The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-11-2020, 12:24 AM   #81
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Speaking of cats, when will we 2ver find out what became of Goose? I already miss that mother-flerken!
I'm sure it'll turn up in a big way in "Captain Marvel: Secret Invasion."
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 04:30 PM   #82
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I can't be the only one who kind of finds it offensive to people with cancer that we're gonna be doing a thing where someone gets "cured" of it or whatever by being given a magical hammer. Feels kind of irresponsible. Nobody asked me, but it's the first thing that comes to my mind regardless. "Sucks you have cancer, BUT now you're Thor, so don't worry about it!" That sounds awful on its face, but I guess execution is everything. I'm sure it'll be handled with more grace than that, or at least one would hope. That's just my knee-jerk reaction.

That's about where my thoughts begin and end on this. I only liked the first Thor movie and I generally hate everything this director does, so it's an easy pass for me. It's been at least ten years since everyone realized that Natalie Portman simply isn't that good an actress, so she alone isn't gonna be enough to get me to pay attention.
If it follows the comic book story then lifting Mjolnir and becoming the female Thor doesn't cure Jane's cancer in fact it actually cancels out her latest chemo hence why her doctors are baffled she's making so little progress.

The only cure the hammer provides is her sensing she's near the end genuinely considering staying Thor forever of course she knows she's never actually be Jane again if she does.

It kinda touches on how the early Thor appearances even when Don Blake transformed into Thor he's still have Blake's personality and memories in a thunder god body but slowly started talking cod Shekespearian thees and thous and questions just where how the times Tor has a human host how much is the host and how much is 'Thor'.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 03:02 PM   #83
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

postponed due to virus
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 03:22 PM   #84
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

We can pretty much assume everything that is currently filming (whether TV or film) is postponed, let alone things that haven't even started filming yet.

My biggest worry is Better Call Saul season 6. It took a certain miracle to align things up with everyone to start shooting last month.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 03:40 PM   #85
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon1982 View Post
postponed due to virus

I am not seeing that being reported anywhere. the only blurb is from Comic book resources which says "Its impact on the production timeline of Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness, Spider-Man 3 and Thor: Love and Thunder is unknown at this point."
Old 03-22-2020, 09:00 PM   #86
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
We can pretty much assume everything that is currently filming (whether TV or film) is postponed, let alone things that haven't even started filming yet.
Yeah, I pretty much said the exact same thing in another thread. I can't see anything moving forward anytime soon, and even then, most of the "regular people" are going to be out of work for YEARS, so I can't see Hollywood going right back to "business as usual" either, as it might be considered vulgar and offensive for them to go right back to spending hundreds of millions of dollars on make-believe when most people are going to be scratching and clawing just to survive. At the very least, anything that isn't a guaranteed billion-seller isn't going to move forward because it would be considered a waste of resources.

This one should be safe regardless, though. I think pretty much only the MCU and Disney remakes are "safe" and everything else is, at the least, "on hold until further notice". But I predict that most movies and TV shows that we've heard about recently are simply not going to happen.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:07 PM   #87
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Thanks to Covid 19 new release date Feb. 18, 2022.

https://variety.com/2020/film/box-of...us-1203550173/
Old 09-13-2020, 09:22 AM   #88
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Hemsworth will not be leaving the role of Thor after this one

https://www.nme.com/news/film/chris-...hunder-2751419
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 09:41 AM   #89
AquaParade
Banned

Happy to hear that. It will be fun to see the modern Avengers lineup comprised of a mix between old and new characters.

I've always wanted to see Spider-Man alongside Hulk on the big screen, so I'd like to see Mark Ruffalo come back as well. I've got a feeling if they bring him back, they'll start to reverse on the "smart Hulk" angle a bit or swerve it in another direction.
This is me talking out of my ass, but I could honestly imagine Ruffalo out there with Boyega right now complaining about his role in the last few Avengers films, if he were less professional or just appreciative of the opportunity. I don't let it bother me , and smart Hulk was sort of charming, but at the end of the day, it felt like the Russo's were juggling him around wherever they could fit him between their two films imo.

As for who leads the new iteration of Avengers, should there be one, I've assumed Sam Wilson would be the choice, but they'll really have to sell us on that first won't they? He's been the epitome of "back-up" his entire time in the MCU, so seeing him step up to lead is going to be interesting. Maybe there is something poetic about Sam being the last one to say "On your left..." to Cap, as if he is now stepping up to take the mantle and lead.
They could choose to give that Role to Captain Marvel, or surprise us all and not give us an Avengers lineup in in the traditional sense.
What do you think?

Last edited by AquaParade; 09-13-2020 at 09:48 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:24 AM   #90
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

If he is still Thor while Jane is Thor cool if not he can be just Odinsion when he was unworthy.
Old 09-13-2020, 05:58 PM   #91
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
If he is still Thor while Jane is Thor cool if not he can be just Odinsion when he was unworthy.
Let's not forget Beta Ray Bill. We have 3 Thor types in the marvel comics.

I wonder if the movie will use Jane Foster's cancer story from the comics. When she becomes Thor she doesn't have the cancer on her unless she changes back to normal.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 09-14-2020 at 04:35 AM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 04:01 AM   #92
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Happy to hear that. It will be fun to see the modern Avengers lineup comprised of a mix between old and new characters.

I've always wanted to see Spider-Man alongside Hulk on the big screen, so I'd like to see Mark Ruffalo come back as well. I've got a feeling if they bring him back, they'll start to reverse on the "smart Hulk" angle a bit or swerve it in another direction.
This is me talking out of my ass, but I could honestly imagine Ruffalo out there with Boyega right now complaining about his role in the last few Avengers films, if he were less professional or just appreciative of the opportunity. I don't let it bother me , and smart Hulk was sort of charming, but at the end of the day, it felt like the Russo's were juggling him around wherever they could fit him between their two films imo.

As for who leads the new iteration of Avengers, should there be one, I've assumed Sam Wilson would be the choice, but they'll really have to sell us on that first won't they? He's been the epitome of "back-up" his entire time in the MCU, so seeing him step up to lead is going to be interesting. Maybe there is something poetic about Sam being the last one to say "On your left..." to Cap, as if he is now stepping up to take the mantle and lead.
They could choose to give that Role to Captain Marvel, or surprise us all and not give us an Avengers lineup in in the traditional sense.
What do you think?
What gives you the impression that Ruffalo is dissatisfied with being in the MCU I hope smart Hulk is here to stay although I'd like him to be more confident like the Professor Hulk persona he's based on.

This may be an unpopular opinion but I'd love it if they had an Avengers lineup inspired by Bendis' New Avengers. To the degree that Avengers is supposed to Marvel's answer to the Justice League it should have all their biggest characters together in the roster. Of course that ship has sailed now that Steve and Tony are no longer available but Spider-Man and Hulk together would be something to see as would (and this may be really unpopular) Wolverine. Logan doesn't dominate Avengers stories like he does X-Men so this team may be better for him plus Wolverine vs Hulk would be something to see.

A lineup like Captain America (Sam Wilson), Thor (Jane Foster), Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Wolverine and the Hulk with a few wild cards thrown in would be cool for me. Either Sam or Carol would lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
While the movie will be very inspired by Aaron's Thor run I don't think he'll become unworthy. If becoming a drunk, obese gamer recluse for five years didn't make him unworthy in the MCU then I'm not sure Gor's revelation would though I still want that to be the characters motivation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I wonder if the movie will use Jane Foster's cancer store from the comics. When she becomes Thor she doesn't have the cancer on her unless she changes back to normal.
I think that is a safe bet.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:02 AM   #93
AquaParade
Banned

I don't really think Ruffalo is upset, but it seems to me that he was essentially a "hot potato" for the last several years, with a lack of compelling or cohesive story arc. It's understandable with how much the MCU has to juggle. But I could imagine a less professional actor coming out and making a huge stink of it is all.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:33 AM   #94
Leo656
The Franchise

Hulk SHOULD be a much bigger deal, but the wrong company owns it.

I know "things can be adapted any which way", but the Hulk story is primarily a horror story. It can be body horror, psychological horror, but from its very conception it was designed and meant to be read as horrific and unsettling, dark and violent. Cerebral. Frightening. All things Disney Will Never Touch.

Yes, the character "accidentally" became something of a "super-hero character" over time but that initially had as much to do with budgetary issues at the publisher more than anything else. Hulk is not supposed to be a traditional super-hero and I'd argue that he doesn't work very well as one.

The BEST Hulk stories are far too cerebral and "dark" for mainstream fare yet remain the only way to fully explore that character to its full potential. Stuff like "Return of the Monster" or "Startling Stories: BANNER" and so on. That's how the character should be presented, but you're never going to see that in traditional Disney/Marvel fare. So instead, he's a Generic Strong Guy character, who now they staple on the "Smart Hulk" personality as a superficial attempt at "adding depth" when all it really does is add more comedy. "HAH! The big green guy is wearing glasses, now! Oh, what a lark!" It's dumb. It's dumb that a character that was conceptualized as a "Jekyll and Hyde/Wolfman" mash-up has been reduced to comic relief and generic strongman shenanigans and so forth. There are MANY things about the MCU which annoy or outright infuriate me, but their handling of the Hulk is one of the biggest. Going back to my earliest childhood he was one of exactly two Marvel characters I cared about at an age where I could barely even read, the other one being Spider-Man and I can't say I've been thrilled at how he's been handled, either.

Frankly, the only movie Hulk has been in that's even come close to doing the character properly was the Ang Lee version. "Incredible" wasn't bad, but too silly. I get that it was more in line with what people expect from a "super-hero movie", but again, Hulk isn't a super-hero, or shouldn't be. He's more of a tragic force of nature born out of a lifetime of tragedy and abuse, the Id given free reign. But all of that is "too nasty" for a Disney project. Thus, one of their best characters is implicitly neutered by the fact that he's being produced on-screen by a company who won't do anything that might negatively affect their toy sales. When you take away the tragedy and horror elements of The Hulk, you lose almost everything about who that character is. And that's a shame, because the "real" Hulk is very interesting.

I'd love to see another Hulk solo film one day, but not so long as Disney has any hand in it whatsoever, they're incapable of doing it right. I'd actually be much more excited to see someone re-do the Ang Lee film with a better CGI Hulk model. Everything else in the movie is perfectly fine and very much in line with what it should be, it's just that the character model is a joke and thus it becomes hard to take the material seriously despite the fact that it begs you to do so. It's a very good movie and probably the best Hulk film that will ever be made, but it's very unfortunate that Lee felt that THAT was the best they could do with the main character's appearance.

Wonder what it would cost for someone to "fix" that up nowadays. Probably pennies, I figure. I bet some kid with a laptop could do it in a weekend for nothing, same way they fixed Cavill's face in Whedon's "Justice League". I'd dig it.

Anyway, yeah, I like Hulk. I do NOT like Disney Hulk. It's a wasted opportunity at best and a bad joke at worst.

Old 09-14-2020, 08:02 AM   #95
AquaParade
Banned

I generally agree and the recent "Immortal Hulk" run by Ewing and Bennet was a great reminder that the characters roots are in horror and that is where he works best. But the character was fighting supervillains from the very early issues, so I think it's fair to say the character was meant to operate both in and out of straight horror. I think the horror element is essentially missing at this point, in the MCU portrayal, which is a shame.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:10 AM   #96
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I respect Immortal Hulk's storytelling, but I don't personally like it due to how unlikeable every character is
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:38 PM   #97
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I generally agree and the recent "Immortal Hulk" run by Ewing and Bennet was a great reminder that the characters roots are in horror and that is where he works best. But the character was fighting supervillains from the very early issues, so I think it's fair to say the character was meant to operate both in and out of straight horror. I think the horror element is essentially missing at this point, in the MCU portrayal, which is a shame.
I mean, I do like the general idea that even though he's an unstoppable rage-beast he's still a "good guy" at heart and therefore I don't absolutely hate the idea of him fighting bad guys. I just don't love the idea of him regularly and often going on heroic adventures of derring-do and all that. Even the idea of him joining a super-hero team goes very hard against his profession of a creature who just wants to be left alone. The Avengers basically using him as their "nuke in the hole" feels so manipulative on their part that I kind of resent it a little bit. Even if Banner is okay with it, I don't think Hulk is.

I don't know. The great thing about Hulk is that there are many layers to the character and he can be explored from multiple angles. The bad thing is, lazy writers can neuter him very quickly.

I'd love a film that went hard into all of Banner's warring Hulk personalities and the idea that different Hulks manifest based on different things. Joe Fixit, "Devil" Hulk and all of that. I mean the idea that he has a deep-buried Hulk persona that's nothing but pure evil to the point where both Banner AND Hulk are afraid of him is both horrifying and fascinating, and I'd love to see that explored.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut again... wrong company owns it.

Old 09-15-2020, 02:13 AM   #98
Galactus
Foot Elite

There is a certain degree of malleability with comic book characters like Hulk that allows them to wear many hats. Your mileage may vary on just how many hats he should wear at a time but it's there.

Batman is a dark brooding loner yet has an extended family of young kids to help him in his war on crime. He's a gritty street level detective that also is a member of a team of godlike super humans. These are all ideas that are almost antithetical to each other and yet people accept he can be all these things at once that because it's the way its always been.

I don't see why people struggle viewing characters like Spider-Man and the Hulk in the same way other than they haven't traditionally been that even though Hulk was a founding member of the Avengers and even though he quit as early as the second issue they still teased for a long time after he'd rejoin and brought he back for anniversaries and the like.

As for the MCUs handling of him. I wouldn't really expect much in a team movie but there was a good idea somewhere in the whole Banner was broody for children but knew he could never bring a child into his life sub plot. Might have worked if he Scarlett had better romantic chemistry or perhaps if she wasn't pregnant and was more available to film in Age of Ultron. Who knows. At least there was an attempt to do something deeper with the character than just him being smashy smashy.

Who knows were they would go with the character in the future. The MCU is not the same franchise it was when it started and wont be the same years from now. If Marvel Studios get the impression that more cerebral movies would work they'll go that rout. Now that Marvel has the movie rights to the character we might well get a Hulk solo. Just like with Black Widow there is a certain sense that Ruffalo's version of the character deserves it.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:38 AM   #99
Leo656
The Franchise

If anything, Hulk should be accidentally creating disasters that the Avengers have to stop, not actually be hanging out with them, that's a big part of my own personal disconnect. I know that they toy with that a little bit occasionally, but the Hulk, more than anyone, doesn't come off as much of a team player. Again, I don't mean Banner, I mean The Hulk. The Hulk would just as soon eat these people for bothering him, not team up with them to fight Dr. Doom. But that's just in my own experience with the character.

There's also the fact that he was only ever an Avenger because the publisher's budget for staples and ink was running low that month so they needed to cram him in somewhere. I mean, I get that that's a thing that happened often - the first book that Superman and Batman shared was for similar reasons - but it still makes a lot more sense for other characters than it does for the Hulk.

Old 09-15-2020, 03:39 PM   #100
AquaParade
Banned

Hulk deserves a deeply emotional and raw film. I'm not sure I've even read Hulk comics that speak to my feelings about it. Hulk stories should recall a deep, primitive anger and sadness we have inside and capitalize on the catharsis of having it released. Hulk should make you cry from deep down.

But I actually kind of adored the goofy, loveable Hulk of Ragnarok. "Earth hate Hulk "

Tags
vegita-san hates women