The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-18-2019, 06:32 AM   #1
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

TMNT comics reboot series

With IDW rebooting Transformers and GI Joe will IDW do the same to TMNT? I mean other comic publisher would probably reboot TMNT comics and probably add from previous continuities and merge them togeter to create an even bigger ultimate TMNT and with Mirage comics sadly never concluding,Image comics ending,and Archie comics finished I think rebooting the TMNT comics would be the next logical step do you agree?
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:42 AM   #2
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
With IDW rebooting Transformers and GI Joe will IDW do the same to TMNT? I mean other comic publisher would probably reboot TMNT comics and probably add from previous continuities and merge them togeter to create an even bigger ultimate TMNT and with Mirage comics sadly never concluding,Image comics ending,and Archie comics finished I think rebooting the TMNT comics would be the next logical step do you agree?
I agree that eventually maybe a reboot should be considered, just not anytime soon. There's plenty of stories to be told from characters that have storylines hinted at (Leatherhead and Bishop) or from characters that have recently been introduced (Ch'rell) and even ongoing storylines that have a long time before completion I'm sure (Pantheon). So, yes, I can see a reboot in the cards in the future, just not anytime within the next few years.

If a reboot does occur, I'd be interested in seeing how the origin story tops the reincarnation origin.

Last edited by daggio; 01-18-2019 at 08:23 AM.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:45 AM   #3
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
I agree that eventually maybe a reboot should be considered, just not anytime soon. There's plenty of stories to be told from characters that have storylines hinted at (Leatherhead and Bishop) or from characters that have recently been introduced (Ch'rell) and even ongoing storylines that have a lot time before completion I'm sure (Pantheon). So, yes, I can see a reboot in the cards in the future, just not anytime within the next few years.

If a reboot does occur, I'd be interested in seeing how the origin story tops the reincarnation origin.
Also the Shredder in hell mini series that ties into the pantheon storyline and probably the 100th issue.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:46 AM   #4
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
I agree that eventually maybe a reboot should be considered, just not anytime soon. There's plenty of stories to be told from characters that have storylines hinted at (Leatherhead and Bishop) or from characters that have recently been introduced (Ch'rell) and even ongoing storylines that have a lot time before completion I'm sure (Pantheon).
Don't forget Null and Maligna! There could easily be another 50 issues revolving around those two.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:00 AM   #5
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Don't forget Null and Maligna! There could easily be another 50 issues revolving around those two.
Forgot completely about those two. With those two still waiting in the wings, so to speak, maybe that means another trip to Dimension X! I know it hasn't been stated that Null is from Dimension X but her talk during the Mutanimals miniseries lends me to believe that she is.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:28 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

IDW TMNT essentially IS the reboot, what would another reboot accomplish? Besides that they've made comics based on the cartoons like Nick 2012 and Rise so far, I'm not sure what else a reboot would accomplish throwing away everything since 2011.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:45 PM   #7
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
IDW TMNT essentially IS the reboot, what would another reboot accomplish? Besides that they've made comics based on the cartoons like Nick 2012 and Rise so far, I'm not sure what else a reboot would accomplish throwing away everything since 2011.
Okay I get I just wish TMNT comics will still continue
Old 01-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #8
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
This. IDW TMNT already is an Ultimate TMNT of sorts, and besides, it's just now getting to the really good stuff, to that very special point in storytelling and continuity that takes any given series years to grow into. No reason to throw it all away so soon and go back to the start. Again.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 01:10 PM   #9
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
No reason to throw it all away so soon and go back to the start. Again.
Exactly, leave that to the movie franchises
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 01:14 PM   #10
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

Learning to make comics in college, we always learned that reboot was an attempt to save a failing series.

If the TMNT idw comics get rebooted, it means the series is failing to make money.

Youtube channel that talks about TMNT, Gundam, Pumpkin Plants, Finances, G I Joe, Transformers and move: https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 03:24 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

IDW won't do a reboot unless Tom Waltz/Bobby decide to make a conclusive end to the series and a new creative team come on board for a fresh start. But I wouldn't imagine something like that till maybe post issue 150.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:59 PM   #12
daggio
Foot Soldier

Maybe (big maybe), instead of a reboot, the series at some point will go in the direction similar to what happened over on IDW's Transformers in that a big event occurs and afterwards there are two separate ongoing series' happening (and yeah, I remember TMNT Universe, but I mean two separate and equal ongoings with little interaction but shared memories of past events kind of thing). I know that's hoping for the moon, but hey this TMNT series has the characters and storytelling prowess to make that kind of thing happen.
Old 01-25-2019, 03:03 PM   #13
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
That's what Sonic fans said about Archie...
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:27 AM   #14
neatoman
Emperor

I guess a reboot will happen eventually. I just don't see it happening for a few more years though.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 08:52 AM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

Probably won't happen till the far future if/when IDW loses the TMNT license and whatever new comic company picks it up and wants to do their own fresh take and universe.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:43 AM   #16
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Maybe (big maybe), instead of a reboot, the series at some point will go in the direction similar to what happened over on IDW's Transformers in that a big event occurs and afterwards there are two separate ongoing series' happening (and yeah, I remember TMNT Universe, but I mean two separate and equal ongoings with little interaction but shared memories of past events kind of thing). I know that's hoping for the moon, but hey this TMNT series has the characters and storytelling prowess to make that kind of thing happen.
You mean like when the Archie comics stopped adapting Fred Wolf cartoon episodes, and created its own stories and universe?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 04:59 PM   #17
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
You mean like when the Archie comics stopped adapting Fred Wolf cartoon episodes, and created its own stories and universe?
Having two separate timelines with separate stories going on actually to me seems like an intriguing idea, but I was thinking more like a splitting of the primary characters, with one set of said characters having separate story arcs from each other, thus having two equally important ongoing comics each month. Like I said, I know thats hoping for the moon, but this comic has the storytelling prowess to make that happen.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:05 PM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

My vote: full reboot with Turtles that kill and a non-wisecracking Mikey. Also a complete deemphasis on drawing from the kids stuff.

But I have no vote.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:02 PM   #19
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
My vote: full reboot with Turtles that kill and a non-wisecracking Mikey. Also a complete deemphasis on drawing from the kids stuff.

But I have no vote.
We get it you like mirage but it's way too late for that dude. You already made 2 fan comics. We have death in the idw comics just for teens now mirage isn't what it used to be either you need to move on from this. Kids would still read it anyway and mak Ng the turtles have the same personality is kinda lame dude.

Last edited by Toxin45; 01-27-2019 at 04:08 AM.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:36 PM   #20
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

But I have no vote.
I'm all in on this if we can keep colored bandannas.

Compromise in the name of the greater good? Or is this your personal "Border Wall"?

We have fun.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
archie, comics, idw, mirage, tmnt