The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-05-2014, 03:19 PM   #161
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Yeah, I'm another one of those people that held the physical DVDs in my hand but I didn't get them because at the time I would have had to ask my mother for the money and... a few years ago she was not happy with my cartoon-watching habits.

I've gotten seriously tempted to shell out the cash for the season 2 discs myself. I just can't understand that steep price when the show is so readily available on YouTube, it doesn't justify it.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #162
Leo656
The Franchise

I guess there really are *just enough* people like me out there, whose internet connection dies every five minutes or less, who would rather just say "screw it" and call the outrageous expense a "hassle fee" for the privilege of having a physical copy to watch whenever it was convenient.

I could never watch TV shows online if I wanted to. I had to reset my connection twice just in the time it took to type this.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #163
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Jesus. You might want to look into getting that issue rectified if you can afford it. I've lived with terrible internet. It's not living, really.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:10 PM   #164
Leo656
The Franchise

Eh, I've had 5 year breaks of no internet. Frankly, I didn't miss it. Once you're off it, you become acutely aware of how bad it's messed society up. But that's neither here nor there.

We actually had a guy come look at it yesterday and they're supposed to come back tomorrow, but basically we're just in a bad area. There's tons of trees everywhere, and apparently something about the type of metal in the walls might be disrupting the internet signal. I don't know. It just proves my point that we're rushing towards an all-digital/always "online" society far too quickly, because some people simply can't participate, and that isn't something we should aspire to, anyway. But I know I'm never going to win that argument, until Skynet finally takes over and I get to say "I told you so" from atop a smoking, burnt-out husk.

Old 07-05-2014, 04:49 PM   #165
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Eh, I've had 5 year breaks of no internet. Frankly, I didn't miss it. Once you're off it, you become acutely aware of how bad it's messed society up. But that's neither here nor there.

We actually had a guy come look at it yesterday and they're supposed to come back tomorrow, but basically we're just in a bad area. There's tons of trees everywhere, and apparently something about the type of metal in the walls might be disrupting the internet signal. I don't know. It just proves my point that we're rushing towards an all-digital/always "online" society far too quickly, because some people simply can't participate, and that isn't something we should aspire to, anyway. But I know I'm never going to win that argument, until Skynet finally takes over and I get to say "I told you so" from atop a smoking, burnt-out husk.
hahaha, that actually made me laugh..I know about bad internet(although mine appears not nearly as bad as yours I m sorry...and I like living without any internet, too..I mean that is the way I grew up anyway, without computers..it CANT be that people forget how to cope with life without an online connection in just a few decadeshahahaha
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:56 PM   #166
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
hahaha, that actually made me laugh..I know about bad internet(although mine appears not nearly as bad as yours I m sorry...and I like living without any internet, too..I mean that is the way I grew up anyway, without computers..it CANT be that people forget how to cope with life without an online connection in just a few decadeshahahaha
I feel the same way about mobile phones. I don't own one, and I don't understand why people feel the need to be contactable at all times. Don't even get me started on people who play with their phones when you're on a date with them.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:42 AM   #167
Leo656
The Franchise

Good LORD, the arguments my boss and I have about cell phones, specifically "smart" phones. See, at our gym, it's more or less company policy that all staff go online multiple times a day to check schedules, update their calendar, etc., which wouldn't be SO bad, if not for my spotty connection at home and the fact that someone is always using the work computer, so I sometimes can only check it every other day or so. And if I'm really, really busy with actual work, I sometimes forget. So, he constantly hassles me to get a smart phone so he can send me emails 24/7, which I've repeatedly countered with, "I'll absolutely be able to use one if YOU pay for the phone itself and the monthly bill is equal to or less than the $35 a month I pay now". Ain't no way I'm shelling out money for a smart phone and getting locked into a contract, just so my boss can add an appointment to my calendar at midnight and I can still check it. He constantly comes back with, "We live in a modern age, and we use modern technology, this isn't the 1960s," which I counter with, "Well, the gym business is about 6 decades old, and somehow, people managed just fine before all this stuff, so I don't see why it's essential now." Part of it is, I like to disconnect from people and NOT always be "on call", and I'm easy enough to get a hold of anyway.

I'unno, I'm an old fuddy-duddy, I know. It's just that I've gone through long stretches with no cell, no internet, even (gasp) no cable TV, so when I see how balls-deep people are into their tech, it kind of disturbs me. What if "Escape From L.A." happens? THEN where will you all be? EH?

(Unless, by chance, you happen to be Kurt Russell, in which case, you'll apparently be just fine...)

Old 07-06-2014, 12:21 PM   #168
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

[QUOTE=Leo656;1297973]Good LORD, the arguments my boss and I have about cell phones, specifically "smart" phones. See, at our gym, it's more or less company policy that all staff go online multiple times a day to check schedules, update their calendar, etc., which wouldn't be SO bad, if not for my spotty connection at home and the fact that someone is always using the work computer, so I sometimes can only check it every other day or so. And if I'm really, really busy with actual work, I sometimes forget. So, he constantly hassles me to get a smart phone so he can send me emails 24/7, which I've repeatedly countered with, "I'll absolutely be able to use one if YOU pay for the phone itself and the monthly bill is equal to or less than the $35 a month I pay now". Ain't no way I'm shelling out money for a smart phone and getting locked into a contract, just so my boss can add an appointment to my calendar at midnight and I can still check it. He constantly comes back with, "We live in a modern age, and we use modern technology, this isn't the 1960s," which I counter with, "Well, the gym business is about 6 decades old, and somehow, people managed just fine before all this stuff, so I don't see why it's essential now." Part of it is, I like to disconnect from people and NOT always be "on call", and I'm easy enough to get a hold of anyway.

hahaha, I agree with both of you!..I never had nor desired a cell phone either..until my boss was pissed off that I was never contactable during working hours(this was during civilian services and I was mobile, so a pretty great time back then..)
I don't even THINK about comming any further into that direction your boss is indicating..being available to work 24/7, **** that!

I also happen to LOVE john carpenter movies and kurt russel movies, the ending of escape from la is a pretty nice turn I think..
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:03 PM   #169
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Hey, I'm young and I've never had nor desired a phone either. The most comparable thing I have is an android device that operates only on wifi, but it ISN'T a phone so it's useless when I leave the house. I don't want a phone because I don't want to be contactable 24/7.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #170
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

The answer: Everything, but in the wrong places.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #171
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
I don't want a phone because I don't want to be contactable 24/7.
This, exactly. If I'm out at the shops or something, I don't want to be interrupted. If I'm hanging out with someone, I don't want to be interrupted. Not to mention I have very few contacts anyway, so whatever it is can wait til I get home; that's what answering machines are for.

I have to be chained to a desk and a phone five days out of the week when I'm at work - when I'm not at work, I don't even want to pick one of the damn things up to order a pizza (I'll use online ordering instead! ). To me, mobile phones = being tied down (and not in the good way, haha); it's impossible for me to truly relax and have "me" time and unwind if I've got a mobile phone along.

I really don't understand how it got to be so that people can't cope without them. I find it really bizarre.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:12 PM   #172
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I'unno, I'm an old fuddy-duddy, I know. It's just that I've gone through long stretches with no cell, no internet, even (gasp) no cable TV, so when I see how balls-deep people are into their tech, it kind of disturbs me. What if "Escape From L.A." happens? THEN where will you all be? EH?

(Unless, by chance, you happen to be Kurt Russell, in which case, you'll apparently be just fine...)

Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:16 AM   #173
Longview01
Foot Soldier

I got rid of my mobile phone 5 years ago and have never looked back.

Won't get one ever again now
Longview01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #174
THGhost
Puppet Master

Question

Having got hold of season 1 and Turtles Forever, I seriously cannot be bothered tracking down the rest of this show because I'm too darn poor. I have the rest downloaded so I'm fine for now, even though desperately want everything.
I keep finding AU DVDs on eBay but they only ever ship to AU
You'd think Nickelodeon would have done something by now after acquiring the rights for so much money and releasing Turtles Forever. What are people's thoughts on this show's chances of getting re-released on DVD after the Nick series finishes and/or the Liebesman/Bay movie comes out?

Last edited by THGhost; 07-09-2014 at 07:21 PM.
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #175
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

If we don't get anything until after the 2k12 show ends, I am going to be very, very cross. I'm holding out on paying for the more expensive DVDs until the 2k14 movie comes out just in case, but another thing I'd like to note:

Tweet to @NickelodeonDVD and politely request a full re-release of the 2003 TMNT. If enough people do it, somebody over there is bound to do something about it, since they seem to be taking their time to reply to the people that request it.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:17 PM   #176
Panther10
Hench Mutant

I'm sure this question has been asked in the past, but now that IDW owns all of Mirage's assets (to a fault) is it possible they also claim the rights to the 4kids tv series? Could they possibly go out of their way to release more dvd sets like they did with the Ultimate collection books? Does a comic book company like IDW have that kind of leeway?
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:12 AM   #177
TurtleGuy
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Ah yes.
http://i.imgur.com/MgGgijj.png
Because this ******** makes sense.
HOLY CRAP!!! I totally freaking lucked out on getting Season 1 part 1 for only $5 new at DD's a few years ago.

And no, I'm not selling it. I buy DVD's to watch, not scalp like a scuzzbucket.
TurtleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:26 AM   #178
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I got both parts to season 1 relatively cheap. I think I snagged part 2 for $10 when I got it, not sure about part 1. That one might have been... $20. DUN DUN DUUUUNNN!
Old 07-10-2014, 05:57 AM   #179
THGhost
Puppet Master

Thumbs up

I found season 1 part 1 on Amazon US for $35.62 and part 2 on eBay UK for £12.99 (roughly $22) and relatively recently a copy of the uncut/widescreen Turtles Forever turned up on Amazon UK for £5.25 (roughly $9).

Quote:
Tweet to @NickelodeonDVD and politely request a full re-release of the 2003 TMNT. If enough people do it, somebody over there is bound to do something about it, since they seem to be taking their time to reply to the people that request it.
I'll do that. After begging Shout! Factory to somehow acquire the rights I'll try anything.
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #180
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

I'd be really happy if they did re-release the 2k3 series. I won't get my hopes up though. I remember someone saying on some other forum that if the movie did well and the Nick series was successful they would consider re-releasing the 2k3 show on DVD. Probably just a rumor.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd, dvd releases