Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 09:05 AM   #561
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Nickelodeon To Give Sneak-Peek Of "Rise Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" At Las Vegas Licensing Expo 2017.

It will be held at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV between Tuesday 23rd and Thursday 25th May 2017!

http://nickalive.blogspot.co.uk/2017...k-of-rise.html
Maybe they'll announce casting for it as well.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:56 AM   #562
Vicky82
Emperor

I wonder if the sneak peek will be under a NDA so we won't see anything posted on the internet straight away. If we do then it probably just be leaks.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:54 PM   #563
sdp
Megan Fox = April

That's a lot sooner than I would've thought, maybe we will have a trailer by SDCC..

They really want to get rid of the CG show as quick as possible it seems
Old 05-08-2017, 12:59 PM   #564
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I wonder if the sneak peek will be under a NDA so we won't see anything posted on the internet straight away.
I doubt it. Are the latest children's cartoons really under that kind of scrutiny these days? I mean, what, 8 year-olds might do a Google search, not like the designs and not see the show?
Old 05-08-2017, 01:19 PM   #565
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I doubt it. Are the latest children's cartoons really under that kind of scrutiny these days? I mean, what, 8 year-olds might do a Google search, not like the designs and not see the show?
No I thought it could be under NDA because season 5 isn't finished yet and Nick probably want to promote the new show afterwards so they don't clash and get people confused.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:25 PM   #566
sdp
Megan Fox = April

They're not changing anything, but sometimes businesses forget that online nerds want to announcements or Press Releases before they show to licensee's.

It's not the first time that a company shows off something new at a licensing expo, which the whole purpose of it is find companies that want to license their product, it's not a revelation. In many fandoms, most famously the Power Rangers one, people have gone to them with no intentions of licensing the product but just to ask questions about the franchise I bet the people there are not too happy about that but I'm sure they've kind of gotten used to it by now.

So don't expect a "big" reveal, these events are as basic as you can get for "info" and the whole reason for them is to make deals, but we'll definitely get the logo and likely character designs, maybe a 15 second trailer that doesn't show off much. But yeah that means the show will likely be revealed at SDCC with a lot of fanfare.

Quote:
The original Loonatics designs were changed. I can't find the original article but it was a "7 year old kid" that wrote to WB about him not liking the original designs and because of that the executives decided to change it. In reality it seemed more like the parents wrote it for him but whatever, the original designs looked awesome, sure a bit eexxxtreeeeme but they weren't supposed to be the original Looney Tunes besides that they were inspired by them and mostly grown men spent their whole times on the internet complaining about it until WB listened. While I didn't find the original article I did find the original thread on the drome of people comlaining.

The end result was we got "cuter" characters that made no sense in that cartoon and 99% of adults who b-tched and moaned online did not watch it (ZariusTwo and TigerClaw being the 1% who did ). The show was still futuristic so the re-designs didn't change the opinion of anyone and didn't help the show.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:32 PM   #567
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
While I gladly admit I hardly know everything, I very much doubt children forming early opinions is the purpose of an NDA. I believe it's more about the business side of things.

Though now I'm curious how expos like that work; if those who are privy to what they see at an Expo like this are already under a general agreement that they can't say too much. But I also doubt Nick will release more than what they are ready to at this point in time. (Just give potential licensees a sample to wet the apatite?)
Old 05-08-2017, 01:35 PM   #568
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I wonder if we'll get another event like the one Nick did in San Diego right before the 2012 show came out. Where the Joe Pesci lookalike came out, they promised pizza for everyone but only had like 3 boxes, and in the end only turned out to be a big "Look how cool the vehicles are!!" thing?
Old 05-08-2017, 02:04 PM   #569
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Did you go to that?

I remember the dromers that went said it was pretty awesome but going to events like that really warp your mind into thinking they're cooler than they are, it's the reason they do them. I was so excited for the show back then, too bad it didn't end up what I wanted it to be.

They won't do that, The reason they did it is they were trying to get the TMNT fandom to be back them up so they would at least have some people talking about it, they don't need that anymore since they know they have an evergreen IP. Not to mention that they never did anything since and likely most people who worked there at that time who planned it likely no longer work there or have a different position at the company.

Plus it's cheaper to pay ONE pizza for Andre Black Nerd and he'll reach many more people than VH1's totally obsessed girl ever will.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:29 PM   #570
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Did you go to that?
I was... encouraged to go. It was pretty ghastly. I just wanted some free pizza and didn't even get that.

Quote:
I remember the dromers that went said it was pretty awesome but going to events like that really warp your mind into thinking they're cooler than they are, it's the reason they do them. I was so excited for the show back then, too bad it didn't end up what I wanted it to be.
It was pretty weird. The Nick Joe Pesci guy was talking to a room of 30, 40 year-olds (maybe 4 or 5 holding babies) literally like they were all 8 years-old and made the focus about how cool the vehicles the Turtles and the Foot would ride around in would be.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:00 PM   #571
snake
Disgusting

Quote:

It was pretty weird. The Nick Joe Pesci guy was talking to a room of 30, 40 year-olds (maybe 4 or 5 holding babies) literally like they were all 8 years-old and made the focus about how cool the vehicles the Turtles and the Foot would ride around in would be.

Holy sh*t, I need footage. Is this thing up online?
Old 05-08-2017, 03:10 PM   #572
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I can only imagine it was something like this:
\
Spoiler:

poor andrew, everyone enjoying the turtles new show except him
Old 05-08-2017, 03:14 PM   #573
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post

Holy sh*t, I need footage. Is this thing up online?
I think I actually did take some video in there. I'll look later at home.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:28 PM   #574
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Hahahaha... That's hilarious.

Though I must admit, since the target for the show are audience are children, it's likely that he/his employer thought there would be more children there and only prepared lines for that scenario. Did you get the impression that might have been the case?
Hahahaha!
Old 05-08-2017, 03:29 PM   #575
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Though I must admit, since the target for the show are audience are children, it's likely that he/his employer thought there would be more children there and only prepared lines for that scenario. Did you get the impression that might have been the case?
Yeah, what else could it be? They were handing out different wearable colored bandannas too.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:32 PM   #576
Vegita-San
Emperor

for some reason i remember something like this. not sure why.

maybe it was the same guy from NYCC or something.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:01 PM   #577
snake
Disgusting

I'm sure most of the casuals there ate it up anyway.

Reminds me of when X-Entertainment did commentary on a He-Man event in 2003.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:35 PM   #578
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

That was hilarious. Thanks for posting it.

If this is how it was like at the TMNT one, we HAVE to get some of that footage.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:37 PM   #579
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
That was hilarious. Thanks for posting it.

If this is how it was like at the TMNT one, we HAVE to get some of that footage.
98% sure I took a couple of quick clips. But I think it was just me recording things in a circle, the people there, nothing too substantial.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:44 PM   #580
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Red face

Quote:
98% sure I took a couple of quick clips. But I think it was just me recording things in a circle, the people there, nothing too substantial.
In the mean time, here's some pics I took:

Check out all of the little kids.

Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters