The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-08-2017, 03:41 PM   #1
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

E3 Twenty-Seventeen

Click here for the schedule.

So what's everyone hoping for? What rumors are flying around that you think might be/wanna be true? E3 gets an early start this year on Saturday, so let's do iiiiiiit!
Old 06-08-2017, 03:52 PM   #2
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Hopefully a new Souls-like Fromsoft game.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:01 PM   #3
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Sony conference, not only do I have a PS4 but I waited for a year for new Spiderman news
Old 06-08-2017, 08:49 PM   #4
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I'm hoping that the next smash game for Nintendo switch gets announced. If not that, then a remastered Melee in HD Atleast since that has been frequently rumoured.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:31 AM   #5
Turo602
The King of Kings

I think my two biggest wants are Metroid and Splinter Cell. Metroid hasn't gotten a proper game in 10 years and a proper sequel in 15 years. Splinter Cell on the other hand had 2 very amazing games last generation and has been completely absent this generation. We've gotten plenty of Assassin's Creeds and Far Crys this generation, this has to be the E3 where a new Splinter Cell is announced. Another Dead Space game would be nice too.

Also, there's been a lot of talk and rumors about Rocksteady or WB doing a new Batman and even a Superman game. Would love to see either of those be true.

Other than that, I'm pretty much excited to see things that have been announced already. Mario Odyssey, Spider-Man, Avengers, God of War 4, Sonic Forces, Resident Evil 2 REmake, etc.

I'm pretty disappointed to hear that Halo 6 will be absent this year. It's probably for the best, but they usually have really cool hype trailers around this time. Hopefully they got something Halo-related though. That Halo show has been pretty quiet and I don't think there's ever been any follow up to whether or not it's still happening since Microsoft's Xbox TV thing failed really hard.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:01 AM   #6
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I'd like to see a classic style Metroid title for 3DS and some more information about the upcoming Spider-Man game on PS4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:13 PM   #7
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Made a thread for the Xbox One X
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...10#post1689310

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:46 PM   #8
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Great use of this thread, people.

Anyway, I thought the Microsoft thing was pretty good. Lots of games shown and a lot seemed pretty interesting. Crackdown, Mordor, Sea of Thieves, Last Night, Assassin's Creed, Ori, Cuphead, CodeVein, and Ashen all look pretty cool. I also wanna get an X, but I think I should upgrade my TV first.

Last edited by Cure; 06-11-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:26 PM   #9
Ninjinister
無問題

I'm excited that Cuphead finally has a release date. Wonder if they're still going for that Master System version? Maybe 2021.

So far the only new game other than Dragon Ball FighterZ I'm excited for is Before the Storm, although like 90% of the reason I liked Chloe so much was her acting, and her actress is only writing for her in this one and not voicing again. It's still early though! E3 proper hasn't even started yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I feel ya.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:56 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

No real interest in Microsoft's stuff, but the third party showings and the indie games particularly Cuphead looked pretty good. I also can't believe a Dragonball Z game was one of the highlights of Microsoft's content.

Lastly that red squirrel platformer game? Virtually everyone on every other gaming forum I've visited thought it was going to be a Conker game at first...lol
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:13 PM   #11
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Fingers crossed for the new Wolfenstein Game, loved new order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Can't tell if being sarcastic or genuine

You know looking at the new Wolfenstein trailer I still think its a damn shame they killed off Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by PApagreg; 06-11-2017 at 10:42 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:27 PM   #12
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Not too sure what to think of the Devolver.....presentation right now.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:47 AM   #13
Turo602
The King of Kings

A Way Out looks like a very unique co-op experience. I'm not entirely convinced Assassin's Creed: Origins is the reinvigoration the series needs, but the story is sure to be interesting and the setting looks absolutely beautiful. Crackdown 3 looks like a lot fun, but I haven't played the first 2 so I don't know when I'll ever get around to getting it. Cuphead still looks great and Conker's Good Fur Day I mean Super Lucky's Tale was a nice surprise. I haven't played Ori and the Blind Forest yet but I hear it's really good so it's cool that it's getting a sequel. I'm also really excited for The Evil Within 2. I don't know how I feel about Sea of Thieves, Ashen, CodeVein, and Anthem yet, but they've definitely caught my attention.

Xbox One X looks pretty cool but holy sh*t that price hurts so much but they snapped with original Xbox backward compatibility.

Last edited by Turo602; 06-12-2017 at 04:54 AM.
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:16 AM   #14
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Battlefront II looks tight I'm glad they're dipping into the prequel stuff. I know the movies aren't universally beloved by any means but there's a lot of fun vehicles, weapons, worlds, and characters to mine.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:38 AM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

Hopefully Sony's E3 is good because I haven't been blown away so far.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:43 PM   #16
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Yeah, aside from the Battlefront 2 and Life Is Strange news, this has been a snooze.

And where's the VR news?
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:09 PM   #17
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Cuphead, Sea of Thieves, Wild, Destiny 2, all games I've already been excited to play for a while now

Assassin's Creed Origins, that Warhammer game, maybe the new Far Cry, Vanquish, all look pretty cool

Skull & Bones looks like it could be freaking awesome
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:21 PM   #18
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm a little behind on E3 since I was working the Pokemon Regionals event all weekend and just now get to go through the conferences, if no one has posted I'll continue to edit this post

The Microsoft conference was a snoozefest because they spent too much time on each game, if you get one game you're not interested in then that's a lot of time wasted.

I like their strategy with Xbox One X as long as they continue to lower the price accordingly, we'll see.

The Last Night and Dragon Ball Fighters Z look cool and plan to get them, Cuphead too but wasn't that announced like two years ago? good thing is most games if not multi platform are only timed exclusives. I don't think there's anything exclusive for Xbox I really want.

I liked the way they treated their fans by allowing OG Xbox games to be backwards compatible, the opposite strategy that Nintendo is doing basically.

edit: sony's conference was rather boring

Last edited by sdp; 06-12-2017 at 08:03 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:53 PM   #19
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Marvel's Spider-Man that is all

Old 06-12-2017, 10:03 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

LOL, Sony's E3 this year was just a repeat of all the same games they showed last year.

Nice that Shadow of Collossus is getting a full remake this time though.

Tags
electronic arts, microsoft, nintendo, sony, ubisoft