The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 11:58 AM   #101
neatoman
Emperor

Well this thread took an odd direction... Oh well, at least it's not what I feared it would become...
Hahahaha!
Old 08-17-2018, 12:01 PM   #102
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Old 08-17-2018, 01:13 PM   #103
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Capt. Sisko vs. Capt. Picard topic on Q control..
Because Picard viewed Q as an adult at their first confrontation and, unless the situation turned critical, Piccard usually tried to deal with people / problems in a diplomatic matter. A big mistake was made there since Q engineered the USS Enterprise-1701-D crew with their first Borg run-in, along other challenges that the crew faced whenever Q wanted to play some more.

Capt. Sisko did not make the same mistake(s) in dealing with Q that Picard did. He simply handled handled Q in a matter that *physically* stated "None of your bullsh*t is wanted nor welcomed in MY station motherf*cker!!"

Last edited by DarkFell; 08-17-2018 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:16 PM   #104
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post

I've actually met some "liberals", who genuinely believe that if person wants to commit suicide they should not be stopped from it, because, it's their right as individual. Needless to say, those people made me even further disgusted with current "liberalism".
Same here, that attitude they have gives me the creeps.

They also naively think legalized assisted suicide would not be abused if *enough legal safeguards were in place* but Holland or the Netherlands, what ever the country(s) are, already are moving into euthanasia of children who might be 'assumed' to suffer like some severely disabled children, allowing people with chronic (not terminal, CHRONIC) conditions to have assisted suicide, and people have already know some doctors to decide you are 'suffering' and prescribe you a lethal medication and dose, when you assume you are getting a normal medication and safe dosage.

Disability groups have been fighting these laws. I have read accounts from people saying health insurance companies
will tell you they will pay for your assisted suicide, but not your expensive cancer treatment.

I am moderate, not conservative or liberal. Liberals however assume that only conservatives have the oppressive ideas that kill individual rights and bring about hell on earth, but they have them too. Assisted suicide would kill countless poor people unable to afford treatments, it would kill disabled people, and it would eventually kill mentally ill and chronically ill.

What would stop health insurance companies or doctors from deciding you are 'too expensive to keep alive?' And liberals will just look on, with blank stares and dreamy fixed smiles on their faces, saying to themselves 'The world is progressing today. Long live euthanasia.'
Old 08-17-2018, 08:52 PM   #105
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Speaking as one who is rather liberal, I only support it being available to the terminally ill who are suffering, can't be cured, and are genuinely ready to be done with it. It's not right that we'd spare many other creatures from suffering, but not a fellow human...
Old 08-18-2018, 01:07 AM   #106
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

You have got to let me know what liberal enclaves you are visiting, cuz all the ones I frequent want Single Payer Healthcare. Meaning that right-to-die legislation would be there for the terminally ill who want to die with dignity, and everyone else who just needs Healthcare gets it.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:16 AM   #107
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_thebest View Post
So this thread is basically

"Don't you dare tell your kids they can be anything they want, 'casue then MY kids will want to be anything THEY want, and that bothers me in a way that I can't express in proper English. I can't use science, as i'm not educated enough, I'm also not a doctor, but i can tell you what is normal. I have all these opinions about what you are feeling, and it's my right to stop you from doing things I don't understand."
Nah this thread is more: "let brainwash kids with propaganda to validate my mental illness that men can be women and women can be men; why are you disagreeing with me this hurts my feefees, you all evil altrights!!"

Quote:
SUMAC, I think you need to brush up on your post modernism, biology, anthropology, and linguistic skills. Beyond that perhaps look into the work done by Kinsey into human sexuality, as a starter, then push forward and work your way up to Sari van Anders.

Once you've done THAT homework, I'll give you next weeks assignments.
I don't take assignments from disturbed individuals who want to validate their mental sickness by deluding the rest of the world into believing it.

It's like taking humanism lessons from tribe of cannibals. Yeah, they might teach how to flay people alive with as less pain as possible, but it's hardly would be humanistic for the most sane people.

Also, you are the last person who should say anything about others lacking knowledge in the history, logic AND biology AND especially anthropology.

How about you learn normal version of those disciplines, not POMO Tumblr versions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Same here, that attitude they have gives me the creeps.

They also naively think legalized assisted suicide would not be abused if *enough legal safeguards were in place* but Holland or the Netherlands, what ever the country(s) are, already are moving into euthanasia of children who might be 'assumed' to suffer like some severely disabled children, allowing people with chronic (not terminal, CHRONIC) conditions to have assisted suicide, and people have already know some doctors to decide you are 'suffering' and prescribe you a lethal medication and dose, when you assume you are getting a normal medication and safe dosage.

Disability groups have been fighting these laws. I have read accounts from people saying health insurance companies
will tell you they will pay for your assisted suicide, but not your expensive cancer treatment.

I am moderate, not conservative or liberal. Liberals however assume that only conservatives have the oppressive ideas that kill individual rights and bring about hell on earth, but they have them too. Assisted suicide would kill countless poor people unable to afford treatments, it would kill disabled people, and it would eventually kill mentally ill and chronically ill.

What would stop health insurance companies or doctors from deciding you are 'too expensive to keep alive?' And liberals will just look on, with blank stares and dreamy fixed smiles on their faces, saying to themselves 'The world is progressing today. Long live euthanasia.'
Post-modern Liberalism everyone!

This is the same thing with "trans" thing: if child is confused about themselves let hook them on the meds first and deal with the rest later. Because, calling for the help of psychologist first instead of butchering their body with meds from the start is somehow "evil conversion therapy".

I even seen some liberal retard who was saying that all children should take puberty blockers until they decide their sex.
Those people about to become even more dangerous to society and especially children, than conservatives.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:34 AM   #108
Vegita-San
Emperor

more and more people are not only growing tired of this insanity...but also walking away from it. hence a campaign by the same name.

the more people try to force others into believing what they want, with insults, lack of proof, anger, and just plain nonsense.....the more people will see through this attack on sanity and just ignore it. it's already happening, and hopefully it will continue till some sense of sanity is restored.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 08-18-2018, 01:00 PM   #109
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Those people about to become even more dangerous to society and especially children, than conservatives.
Right. Think that's kind of impossible. That level of crazy can come in any flavor, but you can't surpass conservative crazy in this day and age; at best it's tied.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-18-2018 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-18-2018, 01:30 PM   #110
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Right. Think that's kind of impossible. That level of crazy can come in any flavor, but you can't surpass conservative crazy in this day and age; at best it's tied.
I can agree with that, somewhat.
Though at the moment the scope and possible ramifications of the left-insanity look like a much bigger risk to the Western society, since other cultures, seemingly don't buy this piece of crap.

Interesting double standards: when kid says they are "transgender" - everyone should believe them, when kid says they are not transgender, even when their parents believe they are, those kids don't know better...why it smells like an agenda and not care about emotions and empathy...hm..?
Spoiler:
Old 08-18-2018, 04:03 PM   #111
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Interesting double standards: when kid says they are "transgender" - everyone should believe them, when kid says they are not transgender, even when their parents believe they are, those kids don't know better
And this is the point I ask for links. Because I've never heard of that being a thing.

What are your sources, and where is that source getting it from...?

And this is why the conservative side looks more dangerous to those on the left, because we just keep hearing of this level of nuttiness claimed by the right, of how those on the left are so evil or whatever, but have never actually seen it come out of any part of the left we're personally familiar with...so yeah, it just ends up looking like crazy attempts from extremists on the right trying to vilify liberals with absurd lies, thus making the right/conservatives look untrustworthy.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-18-2018 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:33 PM   #112
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
And this is the point I ask for links. Because I've never heard of that being a thing.

What are your sources, and where is that source getting it from...?

And this is why the conservative side looks more dangerous to those on the left, because we just keep hearing of this level of nuttiness claimed by the right, of how those on the left are so evil or whatever, but have never actually seen it come out of any part of the left we're personally familiar with...so yeah, it just ends up looking like crazy attempts from extremists on the right trying to vilify liberals with absurd lies, thus making the right/conservatives look untrustworthy.
If I give you my sources - you won't believe them, because people like you, despite preaching "openmindedness", are considering all sources that do not align with your worldview, to be untrustworthy.

Thus we are arriving at a stalemate.

As someone with experience with both fanatics and mentally ill, people I'd say it's completely expected that some people in any movement would push for the extreme measures.
However, at the moment, I see lefties extremists to be much more harmful on the whole since they seek to remodel human society according to their vision, which is build on the lack of social experience, ignorance of the history and humanity as a whole.

They are reminding me of the Bolsheviks from Russian Empire, who have created USSR. Those people wanted to create a new breed of humans, but they have succeed only in bringing, what could have been a great country, to ruin, destroying a lot of the legacy of the past, butchering society and enabling double-thinking and hypocrisy on the scale that the world have never seen before.

I've expected some people might learn something from this, but as expected, they did not.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:28 PM   #113
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
In other words, just- words. No sources, no proof, nothing but rhetoric. About what would be expected at this point.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
Old 08-18-2018, 07:44 PM   #114
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
In other words, just- words. No sources, no proof, nothing but rhetoric. About what would be expected at this point.
It's Sumac, all he does is trolling and posts nothing of value on this forum.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:28 PM   #115
Vegita-San
Emperor

Proof first. otherwise it's just words. let the people doing the reading decide if its true or not.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 08-18-2018, 08:31 PM   #116
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

That's not really how facts work, but okay
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:00 PM   #117
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Old 08-19-2018, 04:17 AM   #118
Leonardo_thebest
Banned

Quote:
Proof first. otherwise it's just words. let the people doing the reading decide if its true or not.
What do you want proof of vegetable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Why don't the mods deal with him already? His hate speech should bring the ban hammer.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:28 AM   #119
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
If I give you my sources - you won't believe them, because people like you, despite preaching "openmindedness", are considering all sources that do not align with your worldview, to be untrustworthy.
Well, I disagree with your apparent premise of knowing me well enough - or at all - to make assumptions on what I'd believe or not. (Pretty sure just being liberal isn't enough info.) But whether or not to provide requested sources is your call.

If they're not sound enough sources to share though, then maybe there is reason to assume people won't believe them and shouldn't. (Just tell me that Alex Jones isn't one of them. lol)

For the record, legit facts don't have to be what I want to hear or fit my own 'world view' or sense of morality in order to be accepted as legit. But they have to be facts... not opinions or cultural/religious/personal world views that just upset people when challenged.
Old 08-19-2018, 11:29 AM   #120
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Someone's salty that they can't fight reality and all they has are the delusions.
And what is your value to this place?

Quote:
What do you want proof of vegetable?
Insults. How progressive of you.

Quote:
Why don't the mods deal with him already? His hate speech should bring the ban hammer.
Calling mentally ill people, mentally ill and protecting rights of children and women is not a hate speech.
You are outing yourself like a misogynist with enormous amount of self-entitlement.
In another words: a typical male loser. Be careful, or next thing you will start crying that you are involuntary celibate.

Oh, wait, you have already done something like that. Another typical progressive.
Closed Thread

Tags
#voyager