The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-18-2015, 04:30 PM   #3241
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

In the past year, I've been building up a Blu Ray collection of sorts.

Starting with some Chan:

Accompanied with the MCU:

Then some more brutal martial arts flicks:

Followed by some "all in the game, yo.":

Oh, and I just got Age of Ultron this week, but didn't take a pic yet.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 04:34 PM   #3242
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
man Xero, that's some good stuff. i always dig the vintage Jackie Chan noncomedic stuff

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 04:39 PM   #3243
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

lol Well, like I said, this just the stuff I took pics of. I also got the Seth Rogen movies, and the Lethal Weapon Collection.

I'm gonna get the Rocky flicks next.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:59 AM   #3244
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
A summary.
Well there are some detailed synopses for both movies on Wikipedia.

Anyway, as for this week's hauls, Back to the Future - 30th Anniversary Trilogy from yesterday...

...and today, Transformers: Robots in Disguise - A New Autobot Mission.

I thought that was supposed to be released next week, but it actually got released yesterday. If I had known, I could have gotten two new titles yesterday.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 05:25 PM   #3245
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Gosei Sentai Dairanger - The Complete Series
Old 10-23-2015, 08:18 PM   #3246
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Well there are some detailed synopses for both movies on Wikipedia.

Anyway, as for this week's hauls, Back to the Future - 30th Anniversary Trilogy from yesterday...

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/...psitt6t7dp.jpg

I picked that up, too! Bought it on the 21st, just so we could watch them on "BTtF" day. Also got Age of Ultron, which makes my MCU collection complete thus far.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:44 PM   #3247
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It looks like you have two of every movie,SE. One DVD a d one Blu-ray. I personally would rather just add to one catalog format.

I was wondering, is there a DVD release for all three Expendables films or just the first two together in a single release?
Old 10-23-2015, 11:36 PM   #3248
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I picked that up, too! Bought it on the 21st, just so we could watch them on "BTtF" day.
I actually pre-ordered mine from a site on the 3rd, got a shipment notification on the 17th which said that the estimated date of delivery was the 22nd. Then it got pushed back to the 23rd. Then on the 20th, the tracking information said that it reached my delivery post office, then went through sorting, and was out for delivery. Then it made it to my mailbox that same afternoon. So I lucked out. I could have just gone to a store and bought it that same day, but I ordered it online since sites tend to offer DVDs cheaper. Especially boxed sets.

Target even has their limited edition steelbook version that they sell, and the discs are fastened onto hubs. That seems to be cheaper than the regular set being offered in stores, at $29.99 (at least as of the time I'm posting about it). It's probably the version you got though, isn't it?

http://www.target.com/p/back-to-the-...+to+the+Future

Quote:
It looks like you have two of every movie,SE. One DVD a d one Blu-ray. I personally would rather just add to one catalog format.

I was wondering, is there a DVD release for all three Expendables films or just the first two together in a single release?
I don't have two of every movie that I own. In fact, I retired my 25th anniversary Back to the Future Blu-ray set and individual DVD release of the first movie this week since the 30th anniversary set that came out has all of their special features.

To which movie were you particularly referring by the way?

As for The Expendables, it looks like each movie is only available by way of individual release.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:52 AM   #3249
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I actually pre-ordered mine from a site on the 3rd, got a shipment notification on the 17th which said that the estimated date of delivery was the 22nd. Then it got pushed back to the 23rd. Then on the 20th, the tracking information said that it reached my delivery post office, then went through sorting, and was out for delivery. Then it made it to my mailbox that same afternoon. So I lucked out. I could have just gone to a store and bought it that same day, but I ordered it online since sites tend to offer DVDs cheaper. Especially boxed sets.

Target even has their limited edition steelbook version that they sell, and the discs are fastened onto hubs. That seems to be cheaper than the regular set being offered in stores, at $29.99 (at least as of the time I'm posting about it). It's probably the version you got though, isn't it?

I don't have two of every movie that I own. In fact, I retired my 25th anniversary Back to the Future Blu-ray set and individual DVD release of the first movie this week since the 30th anniversary set that came out has all of their special features.

As for The Expendables, it looks like each movie is only available by way of individual release.
I just looked through your catalog and it looked like the films on DVD repeated on Blu-ray. Which ones? BTTF, Spider-Man 3, The Outsiders, A Walk To Remember, Aladdin, Ghost, Power Rangers:The Movie, a couple of others. Nothing wrong with that all. I just prefer having one copy all on the same format. I still have the 2002 BTTF original DVD release.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:10 AM   #3250
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
I just looked through your catalog and it looked like the films on DVD repeated on Blu-ray. Which ones? BTTF, Spider-Man 3, The Outsiders, A Walk To Remember, Aladdin, Ghost, Power Rangers:The Movie, a couple of others. Nothing wrong with that all. I just prefer having one copy all on the same format. I still have the 2002 BTTF original DVD release.
Trust me, I'm not the only one who has been doing that. This one guy collects every version of a title that's released, including store exclusive versions. Store exclusive versions can be nice, but for me to want one, it has to offer something in which I'd be interested. That's primarily bonus discs with extra features and literature.

Again, I no longer have the previous Back to the Future releases. I even purged my collection of other titles on Wednesday, which included a few DVD titles of movies I bought on Blu-ray.

Also, I only own one version of A Walk to Remember. In fact, there's only one version of that movie available. I also only own one version of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie. The Blu-ray versions don't have some of the features that were on their DVD counterparts, but I decided I can live without those features.

By the way, do you know if your Back to the Future DVD set from 2002 is the version with the proper framing for the latter two movies?
Old 10-24-2015, 11:32 AM   #3251
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Trust me, I'm not the only one who has been doing that. This one guy collects every version of a title that's released, including store exclusive versions. Store exclusive versions can be nice, but for me to want one, it has to offer something in which I'd be interested. That's primarily bonus discs with extra features and literature.

Again, I no longer have the previous Back to the Future releases. I even purged my collection of other titles on Wednesday, which included a few DVD titles of movies I bought on Blu-ray.

Also, I only own one version of A Walk to Remember. In fact, there's only one version of that movie available. I also only own one version of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie. The Blu-ray versions don't have some of the features that were on their DVD counterparts, but I decided I can live without those features.

By the way, do you know if your Back to the Future DVD set from 2002 is the version with the proper framing for the latter two movies?
Like I said its just different methods of collecting. Its all cool. A couple of film recommendations if you have not seen them, The Usual Suspects and Tropic Thunder. I am guessing on things you have seen/own that you may like those.

As for the 2002 BTTF release, I got my copy for Christmas bought in November 2002. The four minutes in Part II and 2 and half misframed minutes were not corrected until the second batch of the print in late Spring the next year so I do have the misframed version of Part II and III. It never bothered me, but it is noticeable.

The only special features that are important to me or 1. deleted scenes and 2. documentary/making of the film. The rest is just extra.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:17 PM   #3252
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Like I said its just different methods of collecting. Its all cool. A couple of film recommendations if you have not seen them, The Usual Suspects and Tropic Thunder. I am guessing on things you have seen/own that you may like those.

As for the 2002 BTTF release, I got my copy for Christmas bought in November 2002. The four minutes in Part II and 2 and half misframed minutes were not corrected until the second batch of the print in late Spring the next year so I do have the misframed version of Part II and III. It never bothered me, but it is noticeable.

The only special features that are important to me or 1. deleted scenes and 2. documentary/making of the film. The rest is just extra.
I had the two DVDs that were misframed, Then universal had a thing where you mail the two discs that were messed up and they mail you the ones that were fixed.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:38 PM   #3253
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:

Mine is the blu-ray regular box set, WalMart had them for 27$. Not a bad deal for four discs worth of movies plus features.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:45 PM   #3254
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
I got the BTTF 30th anniversary complete adventures collection that included the cartoon and movies; as well as the Jurassic World collectors set with the Dino bookends

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:06 PM   #3255
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I was not sure where to post to ask, will Return of Jafar and King of Thieves be rereleased with a Diamond edition? I was wondering if I should wait to purchase them or get the double feature of the two direct to video sequels off of Ebay.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:25 PM   #3256
Ninja Arnold
Banned

My latest DVDs are a gift from an aunt. Seinfeld complete series. Yada yada yada LOL. Fans will get it.
Ninja Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:33 PM   #3257
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
I was not sure where to post to ask, will Return of Jafar and King of Thieves be rereleased with a Diamond edition? I was wondering if I should wait to purchase them or get the double feature of the two direct to video sequels off of Ebay.
They'll be coming out on Blu-ray in January in one set just like they did on DVD, but I think just as a Disney Movie Club exclusive. That's how they were supposed to be released last month, with them being available in general retail in January, but they'll definitely be available in January. I'm just not clear on what capacity.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:52 AM   #3258
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
They'll be coming out on Blu-ray in January in one set just like they did on DVD, but I think just as a Disney Movie Club exclusive. That's how they were supposed to be released last month, with them being available in general retail in January, but they'll definitely be available in January. I'm just not clear on what capacity.
I asked on both threads unaware of what was the best place to ask. I only have DVD so you believe in January both Return of Jafar and King of Thieves will be available in both formats for everyone?
Old 11-01-2015, 12:44 PM   #3259
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I picked this up today, I don''t care what people say, But I loved the movie.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:20 PM   #3260
Leo656
The Franchise

So... did you go out dressed as "Lowest Common Denominator" for Halloween this year?

Sorry, that was mean, I just couldn't help it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote