The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-14-2024, 04:51 PM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Sports Betting

Has anyone partaken in this? This current weekend was the first time I ever tried it and it's incredibly stressful lol.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 05:27 PM   #2
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

90% of my friends are borderline obsessed with it. Its been this way for years. Can't watch sports unless they have some action on it, have to constantly change channels to watch random games no one cares about. Seriously, some of my friends will be on like D3 soccer I swear its absurd they're just gambling to gamble, I'll never understand it.

I'm a big NBA fan so many of my buddies will ask me stupid questions that are obviously for their degenerate gambling. An example could be do you think LeBron will get 6 assists tonight? Like he could but maybe he won't how am I supposed to know and why in the world would I care about if player x gets a specific number of points or rebounds or whatever?

At the least I prefer this to the obsession of crypto because it means sports are on the TV which is better than, well, watching crypto prices go up and down.

The only joy I can get out of sports betting would MAYBE be to bet on end of season awards / standings. I won money on Jokic MVP a few years back, nothing crazy maybe 100$.

Last edited by Drose18; 01-14-2024 at 05:33 PM.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:11 AM   #3
LegionareX
Mouser

Well, I know that many of you will find gambling stupid and a waste of time. However, for me, gambling is a hobby. I am really into sports. I have loved watching and reading about football, basketball, and golf since I was a kid. With time, I realized I know a lot about sports. I decided, as a joke, to try to put a bet. And surprisingly I won. However, after a few weeks, I lost all the money. So, this taught me that I love gambling for fun, not money. I do not see gambling as a source of income, and I think others should do the same.
LegionareX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM   #4
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Wonder how people will feel about it now after this little incident with Jayton Porter.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote