The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-09-2017, 04:42 PM   #281
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
What if he's the voice of Batman? I could picture Batman making some kind of appearance in a Teen Titans Go movie.
Well yeah. He pops up in the show all the time.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:06 PM   #282
sdp
Megan Fox = April

sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:11 PM   #283
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I'll believe it when I see it.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:40 PM   #284
CyberCubed
Overlord

Where is that from?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:43 PM   #285
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Teen Titans Go, they love trolling the fans, I don't know why more people don't like it

Wouldn't surprise me if it happened for the new WB streaming service, especially if Go continues to be popular and Young Justice Season 3 does well in the service.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:51 PM   #286
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well Ciro Nieli needs a new job now that TMNT ended. Maybe he can go back to Teen Titans.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:47 PM   #287
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Teen Titans Go, they love trolling the fans, I don't know why more people don't like it
Said people take it personally. Which, I mean, it's definitely poking fun at them, but it's their own fault. If they weren't so ravenous and toxic about the show, it wouldn't happen. That sort of thing is why some creative types end up hating fans.

Quote:
Wouldn't surprise me if it happened for the new WB streaming service, especially if Go continues to be popular and Young Justice Season 3 does well in the service.
I would be genuinely surprised. Direct revivals of old cartoons are a rare enough phenomenon. One gone a decade would be practically unheard of. Maybe even the first.

Does Family Guy still hold the record at four years? But then, that doesn't even really count, since it doesn't really do much in the way of continuity and is more of an adult show. Which would probably leave it to Young Justice, actually, at three years.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:48 AM   #288
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Dang it, I want to believe so bad, but I know it's unlikely to happen. ( ˃̣̣̥ω˂̣̣̥ )
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:06 PM   #289
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
S

Does Family Guy still hold the record at four years? But then, that doesn't even really count, since it doesn't really do much in the way of continuity and is more of an adult show. Which would probably leave it to Young Justice, actually, at three years.
Futurama was revived like almost a decade after it was originally canceled by Fox. First they made 4 direct to DVD movies, then Comedy Central renewed the series for 52 more episodes.

Recently we also had Samurai Jack revived for a final season. And of course now Young Justice is back for Season 3.

Even more bizarre is Dragonball Super. Nobody ever believed there would be a new Dragonball series 18 years after the series and GT ended back in 1997.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:42 PM   #290
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Futurama was revived like almost a decade after it was originally canceled by Fox. First they made 4 direct to DVD movies, then Comedy Central renewed the series for 52 more episodes.

Recently we also had Samurai Jack revived for a final season. And of course now Young Justice is back for Season 3.

Even more bizarre is Dragonball Super. Nobody ever believed there would be a new Dragonball series 18 years after the series and GT ended back in 1997.
Futurama's a lot like Family Guy in that there's not exactly a lot of continuity, but I still should have remembered that.

Samurai Jack I have absolutely no damn excuse not to remember, though. There we go then. There's your winner for longest gap. The rarest of beasts, a cartoon gone over a decade, with continuity - well, sort of, it was so minor it was barely there because Jack never dabbled in continuing narrative until it returned for that final season, but it had a tiny bit, mostly because the Scotsman appeared a couple times - that came back for one last hurrah.

Dragonball Super's a little surprising, I guess, but Anime works differently. Revivals like that do happen in Japan. Full Metal Panic! has a new series coming continuing the story after a long time. Gundam started getting entries in the UC Calender again after a long time where the focus was on alternate continuities and the most it got were tiny net animations as extras. I think Inuyasha had a big comeback to wrap up. It seems a bit more common over there. But then, Inuyasha and FMP, among others, are continuing narratives that never finished their stories, so that's different from DB Super, I guess.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:20 PM   #291
CyberCubed
Overlord

Futurama actually has a lot of continuity and ongoing storylines for a comedy series though. It picked up right where it left off and concluded the Fry/Leela romance.

Futurama isn't really like Simpsons or Family Guy where time passes but nothing changes, Futurama actually had a loose narrative that went on throughout the series.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:18 PM   #292
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Futurama actually has a lot of continuity and ongoing storylines for a comedy series though. It picked up right where it left off and concluded the Fry/Leela romance.

Futurama isn't really like Simpsons or Family Guy where time passes but nothing changes, Futurama actually had a loose narrative that went on throughout the series.
That's a fair point, but it was very loose, so much so that I always watched it out of order in re-runs - I still haven't done a full series watch in order from the beginning, I should probably get on that - and never felt its effect or saw much of it. Regardless, I concede the point on Futurama.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:19 AM   #294
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Hey, for those who watch Cartoon Network, is it true that Teen Titans Go takes up about 99% of the schedule?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:29 AM   #295
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Hey, for those who watch Cartoon Network, is it true that Teen Titans Go takes up about 99% of the schedule?
It's a lot, but not that much. I think it used to be even more frequent though

Spoiler:

[x]
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:45 AM   #296
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Man, that looks awful. It looks like a boring schedule. What happened to the variety? Wow.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:09 AM   #297
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Yeah, I wish they would go back to playing multiple series in an hour block. It was nice being able to see a few different shows if I could only watch for a little while, rather than being stuck in the middle of a mini-marathon
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:33 AM   #298
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

It's interesting how a cable network that largely exists thanks to syndication deals with the overwhelming adoption of DVR and streaming culture.

Destination television is largely out of fashion, so why not put your most lucrative show on the most?
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:44 AM   #299
CyberCubed
Overlord

Am I reading that chart right? on Saturday/Sunday all CN plays is one show, Gumball for 48 hours straight?
Old 01-10-2018, 09:22 AM   #300
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Dragonball Super's a little surprising, I guess, but Anime works differently. Revivals like that do happen in Japan. Full Metal Panic! has a new series coming continuing the story after a long time. Gundam started getting entries in the UC Calender again after a long time where the focus was on alternate continuities and the most it got were tiny net animations as extras. I think Inuyasha had a big comeback to wrap up. It seems a bit more common over there. But then, Inuyasha and FMP, among others, are continuing narratives that never finished their stories, so that's different from DB Super, I guess.
Thinking about new stories like Super and the new Sakurs Card Captor (and possible new Yu Yu Hakusho), I'm surprised Sailor Moon went for a manga reboot instead of an actual continuation to their story. I'm curious what adventures they face as adults.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tothecucks