Notices

Old 12-01-2015, 06:56 AM   #41
bushido
Stone Warrior

Hope it's not an adaptation of the next movie
Old 12-01-2015, 07:20 AM   #42
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior

An IDW based tmnt game eh? Cool! It would be also nice if they got the 2k3 voices for the turtles.

This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:43 AM   #43
Peanut
Second Gear

Let's all just remember to keep our expectations in check. We don't yet know what kind of budget this thing is shooting for and that will dictate a lot of what they're allowed to do with the game.

If anything, I see this being a Legend of Korra sized download only title, which probably isn't what any of us want, but is most likely closer to what the market will sustain. I'm just hoping for co-op.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:50 AM   #44
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I have played and finished Bayonetta on 360 Metal gear Revengace, Korra, and Tranformers Devastation on pc. Cant wait for it!! I hope they will make me impossible to be defeated even on the easiets difficutly! Day one buy from Steam and will play it 4K DSR 60 FPS max settings on my core i5 2500k 3,3ghz GTX 970 G1 GAMING 4GB 12 GB DDR 3 1600 MHZ!! CANT WAIT FOR IT!!!! WE WANT IT NOW!!!
Old 12-01-2015, 08:11 AM   #45
sluggedup226
Foot Soldier

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pag...0tWHsHBG9lWpXU
According to the classification site, it's rating is based on violence and online interactivity. So I assume that means online co op?
sluggedup226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:14 AM   #46
MrTrikey
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Let's all just remember to keep our expectations in check. We don't yet know what kind of budget this thing is shooting for and that will dictate a lot of what they're allowed to do with the game.

If anything, I see this being a Legend of Korra sized download only title, which probably isn't what any of us want, but is most likely closer to what the market will sustain. I'm just hoping for co-op.
Nah, I disagree.

Even Transformers got a retail release for a budgeted price, and as much as I love G1 TF, it's a brand that doesn't have nearly the kind of widespread affection among a larger, general audience that TMNT does. And having a space on retail shelves is what you ideally want for a product that's even aiming more for "middle tier" market than the high-end AAA/AAAA.

The main reason Korra was made a download-only title was likely due to the fact that it was, as was stated in some press releases, meant to be the thing that "tested the waters" for Activision and P*'s continued relationship. Both parties were pleased, so obviously, that's where TF: Devastation and now TMNT came from.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:03 AM   #47
Peanut
Second Gear

I agree with you. I just want this section to keep expectations in check, because previous game releases have turned into an absolute sh*t storm on this forum.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:06 AM   #48
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Great news!
I really hope it's going to be IDW based
Old 12-01-2015, 09:46 AM   #49
AquaParade
Banned

I have a feeling Tom Waltz may be doing some writing for this game, based on several hints that have been dropped recently, regarding IDW Turtles being involved in a secret project, and also, Tom mentioned he was writing for a video game recently.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:03 AM   #50
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Something IDW-based would be incredible. But I'll be happy with anything that's not BayTurtles.

Platinum Games? That's actually decently promising. So long as they're given the time and resources required, their track record is pretty damn good. Fingers crossed...
Old 12-01-2015, 10:37 AM   #51
chrisdude
Foot Elite

What the hell?! I HAVE Tony Hawk 5! I didn't know they put the damn turtles in it!
Old 12-01-2015, 10:47 AM   #52
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
What the hell?! I HAVE Tony Hawk 5! I didn't know they put the damn turtles in it!
Yeah, It's part of a free update to the game, it added some more characters, the TMNT is one of them.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:50 AM   #53
MrTrikey
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I have a feeling Tom Waltz may be doing some writing for this game, based on several hints that have been dropped recently, regarding IDW Turtles being involved in a secret project, and also, Tom mentioned he was writing for a video game recently.
Hey, you're right! After our initial guesses about those hints pointing to that new tabletop game largely fell flat, a lot of us were left scratching our heads. But between the THPS5 models and this announcement, now it just seems like things are sliding into place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I agree with you. I just want this section to keep expectations in check, because previous game releases have turned into an absolute sh*t storm on this forum.
True. But I think as long as people keep in mind that this is still likely going to be a mid-tier project of some sort, and a first game that hopefully builds a foundation for sequels, things may just work out. And people will stay sane.

...Nah, who we kiddin?!
Old 12-01-2015, 02:35 PM   #54
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think its for the best they're going with the IDW Turtle designs. If they went with the Nick cartoon designs the game would be viewed as another licensed kids game, and if they went with the 80's cartoon designs it would be seen as nostalgia pandering.

Going with a more "neutral" design for the Turtles is the best movie. The IDW Turtles basically look like a mix of the Mirage/4kids Turtles anyway.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:45 PM   #55
Vicky82
Emperor

Cool, I would get it if it is available for PC I don't have a Playstation or XBox.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:53 PM   #56
Powder
So tired of this place

Yeah, I really hope it's on PC too. I'm a Nintendo guy, so...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:56 PM   #57
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
Ditto. I need to find this on PS4 ASAP.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 04:09 PM   #58
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Ditto. I need to find this on PS4 ASAP.
No. You REALLY don't need to play Tony Hawk 5. You really don't.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 04:24 PM   #59
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Cool, I would get it if it is available for PC I don't have a Playstation or XBox.
Its probably going to be PS4/One only and no Nintendo release since Activision doesn't make Wii-U games anymore.

That being said the game isn't coming out till Fall 2016 so it might release on the NX if it comes out next November.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 04:38 PM   #60
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'd guess it's coming out on PC as well, OOTS came out there as well and most major releases now get PC ports. I hope so as well since I'm a Nintendo/PC guy only as well, I don't game enough to warrant a game console.

Yeah I think this will be a smaller game and maybe downloadable only title but that's fine as long as it's fun/good. I don't need a giant epic, I just want a good TMNT game even if it's a fun short ride.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dudesbros, frugalcubed, inb4whiningaboutcasuals, platinum games