The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #21
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMedia View Post
The appearance of the Mouser head makes it tough too, but I think the motion comic on the Nick site can fit just fine if you ignore a couple pesky details. It's style and tone work VERY well with the show, and several people in an official capacity worked on it.

Plus,. I like the story. What can I say? I want it to fit because I liked it...
I don't count the motion comics as canon, just something for fun,
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #22
Xav
Foot Elite

So apparently New Girl was meant to air before I Monster.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...1&postcount=12
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #23
Half Shell
Random Punk

Wow. Now the turtles have an episode order too? I'll check this. And thanks.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #24
coolbutrude
Mouser

this is incredibly helpful!
coolbutrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #25
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbutrude View Post
this is incredibly helpful!
I know.....
Old 06-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #26
ToTheNines
[sic]

Updated with "Parasitica". Put it before Pulverizer Returns! because of production order and the April training with Splinter line ties directly into Karai's Vendetta.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #27
ToTheNines
[sic]

Finally got around to making a timeline thread for the New Animated Adventures companion comic: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=44882

If you're not reading it, I highly recommend it. The creative team is great, and Kenny Byerly (Never Say Xever, Mousers Attack, The Alien Agenda, Enemy of my Enemy) writes most of the issues!
Old 12-07-2013, 02:10 AM   #28
Enscripture
Hench Mutant

Why Follow the Leader before Invasion of the Squirrelanoids?
Enscripture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:03 AM   #29
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enscripture View Post
Why Follow the Leader before Invasion of the Squirrelanoids?
I think it's because the line 'Another trap' 'From invasion of the Squirrelanoids' is referring to the Karai trap in 'Follow the leader'.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #30
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
I think it's because the line 'Another trap' 'From invasion of the Squirrelanoids' is referring to the Karai trap in 'Follow the leader'.
That and the production codes marked "Follow the Leader" as 202 and "Invasion of the Squirrelanoids" as 203
Old 10-13-2014, 05:54 AM   #31
coxfire
Random Punk

Sorry if the question doesn't belong here or has already been answered elswhere, but what is the approximate timeline of the show?
Do we have a rough estimation of how many time passed between the Mutation Day in Rise of the Turtle and let's say Leo waking up in Northampton?

Casey said that the Technodrome thing was "last year", but that doesn't mean that 12 months have passed between the 2 finales?
coxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:58 PM   #32
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxfire View Post
Sorry if the question doesn't belong here or has already been answered elswhere, but what is the approximate timeline of the show?
Do we have a rough estimation of how many time passed between the Mutation Day in Rise of the Turtle and let's say Leo waking up in Northampton?

Casey said that the Technodrome thing was "last year", but that doesn't mean that 12 months have passed between the 2 finales?
No there hasn't been any sort of approximation as to how much time has passed since their mutation day. Though show wise it has been roughly two years so the Turtles would be 17-18 right about now.

According to one of the Writers, the Turtles will be teenagers as long as the series is on nick. So I guess this will be like they do with some TV shows where the characters are perpetually one age even though enough time and events have happened for the characters to be much older.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:17 PM   #33
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
No there hasn't been any sort of approximation as to how much time has passed since their mutation day. Though show wise it has been roughly two years so the Turtles would be 17-18 right about now.

According to one of the Writers, the Turtles will be teenagers as long as the series is on nick. So I guess this will be like they do with some TV shows where the characters are perpetually one age even though enough time and events have happened for the characters to be much older.
Oh.

Oh no
Old 07-04-2016, 08:17 PM   #34
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Why so surprised? The show is called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, after all
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 10:08 AM   #35
ToTheNines
[sic]

Ok, finally updating this thread now that there's viewing order questions. I've got that that fully good to go.

However I'm forgetting how much time was revealed to have passed through out season three, and then how much time passed between City at War and Owari. Gonna have to rewatch from Within the Woods to present.

Anyone else have any clues?
Old 02-02-2022, 10:23 AM   #36
ToTheNines
[sic]

Doing a marathon of the show since it's the 10 year anniversary and decided to rework this timeline and tweak the episode order since I caught a couple of things.

I put any episode in bold if there was any movement/discretion about placement. Some episodes aired out of order, but are in the correct spot on the DVD releases. I just went ahead and put them in bold to be thorough.

Season 1: I've explained all of these in previous posts. I still think this order flows much better and gets rid of some contradictions, while not creating any new ones.

Season 2: "Follow the Leader" shows them getting their first canister, so should come before "Squirrelanoids"

Season 3: This is a new one I discovered. I think "Buried Secrets" should come before "A Foot too Big". This allows more time to pass for the Frogs to build their society and formulate their big plan. In turn, it allows the house getting trashed in "Foot too Big" to tie into the big clean up party at the begging of "The Croaking". Also, Donnie was still being kind of creepy towards April in "Buried Secrets", and I feel like "Foot too Big" was supposed to be a turning point for him starting to chill out.

I thought about also moving "In Dreams" earlier, to help pad out the Frog's mutation and adjustment period. It's a totally stand alone episode, so it could go either way.

Season 4: Nothing new here except I decided to throw in Half-shell Heroes for the hell of it, with a "non-canon" disclaimer. I actually watched it right after "Earth's Last Stand" and it fits well enough, but I placed it after "Bat in the Belfry" simply because it would cause less disc swapping if you were doing a marathon.

Season 5: Nothing new with the episode order, but I did push it back on the actual timeline. Ciro's art book says that the Kavaxas arc is supposed to be 1-2 years after "Owari", so I moved it from October 2015 to October 2016. I like this much better, as it gives the narrative a big breather after the season 4 finale. Doesn't hurt anything either, just makes the turtles 19 for season 5 instead of 18.
Old 02-05-2022, 04:23 PM   #37
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Season 5: Nothing new with the episode order, but I did push it back on the actual timeline. Ciro's art book says that the Kavaxas arc is supposed to be 1-2 years after "Owari", so I moved it from October 2015 to October 2016. I like this much better, as it gives the narrative a big breather after the season 4 finale. Doesn't hurt anything either, just makes the turtles 19 for season 5 instead of 18.
That’s a cool little detail. Is that a different art book to the Art of TMNT one they did a few years ago? I don’t remember that info being in there.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 01:13 PM   #38
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
That’s a cool little detail. Is that a different art book to the Art of TMNT one they did a few years ago? I don’t remember that info being in there.
Nope, same book. I also never caught it til now, pretty sure I read it at least twice when it came out lol.

Also going through and plugging in the issues of New Animated Adventures and Amazing Adventures that I consider canon. So far I’ve only counted the issues written by Kenny Byerly. I don’t think he wrote anything after #8, but I might add some other key issues as I go if they’re particularly good and easy to place.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 02-06-2022 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-07-2022, 09:43 AM   #39
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Nope, same book. I also never caught it til now, pretty sure I read it at least twice when it came out lol.
Time to pull it out for another read then, thanks
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 06:17 AM   #40
ToTheNines
[sic]

This just occurred to me, but I think the Teenage Mecha Ninja Turtles short should be on here.

I’m sure Ciro doesn’t consider it canon, but there’s nothing in it that contradicts the series. No reason to believe NYC couldn’t be rebuilt and Mikey couldn’t regain his sanity 23 years after Mutant Apocalypse.

Tags
timeline