The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-26-2019, 10:55 PM   #341
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Damn't I hate the new show.....But I love some OG teen titans ..... I am going to have to check this out....
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 01:34 AM   #342
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Damn't I hate the new show.....But I love some OG teen titans ..... I am going to have to check this out....
Apparently the creative team for Teen Titans Go! were completely hands-off on this production
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:30 PM   #343
Allio
Foot Elite

Just saw the movie. Honestly it falls into the same problems as Turtles Forever. the returning characters felt pretty flanderized
Old 09-25-2019, 04:52 AM   #344
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Flanderized?
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 07:42 AM   #345
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Flanderized?
When a character has specific quirks but they later get exxagerated to the point that's all they are.

Flanders was a normal Joe that meant to church and just had more than Homer did. And early ep even had him show off imported beer.

Sure, he prayed and went to church but nowadays all he is a religious zealot to absurd exageration.

Another example is any character that is just kinda dumb or at least average Joe intelligence compared to the main cast that in later seasons them being dumb is their entire bit.

Homer wasn't the super idiot he is now in the earlier seasons.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 08:34 AM   #346
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Just saw the movie. Honestly it falls into the same problems as Turtles Forever. the returning characters felt pretty flanderized
Just watched it and all the original characters felt the same. Maybe you could make a case for Trigon being a bit more silly but not the main cast. Robin wanting to be the best Hero was similar to how he was in the original, and the other 4 were exactly the same.

The movie overall was the Turtles Forever Of Teen Titans. Especially with all the other universes at the end and the DC animated movie versions being considered the “real serious” versions was hilarious. The movie was quite funny too.

Nice to see the original Teen titans again too for the first time since 2006. Man it really has been a long time, goddamn I was still in my early 20’s when the show was airing
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 07:57 AM   #347
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Titans battle Mystery Inc in a family feud special this October

https://www.animationmagazine.net/tv...october-toons/
Old 09-30-2019, 09:30 AM   #348
Coola Yagami
Overlord

From the clips I've seen they pretty much did the OG TT justice though I don't remember Robin monologuing. I'm glad they remembered that Starfire, Beast Boy and Cyborg are still a tad silly, mostly Starfire.

What I did like though is that the Go gang actually acknowledged that the OG were better and more serious than them rather than play up a 'serious is lame' and have the Go gang show them up with their silliness. Kinda the reverse of the Turtles Forever.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 12:57 PM   #350
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The show is getting a spin-off centred around the team's adventures in the 80s heavy metal universe glimpsed in previous episodes

Quote:
Teen Titans Go! The Night Begins to Shine – In this spinoff series of the Cartoon Network smash hit Teen Titans Go!, Robin, Raven, Cyborg, Beast Boy and Starfire journey back to the world of Night Begins to Shine when the musical land falls victim to a sinister new threat. Together the Titans must protect the only key to the world’s salvation, a magical mixtape. Teen Titans Go! Night Begins to Shine is produced by Warner Bros. Animation.
https://pressroom.warnermedia.com/us...-max-under-new
Old 02-14-2022, 06:10 PM   #352
CyberCubed
Overlord

Is Teen Titans Go still making new episodes? This show has been on the air for like a decade almost, hasn't it?
Old 02-15-2022, 03:22 AM   #353
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is Teen Titans Go still making new episodes? This show has been on the air for like a decade almost, hasn't it?
It's just been renewed for it's eighth season, it's 400th episode is later in the year
Old 02-15-2022, 05:50 AM   #354
neatoman
Emperor

Fun fact, Teen Titans Go is the longest DC to never get a title change.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 08:36 AM   #355
sdp
Megan Fox = April

400 episodes? It's the DC show that has the most episodes ever, it's going to rival combined universe shows like the entire DCAU and perhaps even live action shows.

Hell, it'll end up being the show with the most movies, it has 3, Batman TAS had 3 movies, unless you want to count Beyond and the later 2 DCU movies.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 11:35 PM   #356
CyberCubed
Overlord

I can't believe this show is still getting new episodes over 10+ years later. Absolutely crazy.
Old 12-02-2023, 12:20 AM   #357
Braeden99
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I can't believe this show is still getting new episodes over 10+ years later. Absolutely crazy.
Here's to 10 more!
Braeden99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tothecucks