're in for a treat. It wouldn't surprise me if in 10 years the best SW movies that came out after the purchase were stand alone films and not Ep.7/8/9.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #23
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Yeah, big Star Wars fans would go see it. And I'd go see a Master Splinter solo movie. But neither one of them would make money. I guess a Yoda movie would stand a shot, but I don't see it.
I can totally see a Boba Fett or Han Solo movie. Hell, Fett became so damn popular just based on his costume that Lucas crammed him in the prequels and even resurrected him in the EU! Just please dont have him taking off his mask, personally ruins the character for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I mean we could get a film about Darth Vader, that's awesome.
Totally agree! I would love a film about Vader and the 501st hunting down one or two fugitive jedi.

To be honest, a Yoda movie to me sounds the least appealing. I laughed in the theater the first time i saw cgi yoda flying around Christopher Lee, I dont want more of that. Im all for expanding the star wars universe, but id like the characters to remain somewhat mysterious.

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wish they would make movies of the comics so I can actually experience the stories. I am never picking up a single Star Wars comic yet I'd love to see the stories in movie form.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #25
sdp
Megan Fox = April

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...-for-star-wars

This article tells you how Disney was able to buy SW from Lucas, it actually makes you feel bad for Lucas. It also basically confirms Hamill/Ford/Fisher are in it. It also makes me more excited to what Disney is going to do and that basically before he sold it Lucas gave a set path to what he wanted. say what you want about Lucas but you can't deny that he loved his universe and is an overall awesome person (he is donating all his fortune to charity).
Old 03-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #26
STORMSHADOW__210
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Yeah, big Star Wars fans would go see it. And I'd go see a Master Splinter solo movie. But neither one of them would make money. I guess a Yoda movie would stand a shot, but I don't see it.

I hear ya but fact is ANYTHING Star Wars Sells.Even the animated Clone Wars movie did well.I can't wait to sit in that theatre in 2015 as the croud see's that Star Wars intro logo and music
STORMSHADOW__210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #27
pannoni1
Foot Elite

With the original cast signing up along with the new CGI series, there is definitely going to be an uptick in interest that hasn't been seen since the late '90s with the original triology re-releases and episode I. It makes sense that episode VII takes place over 30 years after VI. The big question involves what the Sith are up to. I've never touched a SW comic nor owned a figure or read an EU novel and its only the feature films I'm used to, but I want to avoid being spoiled and enjoy the movie as I never expected a reunion to happen. I remember that there would eventually be a third trilogy back in the '90s, so let's hope this measures up to the earlier movies.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:17 AM   #28
stapeanc
Hench Mutant

Well if the stay true to the Events that take place, will see kids and a loss of a good friend, and a return of another villain or 2. I'm just hoping that it does stay true to the following events. If anyone read the comics they'll no what i'm talking about without spoiling it for others who haven't.
stapeanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:32 AM   #29
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stapeanc View Post
Well if the stay true to the Events that take place, will see kids and a loss of a good friend, and a return of another villain or 2. I'm just hoping that it does stay true to the following events. If anyone read the comics they'll no what i'm talking about without spoiling it for others who haven't.
Theyre not, Disney has stated that its going to be completely original material.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:26 AM   #30
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I for one am glad. The Expanded Universe only ever had about five or seven good stories in it ever (Among them the Thawrn saga, Dark Empire, The Courtship of Princess Leia, and Shadows of the Empire) everything else has been self-indulgent fanfiction.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #31
stapeanc
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddhead View Post
Theyre not, Disney has stated that its going to be completely original material.
Well from what i've read there gonna be using Georges Scripts from Episodes 7.8, and 9.

On another note i'm hoping for adaptation of the Legacy comic series wthe Cade, Krayt, Talon, Blue and others.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #32
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stapeanc View Post
Well from what i've read there gonna be using Georges Scripts from Episodes 7.8, and 9.
Yes, Lucas outlined the next three films but they are still original stories (havent been published in EU. And I dont really know how faithful Disney plans to be to said scripts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I for one am glad. The Expanded Universe only ever had about five or seven good stories in it ever (Among them the Thawrn saga, Dark Empire, The Courtship of Princess Leia, and Shadows of the Empire) everything else has been self-indulgent fanfiction.
I cant argue with that, kudos for listing some of my favorites in the Do Not Suck category. As far as I'm concerned, Timothy Zahn can do no wrong.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #33
stapeanc
Hench Mutant

Yes thats true, nobody really knows what disney will do.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #34
sdp
Megan Fox = April

They're not going to take the EU into consideration but they can easily avoid making big contradictions, the EU has survived tons of contradictions before and I'm sure it will too, this will likely take place after the last EU book anyway in the timeline so there's enough time for the EU to try to fix things. And I disagree the EU has given us some great stuff even if it has also given us just as much if not more terrible stuff, the great stuff makes up for it since you don't have to read it all.

I'm bummed about the SW re-releases being cancelled, I understand them cancelling the Clone Wars to not dilute the brand and get people excited over the new trilogy but what better way to get people excited than with the re-releases that count up to Episode 7, they basically did re-releases before the prequel trilogy too.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

They're probably not going to ignore everything from the EU though, I can see them using Han/Leia's children for example and certain characters even if the stories will be altered.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:04 AM   #36
chrisdude
Foot Elite

I'm comfortable considering novels to be a secondary canon, true until written over. That's what I consider the Star Trek novels to be (the Pocket Books, anyway). But that's a different animal, as the original Star Trek universe, in television and movies, is effectively dead.

Star Wars, I have considered picking up a book, once or twice. And all I've heard since the announcement of the new trilogy is Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn. But I would be too afraid to touch it, now. Call me crazy, but I couldn't see myself devoting the time to read a novel that may be overwritten when the new movies come out. I'm all for getting more of the story, learning more about the charcters, and having gaps filled. But if it were overwritten by a movie, I wouldn't feel like I was getting any of those things. The book would be reduced to a "what if," and that would hold far less value to me.

If I were one who'd put years into reading these novels, and their events were about to be retconned, I'd be freaking out, right now.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #37
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post

Star Wars, I have considered picking up a book, once or twice. And all I've heard since the announcement of the new trilogy is Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn. But I would be too afraid to touch it, now. Call me crazy, but I couldn't see myself devoting the time to read a novel that may be overwritten when the new movies come out. I'm all for getting more of the story, learning more about the charcters, and having gaps filled. But if it were overwritten by a movie, I wouldn't feel like I was getting any of those things. The book would be reduced to a "what if," and that would hold far less value to me.

If I were one who'd put years into reading these novels, and their events were about to be retconned, I'd be freaking out, right now.
I can totally see your point. But even if i do sound like a broken record, I dont think reading the Thrawn trilogy could be a bad thing in any way if youre a fan of the franchise. That story line is effectively what revived the Star Wars franchise in the early 90s (wait, does that mean THEY'RE to blame for the special editions???). The new trilogy films are supposedly taking place many years after that point and i just cant see Disney completely erasing a story that many fans think of as canon-more so than the prequels.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #38
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

My thoughts on Star Wars: Episode VII

I know what you're thinking, what does this forum have to do with tmnt. Well simple much like the new series on Nickeloeon fans ERUPTED whe
n they found out that DISNEY would produce a new Star Wars movie. But the new tmnt show on nick is probably one of the biggest "Don't judge a book by it's Cover" shos out there becauese everybody nitpicked about ths CGI or the casting and now everybody loves the new show. Well it's been confirmed that J.J. Abrams is the director, and Michael Ardnt(who wrote toy story 3) is the writer. So do you think this new upcoming trilogy will turn out the same?
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord

You do realize this entire section is for non-TMNT topics right?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #40
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You do realize this entire section is for non-TMNT topics right?
My bad:
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercubedthesexmaniac, forceawakens, sharkbladetheshipper, tmnt