The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-14-2016, 11:28 PM   #1
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

AMC's The Walking Dead

I don't think there's a real Walking Dead forum here, so I figured I'd start one.

For one, episode 609, 'No Way Out', which aired tonight is hands down my favorite episode of the whole show.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 04:38 AM   #2
ToTheNines
[sic]

Amidst the deaths and maimings, this episode had an awesome triumphant feeling to it. A lot of characters stepped up.

Was completely caught off guard by the Saviors sequence lol.

Although, the hatchet/hand scene played out WAY better in the comics. Also, didnt understand why "W" had a change in heart.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:54 AM   #3
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

I liked the way the hatchet scene played out. In the comics, it's much more terrifying, while this was like a dream sequence. It's different, but nice.

But that ending montage of Rick's group making a last stand against the walkers... Probably my favorite moment in the whole show.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:33 PM   #4
Slade
god status

I think there's a thread for this show somewhere, it just gets no love.

Anyway, I do watch this, I just get extremely bored with it in the middle of the seasons usually. But this episode here, was f*cking fantastic!!
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:42 PM   #5
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

I think this last episode was one of the best of the series. I was starting to get bored with the series but this roped me back in.
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:25 AM   #6
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

I'm one of the few that's really liked this season. 601, 602, 603, 604, and 606 were great. 607's nothing special, and 605 and 608 were crap.

But 609? God, that was the best episode of the whole series.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:48 AM   #7
Hero
British Bloke

Best episode yet 6.09. Looking forward to the introduction of Paul Monroe next weekend.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:34 PM   #8
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

I stopped watching after Beth dies in what season 5. So stupid. But everyone is saying this season is one of the best so I might have to check it out.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:07 PM   #9
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Why was it stupid? Aside from the fact that she basically caused her own death when she tried to kill that be-otch cop in the hospital. But honestly, the chick had it coming after everything she did. Or looked the other way on, in some cases. But Beth should have known not to tangle directly with a trained combatant (aka cop). Or maybe just, y'know, had better aim with the scalpel.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:21 PM   #10
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Why was it stupid? Aside from the fact that she basically caused her own death when she tried to kill that be-otch cop in the hospital. But honestly, the chick had it coming after everything she did. Or looked the other way on, in some cases. But Beth should have known not to tangle directly with a trained combatant (aka cop). Or maybe just, y'know, had better aim with the scalpel.
You pretty much summed it up. The cop had a gun, they were going to make the trade scotch free, you could've waited ect. There was so much wrong with the way that she died, it was needless and stupid. Just as I was beginning to like Beth she goes and gets herself killed. I mean, get a gun or something not some tiny ass scissors.
This is a case of grit your teeth and walk away.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:00 PM   #11
Hero
British Bloke

Big season finale this weekend. Anyone else tuning in?
Old 04-02-2016, 01:17 PM   #12
ToTheNines
[sic]

Yes, very excited. I initially thought they were rushing into the whole Negan thing, and I was even kinda annoyed that they were even bothering to adapt the character considering his particular brand of swearing, but now that it's upon us... Gotta admit I'm really into it.

Although I feel like Carol is toast and that's going to put a real bad taste in my mouth. Despite her random and not so plausible crisis, she's still my favorite character. And when they show catches up to the comic she would be a great foil to the current Big Bad. So if she dies it'll be a complete waste.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:28 PM   #13
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
You pretty much summed it up. The cop had a gun, they were going to make the trade scotch free, you could've waited ect. There was so much wrong with the way that she died, it was needless and stupid. Just as I was beginning to like Beth she goes and gets herself killed. I mean, get a gun or something not some tiny ass scissors.
This is a case of grit your teeth and walk away.

I think she just couldn't stand by and walk away knowing what she did. She knew that the lady needed to be taken down and that none of her own people were going to do it. She acted on gut feelings and her own sense of justice, but it went sour. So yeah, in that sense it was stupid of her to try that the way she did, but she knew it was her best chance to stop what was happening there. It just went very sour, and in that respect, it was a tragic loss. Beth just wasn't good enough to do it without getting herself killed. Truthfully, I'm surprised she lasted as long as she did with being as unskilled as she was.

Old 04-02-2016, 01:32 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Can't wait to see Daryl die this Sunday.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:36 PM   #15
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Oh, gawds, I HOPE not! He's one of the best characters on the show, and one of the three biggest draws for fans (Besides Rick and Glenn). I'd HOPE they wouldn't be stupid enough to kill him off. I've especially liked his interactions with Carol, and he's had some of the best character arcs in the show.

Old 04-02-2016, 01:40 PM   #16
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Can't wait to see Daryl die this Sunday.
I always felt like he'd have the biggest impact, dying by Lucille's hand. Rick, Carl and Michonne have plot armor, Glenn died the exact same way in the comics, so Daryl's the only logical choice right?

It wouldn't have the same impact, but it could be cool to see Morgan take the bat too though...

Morgan: Because all life is precious.

Negan: No it's not. *thwack*
Old 04-02-2016, 01:41 PM   #17
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I think either Abraham or Glenn meet Lucille in the finale. No way they'd have Carol in that role. The backlash would be insane.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:46 PM   #18
ToTheNines
[sic]

Abraham would be kind of weird, since Denise just stole his death two weeks ago. But it could happen.
Old 04-02-2016, 03:41 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I think either Abraham or Glenn meet Lucille in the finale.
Can rule out Glenn because there's already been 3 fakeouts this season. That'd be pretty lame if they just killed him after that. And nobody cares about Abraham.

It'll be Daryl. His arc has been over for many seasons now... his only good contribution at this point would be his death.

Here's how it'll happen, roughly (I'm betting): everyone will be laid out like in the comics, Negan will eenie, meeny, miny moe it... and choose GLENN. Cue the audience going, "Whoa, just like in the comics!" But then Daryl steps forward, feels bad because Glenn is a father to be, roars at Negan that he should pick him instead, that he's the guy that bazookaed his men in their first encounter. Negan agrees... and Daryl gets batted to death.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 05:10 PM   #20
Hero
British Bloke

Carl is definitely off limits. There are stories from the comics yet to be adapted/hodge-podged that involve he and Negan after the major Lucille death.

Definitely Daryl or Glenn. I don't think AMC will go ahead with the mystery death that many fan groups have speculated on. Something like that can not be sustained for the next 7 months.