The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-09-2020, 05:39 AM   #4421
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgb1018 View Post
Awesome! Lost Galaxy was the last one that I actually watched some of before I fell off the wagon. I've heard good thing about about Time Force, as well as Beast Morphers though! Thank you!
Just as a precaution, and this is a tiny bit of a spoiler...but...watch RPM before Beast Morphers.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:51 AM   #4422
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Every Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger From Weakest To Most Powerful
https://www.cbr.com/mighty-morphin-p...dam-kat-jason/

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 12:17 PM   #4423
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Every Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger From Weakest To Most Powerful
https://www.cbr.com/mighty-morphin-p...dam-kat-jason/
What a crap article, don't click, here is the ranking:
rocky, adam, aisha, zack, trini, billy, kimberly, kat, tommy, jason

No real reasons as to why they chose that ranking, just clickbait trash.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 03:07 PM   #4424
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Kat is the weakest Mighty Morphin ranger in her dozen episodes as MM Pink. She could not even fight and did not have her own zord until she was Zeo Ranger 1. Granted like Billy before her she improved her skills over time.

What about my question regarding Tommy and Jason from earlier...
We all know that Tommy and Jason are the greatest two rangers of all-time. Sometimes Tommy is #1 other times it is Jason, honestly while I am a Tommy fan it does not matter as they are the best two. However, if they were not a part of the original six would they be the top two Power Rangers ever? I am curious how much of it is a part of a narrative, legacy, and nostalgia. I am looking past my OG6 love here curious about an answer.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:43 PM   #4425
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Kat is the weakest Mighty Morphin ranger in her dozen episodes as MM Pink. She could not even fight and did not have her own zord until she was Zeo Ranger 1. Granted like Billy before her she improved her skills over time.
I even thought Kat would be at the bottom of the list.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 07:56 PM   #4426
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
She actually only had that power for eight episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I even thought Kat would be at the bottom of the list.
Kat was more of a damsel-in-distress than Kimberly was. I don't think Kimberly was ever completely helpless. She was more like a Marion Ravenwood, Princess Leia, and April O'Neil. Those women needed to be rescued sometimes, like her, but they were capable of fighting their own battles. Plus, Kimberly defeated some monsters on her own. Kat was more like Willie Scott, Jubilee, and Lois Lane. All of them ran into trouble quite a lot and really couldn't handle things by themselves.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:25 PM   #4427
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Aisha is just the worst yellow we've ever gotten, she wasn't a good fighter, wasn't a good yellow, didn't stay around to have other powers to prove herself, she got kicked replaced off screen for a reason. She's really the one ranger I'd be ok with never seeing again, her whole run was so worthless. Her personality was literally being Kimberly's best friend.

Tanya wasn't great either but it was still an upgrade over Aisha.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:31 AM   #4428
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Eight? You counted? I wish Amy Jo would have stuck out for the remaining episodes considering there so few before Master Vile deaged everyone. Not to mention there was the opt out from Aisha so plot could have kept Amy Jo around for a couple of more weeks.

I remember an episode where Rita made Tommy eat himself to heartburn and then Kat helped Billy with a brick wall monster. After that Master Vile concluded everything.
Old 09-11-2020, 09:21 AM   #4429
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well Kimberly left off at the end of Season 3 and got a nice final arc of a few episodes and we got to slowly meet her replacement, I thought it was handled very well and I'm glad Amy Jo Johnson did that, she was basically there the entire third season a few more episodes weren't necessary and helped with the change, especially as kids. I like to think that the movie perfect body is in continuity with power rangers since it fits with why she left
Old 09-11-2020, 01:16 PM   #4430
Leo656
The Franchise

Hahaha, I used to have that movie on a VHS somewhere. Think I taped it off of Lifetime. I f*cking hated Power Rangers with venomous passion but I had the absolute biggest crush on Amy Jo.

I sat through a few episodes on TV and the movie on cable but the only thing I ever took from any of it was "That girl has awesome calves."

She still looks very, very nice. Good for her.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 03:56 PM   #4431
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Well Kimberly left off at the end of Season 3 and got a nice final arc of a few episodes and we got to slowly meet her replacement, I thought it was handled very well and I'm glad Amy Jo Johnson did that, she was basically there the entire third season a few more episodes weren't necessary and helped with the change, especially as kids. I like to think that the movie perfect body is in continuity with power rangers since it fits with why she left
I thought with so few episodes before the deaging bit and a line I remember Zordon saying. It was something to the effect she could continue her ranger duties while living in Florida and she could teleport in whenever a monster attacks Angel Grove. With just the few episodes left then perhaps the deaging and powerless bit would help her realize with the Mighty Morphin powers gone it was time to step away without feeling an obligation. It may have been two leaving at the same time, but its not like it stopped the Power Transfer. Like I said, it was just that line I remember and the episode count remaining as to why it could have made sense.

Also, refresh my memory, when everyone was deaged how did that work exactly? Was it everyone's life force was sucked away deaging everyone to 9 years old. Lieutenant Stone and Ernie characters would have been roughly fifteen years older than the rangers, but they are deaged to the same age the rangers were deaged to. Maybe I am just trying to make sense out of two things that don't make sense plot-wise and the Saban crew don't care about that and what kids will think.
Old 09-12-2020, 11:21 PM   #4432
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
I thought with so few episodes before the deaging bit and a line I remember Zordon saying. It was something to the effect she could continue her ranger duties while living in Florida and she could teleport in whenever a monster attacks Angel Grove. With just the few episodes left then perhaps the deaging and powerless bit would help her realize with the Mighty Morphin powers gone it was time to step away without feeling an obligation. It may have been two leaving at the same time, but its not like it stopped the Power Transfer. Like I said, it was just that line I remember and the episode count remaining as to why it could have made sense.
What Zordon said is "...someday when you return, you'll be an even more effective Power Ranger". I knew damn well she wasn't actually ever coming back though.
Old 09-13-2020, 02:14 AM   #4433
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Jason Bischoff has pieced together a free pitch for an adaptation of Kyuranger, which he labels Power Rangers Supernova

Old 09-18-2020, 12:38 PM   #4434
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Beast Morphers resumes in the States tomorrow, here's a clip (for those who haven't followed international airings, it's a bit spoilery)

Old 09-26-2020, 04:28 PM   #4435
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Three of the main cast members of Power Rangers Dino Fury have been revealed today.

Russell Curry as Zayto the Red Dino Fury Ranger
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFnQm5fh3sE/

Kai Moya as Ollie the Blue Dino Fury Ranger
https://www.instagram.com/moyalawn/

Hunter Deno as Amelia the Pink Dino Fury Ranger
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFnQItfncaZ/
Old 09-26-2020, 07:04 PM   #4436
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I saw the preview video on twitter, so apparently the morphin grid came to earth during the era of the dinosaurs? That sounds interesting and in a way works since the MMPR were a dinosaur theme. Unless they go and say it's another earth like with DinoCharge which I hope they don't.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:44 AM   #4437
ZariusTwo
Overlord

"Hasbro and eOne are exploring all different forms of content for Power Rangers including theatrical, including streaming, [and] including new animation."

https://twitter.com/nopinkspandex/st...95356886392846
Old 10-06-2020, 01:22 PM   #4438
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Happy birthday to Amy Jo, who turns 50 today, but stopped aging a decade ago. #OG6cantbebeat
Old 10-07-2020, 02:30 AM   #4439
ZariusTwo
Overlord

In tribute to Eddie Van Halen, here's the ending of MMPR The Movie, which made use of the song 'Dreams'.

Old 10-20-2020, 02:48 PM   #4440
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Jonathan Entwistle will engineer and shepherd the next series of screen adaptations as Hasbro's eOne arm takes the reins of the superhero franchise.

The Power Rangers are morphing again.

Jonathan Entwistle, the creator behind Netflix series It’s the End of the F---ing World, has been entrusted to engineer and shepherd the next series of screen adaptations of Power Rangers, the colorful Hasbro superhero property.

But as opposed to the recent efforts, which focused primarily on the big-screen, the new initiative will see Entwistle overseeing, and directing, both film and television adaptations.

The move comes as eOne, the production banner acquired by Hasbro in late 2019, becomes more active in the development and the production of adaptations of Hasbro-based brands. A Power Rangers feature was previously in development by Entwistle at Paramount but now the reins have been taken by eOne while Entwistle is seeing his involvement deepen and branch out.

Entwistle will act as a conductor of a connected story universe that will bridge across multiple platforms.

“Jonathan has an incredible creative vision for this iconic and hugely successful franchise, and is hands down the right architect to join us as we reimagine the television and film worlds of this property,” said eOne’s film president Nick Meyer and global television president Michael Lombardo in a joint statement.

The working across platforms is to be a norm going forward as is working with name talent.

“Across our slate, we are looking forward to working with the most talented storytellers as we take on Hasbro’s rich fan-favourite brands and build entertainment universes around them,” the duo stated.

“This is an unbelievable opportunity to deliver new Power Rangers to both new and existing generations of awaiting and adoring fans. We’ll bring the spirit of analog into the future, harnessing the action and storytelling that made this brand a success,” said Entwistle.

Power Rangers was a ’90s TV series and global marketing franchise, initially called The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, that used footage from a Japanese children’s show. The premise involved a group of kids who become superheroes, each with his or her own color-coordinated outfit and matching helmet. The show first aired on Fox Kids, then on the Disney-owned channel in the 2000s. A movie also hit theaters in 1995.

In 2017, Lionsgate produced and released a feature that rebooted the title, making it less kid-friendly and giving it a more brooding YA edge. The pic failed at the box office, grossing only $142 million worldwide on a budget of around $100 million, and plans for a series of films were scrapped.

Entwistle created F---ing World and co-created the recent series I’m Not Okay With This. Both series were centered on teens coming to grips with growing up and were praised for their writing, with the former winning a Peabody and a British Academy Television Award. He is repped by CAA and Grandview.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ator-exclusive

Tags
power rangers