The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
Raven
follower of Jesus

Official Justice League Movie

It's official people.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/300241-300241

Along with this, Zack Snyder will be directing.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:39 PM   #2
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Finally! I knew this was coming.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:41 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

By the time this movie comes out it'll be like what...2020? Jesus I don't even want to think that far from now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:41 PM   #4
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, it'll be cool to see this finally happening.

On the other hand, seems a bit early for a JL movie. With Marvel, it took a few movies before Avengers happen, during that time introducing and building up the characters. But I guess time will tell.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:29 PM   #5
sdp
-

Well this is no surprise, but I wish they weren't tainting the new Superman movie with all these heroes just to set up the movie. I'm guessing we'll see another "DCCU" movie before JL and after Superman vs Batman though.

I wonder about a few things though, Flash is now a TV show, will he be in the movie or will he be a different version? That would be confusing and suck since they're highly praised so far. What about Green Lantern? I didn't think the movie was too bad but it's too early to reboot GL. The can't just ignore Flash and GL because one has a tv show and the other had a movie that failed.

They could have a different GL(Kyle/Jon/Guy) without rebooting the franchise and just say Hal Jordan is elsewhere keeping the first movie ambiguously in continuity and without having to have a reboot so quickly. It'd be cool if they incorporate Flash from the TV show though, especially since the MCU also has in continuity TV shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
On the other hand, seems a bit early for a JL movie. With Marvel, it took a few movies before Avengers happen, during that time introducing and building up the characters. But I guess time will tell.
That's not entirely true, the ending of Iron Man the first film that Marvel made set up the Avengers movie and after the first Iron Man became a hit they announced Avengers (originally for 2011) along with the other "origin" movies. Sure it had more "movies" but outside of iron Man the other movies came out what a year before Avengers? That's hardly what I call a good set up, they all felt rushed and advertisement for the big movie. DC is doing something similar. We'll probably have atleast one Wonder Woman/Cyborg or Batman movie in between, the JL movie won't come out until 2020.

Edit: and i was right they also announced some DC movies in development, so they're rushing JL as much as Marvel did, in fact they're pretty much copying every blueprint and move Marvel did 6 years ago.

Last edited by sdp; 04-27-2014 at 08:34 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:33 PM   #6
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Sure it had more "movies" but outside of iron Man the other movies came out what a year before Avengers? That's hardly what I call a good set up, they all felt rushed and advertisement for the big movie.
Incredible Hulk came out a month or two after Iron Man, champ. They planned well ahead.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:39 PM   #7
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Incredible Hulk came out a month or two after Iron Man, champ. They planned well ahead.
They tested the waters with those two movies, only after the first Iron Man became a hit did Marvel Studios go into any real planning mode. In fact the secret ending of iron man was intended only as a gag, and the secret ending of incredible hulk was filmed only after the first Iron Man became a hit. That's not even the point, by "rushed" I mean they just wanted origin movies our as quickly as possible for their big "Avengers" movie and don't forget how many people complained that IM2 was only a big commercial for Avengers. A "nicer" Avengers set up would be after each movie had at least one sequel.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:49 PM   #8
DonnyMac
Thug

Very excited to hear this. I have faith DC can pull this off. Having JL before solo films can help set up city characters, so we origin films may not be needed before branching off into solo films.
DonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:50 PM   #9
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
They tested the waters with those two movies, only after the first Iron Man became a hit did Marvel Studios go into any real planning mode. In fact the secret ending of iron man was intended only as a gag, and the secret ending of incredible hulk was filmed only after the first Iron Man became a hit. That's not even the point, by "rushed" I mean they just wanted origin movies our as quickly as possible for their big "Avengers" movie and don't forget how many people complained that IM2 was only a big commercial for Avengers. A "nicer" Avengers set up would be after each movie had at least one sequel.
Making plans after waters have been tested is still planning ahead. But sure, 4 years isn't enough time to plan stuff, I guess. Avengers was such a failure. You would definitely have known better.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:56 PM   #10
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Making plans after waters have been tested is still planning ahead. But sure, 4 years isn't enough time to plan stuff, I guess. Avengers was such a failure. You would definitely have known better.
Sure, but Thor and Caps failed to be the hits that Iron Man was. You're grasping at straws with my use of the word "plan" and I don't even know what you're trying to prove. My point is that this Justice League movie is just as "rushed/planned" as the Avengers movie was.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:59 PM   #11
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I'm not trying to prove anything, I was just correcting you when you said "but outside of iron Man the other movies came out what a year before Avengers?" and you took it from there.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:12 AM   #12
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Iron Man and Incredible Hulk were testing the waters in 2008. There was obviously a plan in place by Cap and Thor in 2011, for Avengers in 2012. That's not rushing.

Snyder, himself, says the Batman nods in Man of Steel weren't his idea, but a CG animator's. There was obviously no plan for Superman/Batman in place, by the time Man of Steel was released. There's no solid evidence, in the film, that they were leading to this, like Marvel's cube, Coulson, Fury. They announced the movie, only being able to name a story or two that generally inspired it. They were filming last year, and now they're still casting, and the movie has been pushed back to 2016. THIS movie is the thrown together mess.

I'm convinced we were planning a regular old Man of Steel 2, until they saw Man of Steel's mediocre box office performance, and this is a mad scramble to salvage the franchise.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:41 AM   #13
Kanon
Stone Warrior

Batman and Superman both have new movies, but what about Wonderwoman?
She is one of the main characters of the justice league and didn`t made it so far.
Hope they will think about this matter.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:32 AM   #14
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Batman and Superman both have new movies, but what about Wonderwoman?
She is one of the main characters of the justice league and didn`t made it so far.
Hope they will think about this matter.
She will be in Batman/Superman..but you probably knew that.

I'm a Superman fan, but I don't hate Batman...so don't misread what I am saying here.
There seems to be too much put into this one sequel. It needs to be a simple Man of Steel 2.

I feel that adding all these characters gives the impression DC is rushed (and they are). Follow the Marvel formula: use individual movies for the characters, and put plot elements in them to connect. Once that is done, release your Justice League movie.

I hope this works out.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:55 AM   #15
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Hooray!

I'm glad that DC are doing this shared universe in a different way to how Marvel are doing it.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:18 AM   #16
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
She will be in Batman/Superman..but you probably knew that.

I'm a Superman fan, but I don't hate Batman...so don't misread what I am saying here.
There seems to be too much put into this one sequel. It needs to be a simple Man of Steel 2.

I feel that adding all these characters gives the impression DC is rushed (and they are). Follow the Marvel formula: use individual movies for the characters, and put plot elements in them to connect. Once that is done, release your Justice League movie.
Ppfft, given the quality of movies and tv Marvel are putting out for their individual characters lately (Iron Man III, Thor II, Agents of SHIELD), I don't mind DC cutting to the chase. The Phase II build, outside of surprise smash Winter Soldier, has been rotten so far
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:36 AM   #17
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

well

Can't be that much of a bigger let down than the avengers film so I'm all for it. But when it comes to superhero films DC really drops the ball most of the time.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:05 AM   #18
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Ppfft, given the quality of movies and tv Marvel are putting out for their individual characters lately (Iron Man III, Thor II, Agents of SHIELD), I don't mind DC cutting to the chase. The Phase II build, outside of surprise smash Winter Soldier, has been rotten so far
Okay then. Let's have Batman, Cyborg, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, Superman, and whoever else all in the Man of Steel Movie. Way too rushed.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #19
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMac View Post
Very excited to hear this. I have faith DC can pull this off. Having JL before solo films can help set up city characters, so we origin films may not be needed before branching off into solo films.
My friend and I talked about this last night and we both agreed with the idea. Allow the characters to be introduced into Justice league and then have them branch out into their perspective franchises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
Can't be that much of a bigger let down than the avengers film so I'm all for it. But when it comes to superhero films DC really drops the ball most of the time.
Damn you are just trying to bait someone into a reaction
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:56 AM   #20
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Big question is: Will to be better then the first live-action Justice League movie.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote