The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-22-2018, 04:16 PM   #21
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
It's been a long time since Bane was written correctly. I haven't even been able to really get into the Bane: Conquest series by Chuck Dixon...
I honestly have trouble seeing him as anything more than a one trick pony who surlrised Batman in his long debut arc and then devolved into a glorified henchmen. I blame Batman & Robin and lack of what to do with him. His only other relevances were a temporary suitor to replace Ra's and then somehow thought he was the paternal galf-brother of Bruce. The former was not taken as far as it could and the latter was utterly ridiculous.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:18 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I honestly have trouble seeing him as anything more than a one trick pony who surlrised Batman in his long debut arc and then devolved into a glorified henchmen.
Nonsense. Where was he a henchman in anything after Knightfall?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:30 PM   #23
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Nonsense. Where was he a henchman in anything after Knightfall?
I am referring to how Batman & Robin portrayed him as well as Batman: The Animated Series treated the character. I also see limited effectiveness in the comics. I don't mean as a hench character so much as lack of directiins to take Bane as my two points above suggest. What else can be done wirh Deigo? Have him work with his sucky villain father or create something like Taskmaster as a way of making a play at the head of the Gorhsm Underworld.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:31 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I am referring to how Batman & Robin portrayed him as well as Batman: The Animated Series treated the character. I also see limited effectiveness in the comics. I don't mean as a hench character so much as lack of directiins to take Bane as my two points above suggest.
Never seen any of that. And who cares how anyone was portrayed in Batman & Robin. Lack of direction? Bane was designed to be the Anti-Batman... how is there limited effectiveness in that?

Quote:
What else can be done wirh Deigo? Have him work with his sucky villain father or create something like Taskmaster as a way of making a play at the head of the Gorhsm Underworld.
Who's Diego? That's not Bane's name. His dad is King Snake, who he killed.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:35 PM   #25
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I look more at pther media as it's my preferred interest. It gfeatly influenced my fandom of TMNT, Batman, and Spider-Man.

Bane's name is Antonio Diego in comics and in other media. It is not a Joker's name is Nack Napier scenario.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:46 PM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Bane's name is Antonio Diego in comics and in other media.
No it's not, you made that up. What comic did they say his name is Antonio Diego?

We do know his last name is Dorrance. We don't know his first name.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:47 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Why would anyone look at Batman and Robin as a way of saying Bane has limited potential? That's like looking at Arnold Schwarzeneggars' Mr. Freeze and saying Mr. Freeze's only potential is to make ice puns and freeze Gotham with a giant cold ray.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:04 PM   #28
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Why would anyone look at Batman and Robin as a way of saying Bane has limited potential? That's like looking at Arnold Schwarzeneggars' Mr. Freeze and saying Mr. Freeze's only potential is to make ice puns and freeze Gotham with a giant cold ray.
I am not. There is his lack of notable stories in the comics. He broke Batman's back and AzBat put him away. Then he became Ra's heir for a brief period. Then he believed Bruce Wayne was his paternal half-brother which lead to him learning that King Snake was actually his father leading to him killing Snake. He served with the Secret Six, but not much came of it. There is not much to do with him. He is dependent on a drug to be a brain and brawn powerhouse? He does not need it anymore? Not much really to go on. I hope writers can figure it out I just don't see it.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:06 PM   #29
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
No it's not, you made that up. What comic did they say his name is Antonio Diego?

We do know his last name is Dorrance. We don't know his first name.
It's from the Tim Burton Batman movie, which no one should ever take as canon
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:21 PM   #30
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I am not. There is his lack of notable stories in the comics. He broke Batman's back and AzBat put him away. Then he became Ra's heir for a brief period. Then he believed Bruce Wayne was his paternal half-brother which lead to him learning that King Snake was actually his father leading to him killing Snake. He served with the Secret Six, but not much came of it. There is not much to do with him. He is dependent on a drug to be a brain and brawn powerhouse? He does not need it anymore? Not much really to go on. I hope writers can figure it out I just don't see it.
You just listed an awesome resume of Bane. HOW CAN YOU SAY HE'S A GLORIFIED HENCHMAN!?

Shame on you, M&R. Shame on you and your JasonTodd-hating ass.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:57 PM   #31
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
You just listed an awesome resume of Bane. HOW CAN YOU SAY HE'S A GLORIFIED HENCHMAN!?

Shame on you, M&R. Shame on you and your JasonTodd-hating ass.
The point is in 25 years he had three story-lines of note. The third one is lame and it is hard to think Bane is effective without venom. Killer Croc suffers the same problem on a smaller scale and if not more brutal downturn for the character. Huge introduction and then devolved with little of note after his 1983 arc. Its the same for Bane after getting past his original story-line. I am not hating on Bane. It is just hard to see him having potential to be an ongoing threat consistently in the same breath of Joker, Ras', and a couple of others.