The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-15-2017, 10:06 PM   #161
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Humans- the OTHER white meat LOL!!!
Considering how much processed crap we eat these days, I'm not sure if eating humans is good for tigers and sharks anymore.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:59 PM   #162
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
This comes to mind....

https://youtu.be/D2GCxWnbCAk

The last 10 seconds or so is so apropos....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 07:35 AM   #163
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Sometimes, I think humans are the lower life forms with how they keep making dumb decisions at times.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:33 AM   #164
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Well, first of all, how would he even know if there's human meat in there? Unless CyberCubed is a cannibal, how could he know what human meat tastes like?
That's exactly my point! We don't have a magic ability to immediately identify the type of meat that we're eating. We can identify meat that we've eaten before
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 09:49 AM   #165
Vegita-San
Emperor

falling in love at first site is ridiculously easy.

finding the time to properly talk to that person, when all you do is usually meet them at shopping malls, food stores, or just walking about, is totally different..

sigh. at this rate i'll be single till i'm dead. damn social anxiety.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:36 AM   #166
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
No it isn't, that's just attraction. You literally can't "fall in love" with someone when you don't know their personality or anything about them. I see cute girls all the time, it doesn't mean it's "love at first sight." You're just attracted to the way they look.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:51 AM   #167
newfan
Mad Scientist

Love and 'In love' are different things.. the 'In love' feeling (chemistry) can come along more quickly but not for every attractive person you see. Some people you just have a spark or connection with early on (sometimes the person's not even that attractive) and others you don't.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:57 PM   #168
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
No it isn't, that's just attraction. You literally can't "fall in love" with someone when you don't know their personality or anything about them. I see cute girls all the time, it doesn't mean it's "love at first sight." You're just attracted to the way they look.
And it's worse when you're a teenager and your hormones are raging. You "fall in love" everyday when you're 15-19.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:56 PM   #169
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

Not true. Love at first sight DOES exist and is completely different from finding someone attractive. Example- I thought Chris Evans was very attractive/sexy the first time I saw him in a movie but I'd hardly call that "love at first sight". And I've met plenty of good looking guys that I never fell in love with. In contrast, I met a guy from a different state while on a school-related trip, and fell in love right away. So much so that we kept in touch for over a year in a long-distance relationship. And he was attractive but that wasn't what drew me to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Love and 'In love' are different things.. the 'In love' feeling (chemistry) can come along more quickly but not for every attractive person you see. Some people you just have a spark or connection with early on (sometimes the person's not even that attractive) and others you don't.

This is exactly on the money.

Old 09-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #170
Prowler
Emperor

I think, a lot of times, "love at first sight" is used by people who immediately took a liking to their partner the first time or so they've met. It's that sort of spark many people feel when they meet a nice looking or appealing person and then try to date them... which often does not work out at all or the relationship eventually dies off as the flame goes away.

Infatuation and lust at first sight are definitely real, but I'd say "love" is developed through time. I mean, you don't know a person well enough in the first few times you meet them, so if anything you'll like the idea of what that person is in your mind. I think part of loving someone is accepting their flaws and shortcomings.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:37 PM   #171
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Not true. Love at first sight DOES exist and is completely different from finding someone attractive. Example- I thought Chris Evans was very attractive/sexy the first time I saw him in a movie but I'd hardly call that "love at first sight". And I've met plenty of good looking guys that I never fell in love with. In contrast, I met a guy from a different state while on a school-related trip, and fell in love right away. So much so that we kept in touch for over a year in a long-distance relationship. And he was attractive but that wasn't what drew me to him.

there are certain things to a person that I would consider 'love at first site'.
looks are a part of it, but it's also the easy going ness of the face, that shows they more than not usually have a happy easy going attitude that goes with the flow that also helps too..

IT doesn't happen that often, but every now and then all you have to do is look at a person, get a look back and think 'yeah, I might be able to mesh perfectly with them if we ever gotta chance to meet and chat'.. it's the chance to meet and chat in a proper reception that's tough .
Old 09-16-2017, 03:56 PM   #172
CyberCubed
Overlord

You literally still don't know anything about someones personality, past, or quirks just by looking at them though. This sounds like something a teenager would say when they're in school and see someone sitting in class they think they love just because of what they look like.

Even the best looking person in the world could have a terrible personality or be unpleasant to be around.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:51 PM   #173
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I have to agree with Cubed on this one. You can be attracted to someone, but you don't know if you love them until you get to know them. I didn't feel that way about my ex when I first met him. We became friends first and then it developed into more. It was going great and then things changed and I felt there were just certain things about him that didn't appeal to me such as him not keeping in touch with me like I had asked since I couldn't see him. I just decided it was time to move on and just felt it would be better if I was single anyway.

Relationships are fine for people who want them, but I just feel that since I didn't want to get married or have kids anyway, there was no point to letting the relationship last.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:47 AM   #174
newfan
Mad Scientist

I'm not trying to drag this one out too much but I'm wondering if Vegita-San is talking about that spark (chemistry/in-love feeling) or actual love? As I said before they are different. (it looks like you are describing the first?)
I don't think that you can actually love someone when you don't know them, you come to love people, their person.
However, you can feel in-love with someone without knowing them well, it's more than just being attracted to someone but it isn't the actual love.

Last edited by newfan; 09-17-2017 at 04:55 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:07 AM   #175
Vegita-San
Emperor

maybe true love at first site isn't the best term anymore. need something new to describe the feeling of 'yeah, i think i can gel instantly with this person if we ever got to talking'..
Old 09-17-2017, 08:21 AM   #176
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
what site do you use?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:38 AM   #177
Vegita-San
Emperor

my eyes and just looking around .
Old 09-17-2017, 11:14 AM   #178
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Having experienced it first-hand, I'd say that chemistry is a big part of it. But that "spark" is far more than just whether of not they are attractive. It also encompasses pheromones, voice, and other non-visual cues. In my case, it was all in the way he talked and his expressions. We connected emotionally from day one. In fact, We only ever physically spent the week of the school event together, but the chemistry and spark were there from the first day we met. Can't really explain it other than to say that yes, it was love at first sight- but had little to do with actual appearance. (Though he was kind of cute, which didn't hurt.) I guess I could say I fell in love with his voice more than his looks!

Old 09-17-2017, 12:50 PM   #179
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Sometimes, I ask myself this:

Will the TMNT franchise be in financial ruins?

( I am worried about the state of the franchise sometimes.)
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:54 PM   #180
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Honestly, this is not something I expected to see today, but now I don't know how it isn't more of a running joke

Spoiler: