The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 08-24-2020, 10:21 PM   #1
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Anyone collects them? I?m curious and not sure if they?re worth picking up.

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 10:39 PM   #2
Leo656
The Franchise

I have all of 'em, but I haven't opened them yet. I keep meaning to, I just been busy. They seem great so far, though.

My only gripe is that only Winston comes with a Proton Stream. I ordered some nice-looking custom ones from a guy online, hopefully they'll look as good on mine as they do in the pictures.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:06 PM   #3
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Yeah pretty weird there’s only 1 with proton stream. But they do look good enough and I’ve never had a ghostbusters figure. The new movie is coming so I feel like having them. I reckon they will also look good with my Neca TMNT movie figures.

I’m gonna check my local shop if they have bundle deals. Cheers.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 01:59 AM   #4
Leo656
The Franchise

They look better close up than they do in pictures. Personally I never had my hands on any of the Mattel ones or anything but these look to me like some of the best Ghostbusters figures.

They're only gonna get more expensive and harder to find, so I think anyone who's even a little bit on the fence should just go for 'em. I was lucky, I found all six on one shot, but the other day the same place only had two Rays and a Venkman, and for weeks in between I didn't see any.

I say jump. Better to have 'em and not need 'em, than need 'em and not have 'em.

Old 08-25-2020, 09:04 AM   #5
IMJ
Emperor

These are the Ghostbusters toys I think we always wanted as kids. My only thing is that there is a lot of that going around nowadays, so I decided to stick with my vintage TRG stuff and the amazing Diamond select TRG stuff and that's it.

I hope I don't regret getting on board with these, but I will say that if they were 3 3/4" with detailing as good as the now decade old G.I. Joe 25th line, I'd have been all in immediately.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 07:30 PM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

I definitely thought about grabbing them but my display areas are already overflowing, & with mostly Japanese stuff, at that. They don't quite fit in, & I'm not a big enough fan to justify the expense, especially with so much other stuff (namely TMNT) on my list.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 07:40 PM   #7
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm at the "Buy sh*t Now, figure out where to put it Later" phase of my collecting. I just got so, so sick of passing over sh*t that I really "need" to have.

I have no room for anything. None. BUT, I can't live without it.

In this case, it definitely helped that my wife threatened to pummel me and leave me at Walmart if I didn't buy all six figures the second I saw them.

In two years when they're like $60+ each online I'll be glad I jumped when I did. Even if I have absolutely no room for them right now.

For almost 10+ years I pretty much stopped collecting because "I have no room", but I missed a lot of awesome stuff and I'm kicking myself hard now, boy.

I'm very sad that most of my coolest stuff is packed in storage, but ONE day we plan to have a really awesome display room. When that day comes, I'll be ready! I might be on Social Security by then, but I'll be the coolest geezer at the Fogey Farm.

Old 08-26-2020, 04:16 AM   #8
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

If you're a fan of the film then I would recommend these. At least try picking one up and see what you think. I would recommend Egon or Ray based on the likeness. Winstone and Venkman are OK, but the other 2 are better.

For me these are mid-way between a kids action figure and an adult collector figure, which is what I like about them. Nice and solid, but good likeness and accessories.

I don't collect any other Ghostbuster figures, so these are my first foray into them. Never been interested in the other figure merch released over the previous years.

One thing I would say is the knee and elbow joints are very stiff, but they do move (unlike some of my NECA figures...).

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 05:25 AM   #9
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I bough them all and like them. Bit disappointed with their size: they scale a bit smaller than Hasbro's other figures like Marvel Legends and Power Rangers Lightning Colleciton and their new 6" G.I. Joes. They are like a head shorter so it's harder to fudge displaying them together.

Apart from size they are pretty cool. Decent likenesses (little on the cartoony side though), nice accessories, nice build-a-figure.

Oh and you shouldn't have too much trouble finding them, they seem to be collecting on the pegs in most stores. So, good sales might be incoming.

It's a good start to their line, I don't want to sound down on it or anything. Just kinda disappointed that they are so easy to find while some other Hasbro figures, like their new G.I. Joes (particularly the Target exclusive assortment) are really hard to find.

The hope is that we will see them release more waves. I'd like to see more ghosts, the Ghostbusters II suits + supporting characters, and of course, figures based on the upcoming Ghostbusters Afterlife film.

Hard to believe that Ghostbusters Afterlife was supposed to come out July 10 2020... now we have to wait until next year. Sigh. I'm continually depressed not just at the state of the world right now, but how decimated the movie industry has been. I love going to movies in the summer, and there's been 0 movies this summer because of covid.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote