The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-10-2016, 03:15 PM   #41
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The wounds have not yet fully healed since the last movie. People will be out for blood if Batman and Batgirl even smile at each other in this movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 03:24 PM   #42
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Anyone hoping for a Batgirl cameo, keep dreaming, sadly the actress who portrayed her is dead

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 04:53 PM   #43
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I saw the trailer and I don't understand what they're going for, it doesn't really look too much like the 60s show. Some characters are slightly modernized and it's all so dark I'm guessing to appeal to some younger generations but what's the point then? Either go all in or not, to me it feels like the smaller tributes the 60s show has gotten in other DC animated projects were handled better and more true to its source. This should be a tribute full of references but it looks like it'll just be an uninspired movie.

The good news is that if the 60s show can get one of these then we will actually get a DCAU DTV. When these DTVs started the DCAU had barely finished and was seen as its run had met its limit but now we're ten years later and BTAS is simply a legendary show. I'm guessing we'll see the return of the DCAU with a new BTAS movie in this line in the next few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Anyone hoping for a Batgirl cameo, keep dreaming, sadly the actress who portrayed her is dead
So? This isn't a live action movie and many other actors from the show like Cesar Romero are also dead.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:09 PM   #44
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The good news is that if the 60s show can get one of these then we will actually get a DCAU DTV. When these DTVs started the DCAU had barely finished and was seen as its run had met its limit but now we're ten years later and BTAS is simply a legendary show. I'm guessing we'll see the return of the DCAU with a new BTAS movie in this line in the next few years.

I hope so. Killing Joke was a poor swan song for Hamill's Joker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:19 PM   #45
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

I don't know if I'd want a DCAU film... we were blessed with not one but two fantastic endings (the Cadmus Arc/"Epilogue" and "Destroyer") for the series.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:21 PM   #46
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I don't know if I'd want a DCAU film... we were blessed with not one but two fantastic endings (the Cadmus Arc/Epilogue and "Destroyer") for the series.
True, but I'd love a prequel to Batman Beyond...something about that "near Apocalypse of '09."

I'd even settle for a limited comic series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:23 PM   #47
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercubed View Post
The wounds have not yet fully healed since the last movie. People will be out for blood if Batman and Batgirl even smile at each other in this movie.
Would be wrong if Robin and Batgirl crack a smile at each other than?

Candiandrome, that does not mean the character cannot appear if is Yvonne Craig no longer with us. It just means the voice will no be acted by her, but an imitator much like we will get for Joker, Penguin, and Riddler.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 09-10-2016 at 05:38 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:41 PM   #48
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
True, but I'd love a prequel to Batman Beyond...something about that "near Apocalypse of '09."
I feel like that's like the "Clone Wars" as heard in the original Star Wars: it's cooler in the head of the viewer than it is on-screen.
A more grounded film could be interesting though. Something in the vein of "Epilogue".

Last edited by TheSkeletonMan939; 09-10-2016 at 05:49 PM.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 01:44 AM   #49
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
So? This isn't a live action movie and many other actors from the show like Cesar Romero are also dead.
Yes I know I realize that, what I mean was anyone hopin for the actress who played her on the show to voice her in this cartoon and may not know she's dead could be disappointed.

I was actually shocked to learn that Julie newmar is still alive

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:00 AM   #50
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkK6cJ1RO1g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px9qAfea1jg

Not many of these sgd by Barris
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:20 AM   #51
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

A news release for the film just came out. It states the DVD release is not until November 1st opposed to the previously advertised October 11th date which is one of the two nights showing in theatres. It has given us new stills of the film as well as a full cast list.
http://collider.com/batman-return-of...rusaders-cast/
Old 10-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #52
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Two-Face will be appearing in a 2017 sequel to this film and will be voiced by William Shatner: https://www.instagram.com/p/BLPYqm3hNAL/

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:40 PM   #53
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I went to see it yesterday afternoon and I was smiling the entire time. The film really was a nice throw back to my early days as a kid. It was also refreshing to see something fun and not so dark as well. Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar haven't lost their touch at all. The new cast gave solid performances too.

Spoiler:
The reference to the three actresses who played Catwoman was quite clever as was the one about the ending of 'The Dark Knight Rises'. I really don't think Catwoman as gone for good. There's that old saying that goes, "cats have nine lives". Plus, we're already getting a sequel so I believe that she might appear in it.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:20 PM   #54
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I am too busy to go to theater to see it and its not showing in my area anyway. The closest is 45 miles away. As to the spoiler...[SPOILER]Batman says just that after he fall at the end of her first appearance. A Catwoman/Two Face team up? That would be interesting. Have they teamed up before in any media? I don't think so. I assumed it would be an adaptation of the lost episode two parter that was made into a comic one-shot./SPOILER]
Old 12-29-2016, 09:14 PM   #55
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCUG...Rr9jT&index=5D
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:38 PM   #56
CyberCubed
Overlord

I saw this movie a few days ago, it was just ok. I laughed a few times but the middle drags around the time Batman goes evil. It was alright overall.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:56 PM   #57
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I watched the sequel Batman vs. Two-Face today and I have to say that Adam West would've been so proud of this film if he saw it. I miss him being alive in this world but he really did leave behind quite a legacy. This film was definitely a worthy successor to the first one. For some reason it seemed like the animation improved from the previous movie. The plot was a little more serious this time around. Also, it was really neat that Lee Meriwether was the voice of Lucilee Diamond.

Spoiler:
She also got to become Catwoman again after the original stole her identity.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote