The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 12-19-2017, 02:09 AM   #181
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Injustice 2 has 28 non DLC characters. Point stands.
MK Armageddon had 62 / 63 characters. No DLC.
Tekken Tag Tournament had 34 characters. No DLC.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 had 49 characters only in Arcade version. 59 in home one..
The King of Fighters 2002 Ultimate Match had 66 characters. No DLC.

So, it seems MY point stands.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:33 AM   #182
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
MK Armageddon had 62 / 63 characters. No DLC.
Tekken Tag Tournament had 34 characters. No DLC.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 had 49 characters only in Arcade version. 59 in home one..
The King of Fighters 2002 Ultimate Match had 66 characters. No DLC.

So, it seems MY point stands.
Each one of these outside of TTT1 (which was specifically made to show off new hardware) are last hurrahs on dying hardware/engines designed specifically to cram as many dead/retired/forgotten characters as they can in one game, and to specifically point out something in the post directly above yours (hi) - these aren't the first or even second incarnations of each series. I'm sure Injustice 3 will have 40ish before DLC. Plus, again in that post (hi again!), these have a lot of very same-y characters. The closest IJ2 has is Superman and Supergirl but they really aren't in terms of anything other than powerset and species.

And keep in mind that all games are restricted by time and budget and all DLC is a separate budget from the main game. Again, NetherRealm has massive corporate bosses in the form of God Dang Warner Bros. and Ed and his team doesn't have the kind of freedom that they enjoyed at Midway.

And I mean, I don't even really understand what your point is? Are you saying you should be able to get free content because... some old games had a bigger roster?

Last edited by Ninjinister; 12-19-2017 at 04:39 AM.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:21 PM   #183
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Each one of these outside of TTT1 (which was specifically made to show off new hardware) are last hurrahs on dying hardware/engines designed specifically to cram as many dead/retired/forgotten characters as they can in one game, and to specifically point out something in the post directly above yours (hi) - these aren't the first or even second incarnations of each series. I'm sure Injustice 3 will have 40ish before DLC. Plus, again in that post (hi again!), these have a lot of very same-y characters. The closest IJ2 has is Superman and Supergirl but they really aren't in terms of anything other than powerset and species.
My point still stands.
Whether they were compilations or not is entirely irrelevant to the question.
Were there pre-DPC fighting games with more characters than 12? Yes.
End of story.

Quote:
And keep in mind that all games are restricted by time and budget and all DLC is a separate budget from the main game. Again, NetherRealm has massive corporate bosses in the form of God Dang Warner Bros. and Ed and his team doesn't have the kind of freedom that they enjoyed at Midway.
LOL, you don't know what are you talking about.
The only thing why DLC budget is separate from the main game is because, game is cut to pieces at the pre-production stage. Then, of course, they make a separate time and budget to flesh out those pieces later. Pieces that under other circumstances would have been part of the core game.

Also, about Midway / NRS - you again don't know what are talking about.

What freedom?
MK developers were not free under Midway in any way shape or form. Midway bosses forced them to put out MK games annually on shoestring budget, because, it was the only Midway franchise which brought at least some money after start of 2000-s, which is why MK Deception feels more like a rehash of MKDA and why MKA is a crazy mess of half-cooked ideas.

They are not free under WB either (no developer working under publisher is free, imagine that), but at least they give them time and decent budget to work with, which tremendously upped quality of the games.
MKDA - the best selling game out of new PS2 trilogy sold ~2,1 million copies. MK9 ~5+ million copies.

Quote:
And I mean, I don't even really understand what your point is? Are you saying you should be able to get free content because... some old games had a bigger roster?
My point is that Cure said, that old fighting games before DLC didn't had more than 12 characters, which is obviously false and I have proved it.

I didn't said anything about "free content" and what not. Stop fantasizing about my posts and putting words that I have never said in my mouth, please.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:14 AM   #184
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Not sure if this was posted but nice reaction
Old 12-26-2017, 11:39 AM   #185
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, the crowd reaction was great, but at the same time, I'm willing to bet most of those people don't even know anything or much about TMNT. I'm willing to bet 90% of those people don't read any of the comics, never watched the recent two cartoons and the only thing they remember about the original show is from their childhood but never revisited it. And they probably just remember the first movie, which is what most casual fans think about.

It's weird to see casual fans get so excited about TMNT...yet they never watch/read anything in the TMNT franchise. It's almost like some people like the concept of Ninja Turtles more than anything that has the Turtles in them. Do they read the Mirage/Archie/IDW comics? Of course not. Did they watch the 2k3 or Nick cartoons? Most likely not. Do they remember anything of the original cartoon other than, "Mikey says Cowabunga?" probably not.

I've noticed most people in real life who say, "They love TMNT" actually barely know anything about it and don't follow the franchise at all.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:51 AM   #186
bwwd
Hench Mutant

So many assumptions Let people be happy , they dont have to be hardcore fans, from what i read its hardcore fans who are the most hard to talk with people because of their love to particular turtles incarnation
Hardcore fan after watching trailer can say "why next mutation stylized gear", why initials if its more like movie turtles etc. so most of the time im glad if people dont care that much and arent that hardcore about turtles.
Couple of years before i was very against bay turtles beacuse of their design but today i can see it was done on purpose to make them kinda like monsters , humans/mutants and it works in some scenes , its still my least favourite turtles look.
So i know that people's opinions do change.
That thing about "i love this and that" applies to a lot more than TMNT , lot of people say they love something like i love rocky movies but they cant tell who rocky fought in part 4.Its funny
Most of the kids that say to me they know turtles and they like them a lot its becauyse they want to be nice to me and stuff, when i ask about turtles names then they cant tell... and im not angry about this, its kinda cute that they try to be nice.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:54 AM   #187
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I've noticed most people in real life who say, "They love TMNT" actually barely know anything about it and don't follow the franchise at all.
I think everyone is a casual fan of something though. I haven’t read any Marvel comics in 10+ years but I enjoy most of the new movies coming out and every once in awhile I’ll catch a small reference.

While it is an awesome appearance for the turtles in this game it still is a casual appearance. I mean, how much screen time or back story will they really get besides the fighting gameplay?
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:54 AM   #188
CyberCubed
Overlord

What I was referring to was the, "mass cheering." For example when they put Aliens or Predator in the previous fighters I thought, "cool" but nothing more. If it was a big franchise I really liked such as TMNT, I would get overly excited. But as I said, I seriously doubt those 50+ people in that video are all big TMNT fans.

For a lot of people TMNT isn't much more than a passing interest from their childhood. It's not something like Star Wars or DC/Marvel superheroes that a lot of people follow into their adulthood.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:37 PM   #189
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
What I was referring to was the, "mass cheering." For example when they put Aliens or Predator in the previous fighters I thought, "cool" but nothing more. If it was a big franchise I really liked such as TMNT, I would get overly excited. But as I said, I seriously doubt those 50+ people in that video are all big TMNT fans.

For a lot of people TMNT isn't much more than a passing interest from their childhood. It's not something like Star Wars or DC/Marvel superheroes that a lot of people follow into their adulthood.
Ah, gotcha. Yeah it does seem to be an exaggerated response. I’m sure any of us from this forum would react like that but I agree; our community is much smaller.
Every time I see someone in public wearing a Tmnt t-shirt I squint my eyes and ask myself “are they really a fan?” Not that it matters really, haha!
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:42 PM   #190
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yeah, it's mostly, "YAY!!!! Something that vaguely reminds me of something from my childhood!!!" and not really deeper than that.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:03 PM   #191
Ninjinister
無問題

Well there's also the fact that it was completely f**king unexpected.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:43 PM   #192
bwwd
Hench Mutant

No offense but some of you guys are really hard to please and you dig a lot in your head to take out some negativity and complain about video with people cheering over something you yourself actually like - ninja turtles , what the hell happened to some of you guys ?
All my friends know TMNT and you act like if this forum is some underground secret turtles survival real fanbase here where nobody out there knows that you exist.chill.And dont expect people to like something the same way you do.Some people are emotional and react like that over unexpected, it doesnt mean they are super fans.
Many people stop collecting turtles stuff in various stages in life and its all perfectly fine.Thats just life.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:22 PM   #193
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yeah, the crowd reaction was great, but at the same time, I'm willing to bet most of those people don't even know anything or much about TMNT. I'm willing to bet 90% of those people don't read any of the comics, never watched the recent two cartoons and the only thing they remember about the original show is from their childhood but never revisited it. And they probably just remember the first movie, which is what most casual fans think about.

It's weird to see casual fans get so excited about TMNT...yet they never watch/read anything in the TMNT franchise. It's almost like some people like the concept of Ninja Turtles more than anything that has the Turtles in them. Do they read the Mirage/Archie/IDW comics? Of course not. Did they watch the 2k3 or Nick cartoons? Most likely not. Do they remember anything of the original cartoon other than, "Mikey says Cowabunga?" probably not.

Who cares, I say, bring on all the casual fans, if all it takes is for casual fans to cheer at the inclusion of the TMNT into a DC fighting game for us to get our Arkham game then so be it...
Old 12-26-2017, 04:12 PM   #194
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
No offense but some of you guys are really hard to please and you dig a lot in your head to take out some negativity and complain about video with people cheering over something you yourself actually like - ninja turtles , what the hell happened to some of you guys ?
It's typical fanboish entitlement: "how dare they celebrate franchise they know nothing about, when I am, so cool and knowledgeable fun of the series!"
Old 12-26-2017, 07:56 PM   #195
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
It's typical fanboish entitlement: "how dare they celebrate franchise they know nothing about, when I am, so cool and knowledgeable fun of the series!"
Cybercubed's biggest enemies besides Fitchner, Bay and turtle nostrils are the casuals.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:41 PM   #196
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Cybercubed's biggest enemies besides Fitchner, Bay and turtle nostrils are the casuals.
Yeah, I am aware of that.

'Cubed is strange.
Like he switches from normal human mode to...something else. I wonder is that really just one person?
Old 12-27-2017, 07:23 AM   #197
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Yeah, I am aware of that.

'Cubed is strange.
Like he switches from normal human mode to...something else. I wonder is that really just one person?
The dude is so Cubey he has developed split personalities.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:55 AM   #198
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

It looks like that Enchantress is already being hinted at for being available in the game, but she's just not unlockable yet. Guess we'll get more in game designs for the Turtles at the end of next month followed by the play through teaser.

UGH. I can't wait.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:28 AM   #199
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Ha, ha! And I know who you're talking about.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 06:28 PM   #200
bwwd
Hench Mutant

I mean its ok that someone is a hardcore fan but wanting someone else to be fan is a bit strange , just let people be, instead have a laugh when kid misspell turtles names or say they know all 3 of them cause theyre biggest fans.
Its not worthy to expect anything from anyone, in the end it only makes you sadder inside and only you care about it so... why even bother, instead change your expectations to make you happy cause its all that matters.
I had a bit of a problem with casuals as well in the past but now, its totally opposite, it just cracks me up

Tags
injustice 2, peanut