The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 09-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #121
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
"I really, really wanted to see Batman & Robin Part 2, from Joel Schumacher. I think that would have been awesome."
Not afraid to say Batman Triumphant would be good if it was made. Don't be so quick to judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
You realize that you can make anything sound cool on paper? If I actually tried I could make Batman & Robin sound like an exciting, powerful film too.
No because on paper B & R sounds like more of the same. Batman Triumphant would have been darker but still feel like the Burton style of movies. I'd happily sacrifice the Nolan trilogy for that fifth Burton era movie because it sounded amazing.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:02 AM   #122
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
No because on paper B & R sounds like more of the same. Batman Triumphant would have been darker but still feel like the Burton style of movies. I'd happily sacrifice the Nolan trilogy for that fifth Burton era movie because it sounded amazing.
Batman Forever was a Joel Schumacher Batman movie with maybe 20% Tim Burton influence, who was on board as producer. Some of the same aesthetic from Burton's two movies was retained.

Batman & Robin was a Joel Schumacher Batman movie with 0% Tim Burton influence. In addition to spectacularly self-destructing the Batman movie franchise, for many this is also considered a leading candidate for "Worst Movie Ever Made."

What in the blue hell would make you or anyone else of sound mind think an additional Joel Schumacher Batman movie, again with 0% Burton influence, would be even one iota better than Batman & Robin?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:17 AM   #123
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Batman Forever was a Joel Schumacher Batman movie with maybe 20% Tim Burton influence, who was on board as producer. Some of the same aesthetic from Burton's two movies was retained.

Batman & Robin was a Joel Schumacher Batman movie with 0% Tim Burton influence. In addition to spectacularly self-destructing the Batman movie franchise, for many this is also considered a leading candidate for "Worst Movie Ever Made."

What in the blue hell would make you or anyone else of sound mind think an additional Joel Schumacher Batman movie, again with 0% Burton influence, would be even one iota better than Batman & Robin?
Well, because Schumacher SAID it would be. He SAID it would dark, gritty, and Burtonesque.

Duh. If you can't trust the Overlord of Rubber Nipples and Neon, who can you trust?

Tags
cferreira, must be thursday, out_of_pills