The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-31-2018, 01:36 PM   #441
Ninjinister
無問題

Whoever runs the social media for Playmates' TMNT line needs to run stuff by an editor or something first.

Old 12-31-2018, 02:16 PM   #442
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You'd think a typo in only a short line of text in a HUGE font might have been caught before saving that and uploading it. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 08:35 PM   #443
Rukitron
Stone Warrior

Any signs of them shipping those fan club figures?
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:17 PM   #444
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukitron View Post
Any signs of them shipping those fan club figures?
Haven't gotten anything yet.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:14 PM   #445
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

I just signed up and paid for the premium membership or whatever it’s called. Still said expect to receive in January. Fingers crossed.

On a side note, I just discovered the shell broke on my storage shell Leo. It was in a small plastic box with other loose figures while I was reorganizing for a couple days. Nothing broke, just the hinge. First time since I was a kid I had something from TMNT break.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:35 PM   #446
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

I saw the sewer lair playset on clearance at a couple Target stores for $64.xx over the weekend.
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:09 PM   #447
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

I messaged them on Facebook. They said figures are still set to ship late January but they will update us as soon as possible.
Kenwatanabesclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:02 PM   #448
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by useasneeded4pain View Post
I saw the sewer lair playset on clearance at a couple Target stores for $64.xx over the weekend.
I don't think this is a good sign. I had seen figures getting clearanced. I figured they were making room for the new wave.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:38 PM   #449
Leo656
The Franchise

The Lair is on Clearance at my local Target as well... But sadly, it's still $90. That's weird.

If it does hit $60 I will probably get it just to repaint it. It would be a great display for my comparatively-meager TMNT collection.

ALL of the TMNT figures were moved from their semi-prominent display spot, next to the Star Wars toys, to a smaller spot across the aisle, wedged unceremoniously between the Incredibles 2 toys and the DuckTales stuff, none of which has moved in ages.

I'm fully aware that some may paint this as me simply being "negative", but at least in my area this line doesn't seem to be catching fire at all. If toy sales are as intertwined with the success of cartoons as people suggest, Season 2 might be it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 06:19 AM   #450
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The Lair is on Clearance at my local Target as well... But sadly, it's still $90. That's weird.

If it does hit $60 I will probably get it just to repaint it. It would be a great display for my comparatively-meager TMNT collection.

ALL of the TMNT figures were moved from their semi-prominent display spot, next to the Star Wars toys, to a smaller spot across the aisle, wedged unceremoniously between the Incredibles 2 toys and the DuckTales stuff, none of which has moved in ages.

I'm fully aware that some may paint this as me simply being "negative", but at least in my area this line doesn't seem to be catching fire at all. If toy sales are as intertwined with the success of cartoons as people suggest, Season 2 might be it.
Eh they probably announce season 3 before season 2 airs and you can't prove Rise is like Next mutation your just paranoid.
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:35 AM   #451
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That's strange to clearance something so soon since it's still an on-going season and series. Could be that the price tag simply bit them in the butt and it was decided that they take up too much space for something big that isn't moving.

My Walmart never got it, but their 'Rise' section has expanded a little though, at least in the process of them looking like they've finally given that aisle a little attention. But things are kind of spread out more (and not just for TMNT), so while there clearly is more put out, it's still not densely stocked. Still nothing like 2012 used to be.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:34 PM   #452
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
Eh they probably announce season 3 before season 2 airs and you can't prove Rise is like Next mutation your just paranoid.
When did I say it had anything to do with Next Mutation?

Personally, I think Rise would need a rocket on its back to be as "good" as Next Mutation. And I really don't like Next Mutation.

Paranoid? Nope. Observe and Report. Maaaaaybe a little wishful thinking mixed in; not gonna lie, I won't weep when this little "experiment" is over.

Old 01-21-2019, 01:26 PM   #453
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I wasn't going to buy the battle shells, but the heads are quite a bit better.
I found the wave with the "mystery weapons" at Walmart. I figured that might be the more rare run as it may have been a mistake to omit their series-specific powered up weapons, so I went ahead and bought the set.

I shined a bright light through the package to see what the mystery weapons were. Don's, Mike's, and Raph's look brownish in color. Mike's and Raph's kind of look like they might be reproductions of the original '88 nunchucks and large triangular dagger. Don's was a pair of small pointed object that I can't really place. Leo's looks silver in color and appears to be the small daggers with the round eyelet at the end that came with 2012 Leo.

I probably won't open this set due to the suspected rarity, so I may never know precisely what they are!

Also, mystery bag Mike doesn't come with the orange fist-chucks as pictured on the card, but he does come with the mace-chucks. Maybe the non-mystery version does?
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:58 PM   #454
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The non-bag Battle Shells shows the extra they come with in the window and have the "shell stuffers" accessories inside the shell like the bag versions. So non-bag Mikey should come with both kusari-fundo weapons
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:01 PM   #455
Leo656
The Franchise

Aaaaaaand the Lair at Target got sold. . Took them six months to sell the TWO they started with, so that's probably the last one I'll ever see "in the wild". Walmart over here didn't even bother with it.

Wish this one had it for $60 instead of $90 on Clearance, I definitely would've jumped. Ah well. Can't have everything. Would've been nice, though.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:55 PM   #456
Angry_Raph
Foot Soldier

I managed to snag a lair when it dropped to $60, because I felt like I’d be pressing my luck if I waited for a store to have it for $40. I saw it drop at a couple stores far away on brickseek, but I was happy enough to get it for half off.
Angry_Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:35 PM   #457
Leo656
The Franchise

That's what I'm saying, my Target only put it on Clearance for $90. That's f*cked up.

They're kinda shady, though. Like right now they have a bunch of the 4-inch Marvel two-packs on Clearance for $5, except the Black Widow vs. Ryu Marvel vs. Capcom set which all have yellow "Clearance" stickers for... $19.95, which is the regular retail price. Or a couple months ago, they had a few Mattel Roddy Piper figures on the shelves for $20... and a stack of them buried in the Clearance aisle with $7 stickers, hidden under a stack of other toys. And there's this MLP box set I want, which has been $70 for a year. They're down to the last one or two, and now and then they'll put it on Clearance for like $50, and if it doesn't sell in a week they just get rid of the Clearance tag and try selling it for $70 again. I guess they figure it can't hurt.

Place is a zoo. But yeah, I would have jumped on the Lair if they had it for $60, but they didn't. The f*ckers.

Old 01-25-2019, 12:58 AM   #458
andr0s81
Random Punk

So I'm confused, are the battle shell turtles supposed to be out?

And are the bag figures exclusives or something? Do the bag figures not include all the same weapons as the nonbag figures?

They look to fix my biggest gripe with the initial figures, being their faces. I believe they are just the Giant figure heads shrunken down, but I'm good with that.
andr0s81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 01:12 PM   #459
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Spotted Shell Hog Raph at Walmart today.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:17 PM   #460
LilithMV
Thug

I wonder how many eons it's going to take until TMNT 2018 toys comes to Sweden...

I miss the 1989-1994 days were basically every TMNT toys arrived here. Then again I miss the TMNT toys from those days. Every toy store had them, and tons of them as well. It was usual to see even small stores fill an entire wall with TMNT figues and vehicles.

And now two of the largest toy store chains in Sweden have gone into the grave because the company that own them went bankrupt.
LilithMV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018, action figures, playmates, rise of the tmnt, toys