Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Diamond is Pausing Distribution

This week could be the last NCBD for a while due to Covid 19
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:03 PM   #2
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I saw that on the DC thread. Three weeks, right? Its non-essential. Does that include digital distribution as well? First work then everything else freezes sans drive thrus. This is frustrating. Well, we will get through this with time.

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:38 PM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:52 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

So what does this mean exactly? Everything after April's releases are delayed?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:15 PM   #5
King Kahn
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I saw that on the DC thread. Three weeks, right? Its non-essential. Does that include digital distribution as well? First work then everything else freezes sans drive thrus. This is frustrating. Well, we will get through this with time.
Yeah. Wondering if digital distribution will be effected.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:50 PM   #6
Ninjinister
無問題

Y'all
I thought you were talking about the porcupine for a second. I was so confused.

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:15 PM   #7
funatic
Mad Scientist

Everyone reach out to your local comic shops and see how you can support them. This is going to hit a lot of shops hard as weekly pulls pay the rent. If you've got the funds to spare see if they sell gift certs online that you can redeem when new issues (hopefully) start rolling in again.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:53 PM   #8
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Everyone reach out to your local comic shops and see how you can support them. This is going to hit a lot of shops hard as weekly pulls pay the rent. If you've got the funds to spare see if they sell gift certs online that you can redeem when new issues (hopefully) start rolling in again.
I talked to my LCS today and alot of concern on their part and rightfully so...I plan on continuing my normal weekly spending with them on other products in the shop in some way or another until they get back rolling again with the new issues.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:05 PM   #9
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
I talked to my LCS today and alot of concern on their part and rightfully so...I plan on continuing my normal weekly spending with them on other products in the shop in some way or another until they get back rolling again with the new issues.
I'm in Mass and starting today all non-essential businesses were ordered to close their doors for a couple weeks, possibly longer. No on-site retail allowed. Came just a day before new comics hit the shelf too—pretty rough. Wouldn't be surprised if the whole country slowly gets to that level of closure. Better safe than sorry but if this extends longer than a few weeks I anticipate a dark age for the LCS.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:24 PM   #10
TommyT
Stone Warrior

LOL 3 weeks.

It will be closer to 6 months.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:18 AM   #11
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
I'm in Mass and starting today all non-essential businesses were ordered to close their doors for a couple weeks, possibly longer. No on-site retail allowed. Came just a day before new comics hit the shelf too—pretty rough. Wouldn't be surprised if the whole country slowly gets to that level of closure. Better safe than sorry but if this extends longer than a few weeks I anticipate a dark age for the LCS.
Ours were given a 48 hour leeway so they close tonight at 5:30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
LOL 3 weeks.

It will be closer to 6 months.
Only if people can't get their s**t together and do what they're supposed to. If they'd done that in the first place we wouldn't even have to go this far.

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:32 PM   #12
Jazzfox
Random Punk

Was gonna open a new topic, but felt this was probably close enough here that it should be posted here...

https://www.idwpublishing.com/a-lett...ative-officer/

Chris Ryall with a letter to the comic industry here...

Am I right in reading this then that this means as of May this means no more turtles for a while, even in digital?

(Please excuse any long time in replies, sometimes offline for long periods!)
Jazzfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:43 AM   #13
TommyT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Ours were given a 48 hour leeway so they close tonight at 5:30.

Only if people can't get their s**t together and do what they're supposed to. If they'd done that in the first place we wouldn't even have to go this far.
It will be 6 months to a year minimum.
And this is going to permanently wound, and potentially kill the comicbook industry as we know it.

Digital will come back, but flopies and graphic novels are already on their last legs.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:52 AM   #14
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

I really hope that isn't the case. I don't like the idea of my books needing batteries. I'm also fond of having a nice collection of books to display and show off. Having a library to escape into is nice.

I hope there's a resurgence after this mess is over.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:23 AM   #15
frank_one
Stone Warrior

Every industry will be affected, none will be killed. There's no need to panic, physical comic books won't stop to exist. Nothing really will stop to exist. This world has survived worse situations, give it time and it will recover its wounds. All we need to do now is to be safe and to stay at home. Spreading panic doesn't help now.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:45 PM   #16
TommyT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Every industry will be affected, none will be killed. There's no need to panic, physical comic books won't stop to exist. Nothing really will stop to exist. This world has survived worse situations, give it time and it will recover its wounds. All we need to do now is to be safe and to stay at home. Spreading panic doesn't help now.
Hey, remember that time the black death wiie out half of the worlds population?

People will still make comics, sure, but the methode of distribution, and its format will go away.

Comic shops are some of the worst run businesses around, and for more than 5 years now, its been one disaster after another. All the noise around comics gate, all the problems with circulation, the rise in indie books and #1’s from eatablisment publishers, the ridiculous relaunches, variant cover overload, and cover prices soaring.

TLDR; sales were already in the dumpster, now said dumpster is on fire.
Comic shops are going with grandma.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:32 PM   #17
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

You lost me at Black Death
Old 03-26-2020, 01:48 PM   #18
frank_one
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Hey, remember that time the black death wiie out half of the worlds population?
This is not Black Death and we are not in 1300. We need to take this situation very seriously, like we are doing here in Italy, but we also need to be realistic. We can deal with this virus, it caught us unawares and this is why a lot of people are dying, but we can beat it and we are already doing it. There's no need to panic.
Still, I sense your fear and I understand it, Tommy. This is something we were not prepared to, something that is causing pain all over the world, putting our lives in standby. They said it was a flu and someone still think it is, but it's not. The foolishness of our leaders allowed the virus to spread and at a given time they will pay like we are paying with the lives of our beloved ones taken away but not now. This is the time to fight, to survive. This is not the end of the world, like it wasn't with the Black Death. We will recover.
Stay safe, my friend, for yourself and the ones you love. Don't be afraid.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:21 PM   #19
TommyT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
We need to take this situation very seriously, like we are doing here in Italy, but we also need to be realistic. We can deal with this virus, it caught us unawares and this is why a lot of people are dying.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Go to the beginning of this thread.

Start reading. WE WERE ALL MADE AWARE in January. Nobody reacted. People are still not reacting. it's still a joke.

The info was there, for all of us to read, but just like so many other impending disasters, we move TOO SLOWLY because IDIOTS claim false news, from conspiracies about propaganda, to devout beliefs of salvation.
So thank the idiots for their help in spreading the virus.

Quote:
I also don't think it's terribly more fatal than the regular bout of flu. A bit, maybe, but it seems like the media is exacerbating things in the ole spinjob to try and create a panic and nosedive the economy to do what Russia and impeachment did not, if you catch my drift.
Even two weeks ago, he was still "bah, this is just the dems trying too" LOLOLOLOLOL.
Old Yesterday, 03:45 AM   #20
Mayhem
Mad Scientist

I spoke to my comic store yesterday to see what's what their end and how they will cope. They won't be taking time off immediately, they still have APR codes to order in Diamond (that's still going ahead afaik) but after that, catching up on deliveries and sending them out to people with pull lists such as myself. They predict at least three months if not six at least before Diamond gets going again but don't know if previews will happen in May and ordering still happens, or everything halts entirely.

So the last things TMNT wise they said we will get are PR/TMNT crossover #4, Jennika #2, Urban Legends #22, and TMNT #104. So that's three series left hanging right at the end.