The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-16-2017, 02:25 PM   #1
k_lala
Hench Mutant

One Episode

Hey, if you had to introduce the series to someone who's never watch the show before. And you had to give him ONE episode to watch, to give him an idea of what the show was about what would it be and why?
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:29 PM   #2
ABrown
Banned

Given the storybook nature of the series, I think pretty much the only episode that you can show is the first one. It wasn't a very episodic show like the first cartoon was.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:35 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

The first episode. Literally that episode alone should be enough to get people interested.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:43 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

I can't see why you'd pick anything but the first...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:21 PM   #5
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

If not the first episode, "Hun on the Run." It prominently features Bishop and Hun, the two good 4Kids originals.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:31 PM   #6
ToTheNines
[sic]

If they were a Mirage fan, maybe Kirby and the Warp Crystal? That's the most faithful adaption.

Otherwise... Things Change.

I've watched the Christmas and Halloween episodes with friends a couple times over the years. Those certainly didn't convert any viewers.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:37 PM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

If it was someone who's never seen the show before but is a tmnt fan, Id show them turtles forever. Otherwise, the first episode.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:04 PM   #8
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

The first episode of course is the one episode that would be recommended as other stated above. Outside of 'Things Change' though I would say the two part 'Shredder Strikes' episodes 10 and 11.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:20 PM   #9
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Obvious answer is "Things Change", but if we were to go on hard mode, I'd go with "Hun on the Run" or "The Darkness Within". Lots of good character moments in those two episodes.

For 'Hun on the Run', we get some really fun dynamics between the bad guys: Hun hates Karai, but has to save her; Stockman hates both of them, but has to work under the employ of the Shredder, whom he hates more. Plus some great Bishop v. Hun action.

'Darkness Within' is definitely a weird one but gives you a pretty well-rounded look at the turtles' more private thoughts. Definitely should be an introduction to the 4Kids series more for the otherwise versed TMNT fan rather than someone who doesn't know the turtles at all, who'll just think it's a f*cked up weird ass show.

Last edited by TheSkeletonMan939; 03-17-2017 at 08:25 PM.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:25 AM   #10
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
If not the first episode, "Hun on the Run." It prominently features Bishop and Hun, the two good 4Kids originals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Obvious answer is "Things Change", but if we were to go on hard mode, I'd go with "Hun on the Run" or "The Darkness Within". Lots of good character moments in those two episodes.

For 'Hun on the Run', we get some really fun dynamics between the bad guys: Hun hates Karai, but has to save her; Stockman hates both of them, but has to work under the employ of the Shredder, whom he hates more. Plus some great Bishop v. Hun action.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the Hun On The Run episode. But how is someone who's never seen the show before going to have any idea what's going on? Specifically, what events happened thus far in the series that have lead up to that episode. I just don't think someone could possibly appreciate the episode without having seen the show to that point.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:56 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think the 2k3 series is hard to recommend just one episode because unlike the original cartoon or even Nick cartoon, so many of the episodes are connected to one another or multi-parters, that it's hard to jump in anywhere in the middle and not be confused.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:43 PM   #12
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Fallen Angel.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:07 AM   #13
Stephen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
Hey, if you had to introduce the series to someone who's never watch the show before. And you had to give him ONE episode to watch, to give him an idea of what the show was about what would it be and why?
"Reflections", since that's a very condensed version of the first season.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:05 AM   #14
BYWInsaniac
Thug

Re:

For what it's worth, I think if someone is a fan of the Turtles then you can skip around 2k3 without being too lost. I say that from experience.

I've never been able to get into 2k3 starting at the beginning. I've tried 3 or 4 times, but always lose interested 13 episodes in or so. I've jumped around, though, watching the highly recommended episodes or the adaptations of Mirage arcs that I like.

I'm certain that there's a whole other layer if you watch everything in order, but I definitely don't think you have to watch it in order to enjoy it.

So with that, as a super casual viewer, I really liked the "Turtles in Space" arc, and I loved the episode that adapts the Leo One-Shot. And while it's not a great starting point, "Insane in the Membrane" was freekin amazing.

-JJ
BYWInsaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:13 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

Season 1 has the most cohesive and down to earth narrative of all the seasons, and some of the best Shredder episodes until Season 3.

I don't see what there is to lose interest in. The few fillers inbetween are harmless and there aren't many either.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:50 PM   #16
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonside View Post
For the 4Kids cartoon - its actually a hard sell with most people.

But I was won over by the Battle Nexus. So start em off on that arc.
I wasn't too keen on that one even though I thought it was really good. I think maybe because I found it too mystical. I like the TMNT episodes that incorporate the mystic and science fiction into everyday New York although there were some more fantasy/sci-fi episodes that I enjoyed.

I think this really illustrates that it depends on the interests of the person you're trying to introduce. Battle Nexus, is a great arc, but I don't think it would have hooked me personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You should go back and watch those seasons, plenty of good episodes.
Yeah, I think people tend to remember the overall style which I don't believe worked and the bad ones. I think most shows have series like that for instance in another show I like (Babylon 5), everyone seems to hate the last series but in spite of that it has some really good episodes.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:00 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

Battle Nexus arc was one of my favorites, there was so many good subplots going on it too at the same time. It's not like it only focused on the tournament itself, but also everything with Draco and the Ultimate Ninja, Usagi's appearance, the huge vortex at the end, etc.