The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-08-2017, 11:42 AM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

They decided to leave Timmy as a tragic character. In his ep in Season 1 he wants to get mutated and purposely poured down the mutagen on himself while Don and the other Turtles kept trying to pull him away. Timmy brought his fate upon himself.

I do think originally the writers planned to de-mutate him during the Season 2 era, but for some reason changed their minds. I guess they decided to leave him as a tragic character.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 12:19 PM   #22
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They decided to leave Timmy as a tragic character. In his ep in Season 1 he wants to get mutated and purposely poured down the mutagen on himself while Don and the other Turtles kept trying to pull him away. Timmy brought his fate upon himself.

I do think originally the writers planned to de-mutate him during the Season 2 era, but for some reason changed their minds. I guess they decided to leave him as a tragic character.
Originally they wanted him to be a reoccurring villain in season two. But they couldn't use him because the voice actor became unattainable when he began voicing for other projects.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:27 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Given how Mutagen Man's voice is altered by the computer module Don attached to his container, that's the most bizarre thing the writers could have said given they could have recast him easily and nobody would know the difference.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 01:53 PM   #24
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
You would be surprised, Akira Toriyama forgot about Launch in DBZ
Toriyama has forgotten half of the cast. The man's almost as absent-minded as me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Originally they wanted him to be a reoccurring villain in season two. But they couldn't use him because the voice actor became unattainable when he began voicing for other projects.
Uh... [citation needed]. Not that I don't think Smith became too busy, because he is in like 100 things a year, but since this show has never been one to shy away from recasting, I find that hard to believe.